FORUMS

[MOD][XPOSED] Sudohide: Prevent apps from being detected by other apps

34 posts
Thanks Meter: 94
 
Post Reply Email Thread
17th April 2020, 07:53 AM |#321  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santimaster2000

What do you mean by "Completely reset SudoHide" ? If you don't mind me asking.

Sure. I mean to force stop and wipe data. After that you have to set which app you want to hide from which app again.
Can't remember if it works immediatly, so you might have to reboot.
17th April 2020, 07:34 PM |#322  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
It looks like SudoHide is the module that causes SafetyNet to be tripped.
Other modules in EdExposed don't seem to do that.

It works in Taichi, but that is advised to be avoided. Other options in this thread detach YouTube, but it always gets attached when PlayStore updates.
I think the best option now is to prevent auto-updates in PlayStore and set Titanium to detach YouTube every day after PlayStore updates (which in my case is at night). That way you can at least press 'update all' instead of updating one by one.
18th April 2020, 03:33 AM |#323  
Senior Member
Flag Ao Nang, Krabi
Thanks Meter: 415
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoL_82

It looks like SudoHide is the module that causes SafetyNet to be tripped.
Other modules in EdExposed don't seem to do that.

It works in Taichi, but that is advised to be avoided. Other options in this thread detach YouTube, but it always gets attached when PlayStore updates.
I think the best option now is to prevent auto-updates in PlayStore and set Titanium to detach YouTube every day after PlayStore updates (which in my case is at night). That way you can at least press 'update all' instead of updating one by one.

If you press update all and have auto update for YouTube disabled it will ask you if you are sure and you can skip the YouTube update. It's 1 extra click. I don't understand the fuss.
If you enable general auto update in play store it will update automatically and don't need to click anything. Everything will get updated except for those apps which you have disabled auto update.
18th May 2020, 01:53 PM |#324  
sjamie's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,082
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeDread11

If you press update all and have auto update for YouTube disabled it will ask you if you are sure and you can skip the YouTube update. It's 1 extra click. I don't understand the fuss.
If you enable general auto update in play store it will update automatically and don't need to click anything. Everything will get updated except for those apps which you have disabled auto update.

Some of us love seeing "no updates available" in the Play Store.
19th May 2020, 07:38 AM |#325  
Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
How can i tell if sudohide is running and working as it intended to be?
19th May 2020, 09:09 AM |#326  
Senior Member
Flag Ao Nang, Krabi
Thanks Meter: 415
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjarys

How can i tell if sudohide is running and working as it intended to be?

What do you intend to use it for?
Did you get the expected behavior?

I'm using it to hide Magisk manager (instead of recording with a different package name).
It's hidden from 'root beer fresh' and after that 'root beer fresh' shows no su manager installed.

I also hide an app from the 'play store', to avoid play protect from asking me to uninstall, without having to turn off the whole feature.
Play protect doesn't detect the app.
The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeDread11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JudgeDread11 Ad-Free
19th May 2020, 07:21 PM |#327  
Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeDread11

What do you intend to use it for?
Did you get the expected behavior?

I'm using it to hide Magisk manager (instead of recording with a different package name).
It's hidden from 'root beer fresh' and after that 'root beer fresh' shows no su manager installed.

I also hide an app from the 'play store', to avoid play protect from asking me to uninstall, without having to turn off the whole feature.
Play protect doesn't detect the app.

Ah that root beer is all i need. Thanks for that.

Edit:
After few tests with foot beer, it still can detect the root binary even when the binary was set to hid from root beer. On the other hand, hiding with magisk native was a success.
20th May 2020, 05:50 AM |#328  
Senior Member
Flag Ao Nang, Krabi
Thanks Meter: 415
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjarys

Ah that root beer is all i need. Thanks for that.

Edit:
After few tests with foot beer, it still can detect the root binary even when the binary was set to hid from root beer. On the other hand, hiding with magisk native was a success.

Studio hide can only hide the root management app. It can only replace the repacking. You will still need Magisk hide enabled for root beer.
The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeDread11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JudgeDread11 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
privacy, xposed, xposed apps

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes