Thanks Meter: 131

By GrindrGuyNYC, Senior Member on 22nd June 2018, 06:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th June 2018, 11:10 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindrGuyNYC

If you want to get "super technical" about it, this feature was introduced years ago in the original app but taken away around v3.0.

EDIT: Since I do not have Grindr Xtra, if someone would like to actually send me screenshots of what this feature looks like, I may be able to re-work it so that the module provides a similar feature that is not a direct replica of the paid feature.

Oh, wow - didn't know that! Here I thought @GrindrGuy was the genius behind it!

Don't have Xtra, but something to bring back that function making it different enough might be to have a little circle with counter in it: currently app gives you a yellow circle with the number of new messages. You could play with that idea: just a yellow dot if there are viewed messages, or include the number (?).

Along the same lines, I have a suggestion: In my area you often get a few users who don't upload a photo and you just see the generic black profile pic with no user name. Would there be any harm / Would it be possible to give those profiles a random name (user1123) so as to know which user is which?

I'm still used to swiping left/right to switch between profiles and inbox. It's annoying you actually have to tap on those now. Dunno if you can revert that behavior.

Say you're chatting with someone and you want to go back to "nearby" view. you have to go back and then tap on "nearby". It might be interesting to have that navigation bar with nearby/inbox/favs persistant throughout the app, with it autohiding and showing back up when you scroll down. This way there's an easy way to always go back to home, and we also always see if there's a new message notification.

Another suggestion I had way back when was to further customize this navbar: for example, I'd love to order it to have first favs, then nearby, then inbox, and being able to swipe between the views. At this point it might also be nice to have the option of having the navbar either on the (new) bottom or (old) top.

Sorry for the long post! Thanks for your efforts, and it's also fun to think about UI design like this!

28th June 2018, 02:28 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by willysmith

Oh, wow - didn't know that! Here I thought @GrindrGuy was the genius behind it!

Don't have Xtra, but something to bring back that function making it different enough might be to have a little circle with counter in it: currently app gives you a yellow circle with the number of new messages. You could play with that idea: just a yellow dot if there are viewed messages, or include the number (?).

That's actually how the GrindrMod feature used to work, by "hijacking" the unread messages count to always display the yellow border regardless of whether the messages were unread or not.

Quote:

Along the same lines, I have a suggestion: In my area you often get a few users who don't upload a photo and you just see the generic black profile pic with no user name. Would there be any harm / Would it be possible to give those profiles a random name (user1123) so as to know which user is which?

That's a really good idea.

Quote:

I'm still used to swiping left/right to switch between profiles and inbox. It's annoying you actually have to tap on those now. Dunno if you can revert that behavior.

Say you're chatting with someone and you want to go back to "nearby" view. you have to go back and then tap on "nearby". It might be interesting to have that navigation bar with nearby/inbox/favs persistant throughout the app, with it autohiding and showing back up when you scroll down. This way there's an easy way to always go back to home, and we also always see if there's a new message notification.

Another suggestion I had way back when was to further customize this navbar: for example, I'd love to order it to have first favs, then nearby, then inbox, and being able to swipe between the views. At this point it might also be nice to have the option of having the navbar either on the (new) bottom or (old) top.

I'd rather not alter the UI to that extent since there may be some underlying reason for them changing it in the first place (one person suggested that the toolbar was moved to the bottom in order to encourage accidental clicks on the banner ads).

Quote:

Sorry for the long post! Thanks for your efforts, and it's also fun to think about UI design like this!

No problem. Thanks for the suggestions!
30th June 2018, 01:49 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
From today Grindr crash after some seconds, but no problem without the module.
How can I send a log?

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A3003 utilizzando Tapatalk
1st July 2018, 03:55 AM |#14  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Take my money!

Looks like the app attachment was removed from this thread? I'm running 3.24.x or something just so Grindrmod will work. I'm being told when I open Grindr that I can only use that version for two more days until it is mandatory that I update to the latest version. At which point grindrmod will not work.

So, I'm looking forward to an update =_=
1st July 2018, 04:10 AM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoonikan

Take my money!

Looks like the app attachment was removed from this thread? I'm running 3.24.x or something just so Grindrmod will work. I'm being told when I open Grindr that I can only use that version for two more days until it is mandatory that I update to the latest version. At which point grindrmod will not work.

So, I'm looking forward to an update =_=

The NEW GrindrMod is available in the Xposed repository.
1st July 2018, 05:08 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

Donate to Me
More
LATEST VERSION:
GrindrMod 3.28.1.2

CHANGELOG:
  • Preserve block state with chat backup
1st July 2018, 05:57 AM |#17  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindrGuyNYC

The NEW GrindrMod is available in the Xposed repository.

Thanks! I didn't know it was a whole new app there. The links to it seem dead in the xda app with the xposed modules.
2nd July 2018, 06:56 PM |#18  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 21

More
@GrindrGuyNYC, is it possible to amend the photo viewer activity (when tapping on a profile picture) to always show the Android soft-keys? Every time I tap on a profile photo to open it, I have to swipe up to show the soft-keys to go back. Starts getting annoying really fast. Thanks.

PS. GrindrMod isn't listed on Xposed module library when I check in Xposed Installer (I use the one by DVDAndroid). I had to go to the repo online to download and install manually.
3rd July 2018, 06:14 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by badelie

@GrindrGuyNYC, is it possible to amend the photo viewer activity (when tapping on a profile picture) to always show the Android soft-keys? Every time I tap on a profile photo to open it, I have to swipe up to show the soft-keys to go back. Starts getting annoying really fast. Thanks.

PS. GrindrMod isn't listed on Xposed module library when I check in Xposed Installer (I use the one by DVDAndroid). I had to go to the repo online to download and install manually.

I see it just fine in the official Xposed Installer.
5th July 2018, 12:50 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
@GrindrGuyNYC I'm on oreo 8.1 with systemless xposed.
The module won't show in notification bar even if I choose show always.

Another bug (on nougat too, with "standard" xposed) is if I swipe or open a new profile module ask me to undo last refresh.
5th July 2018, 11:06 PM |#21  
Hey I just want to echo what the user above said about the icon not appearing in the statusbar on 8.1. No big deal to me, but I've noticed it.

The actual reason I wanted to post is in relation to backups, specifically the local backup.

I changed my ROM for a whole new one and did the usual Titanium backup, but I have forgotten/mislaid my encryption password for those backups of which Grindrmod was one. This isn't your issue, just background.

I had set Grindrmod to store chat history locally. When I updated I wiped data, but not the internal storage. From reading the instructions I see that backups sent to Drive are stored in the apps's data folder, which is wiped. Is this the same for local backups?

Also, I do not understand the instruction in the app to 'launch the module from within Grindr while it is running'. How do I do that?

It's a great mod, worked flawlessly for me while I used it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)