FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][XPOSED][GrindrMod](NEW!!)

153 posts
Thanks Meter: 131

By GrindrGuyNYC, Senior Member on 22nd June 2018, 06:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th July 2018, 11:06 PM |#21  
Hey I just want to echo what the user above said about the icon not appearing in the statusbar on 8.1. No big deal to me, but I've noticed it.

The actual reason I wanted to post is in relation to backups, specifically the local backup.

I changed my ROM for a whole new one and did the usual Titanium backup, but I have forgotten/mislaid my encryption password for those backups of which Grindrmod was one. This isn't your issue, just background.

I had set Grindrmod to store chat history locally. When I updated I wiped data, but not the internal storage. From reading the instructions I see that backups sent to Drive are stored in the apps's data folder, which is wiped. Is this the same for local backups?

Also, I do not understand the instruction in the app to 'launch the module from within Grindr while it is running'. How do I do that?

It's a great mod, worked flawlessly for me while I used it.

6th July 2018, 07:02 AM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grotesque02

@GrindrGuyNYC I'm on oreo 8.1 with systemless xposed.
The module won't show in notification bar even if I choose show always.

Another bug (on nougat too, with "standard" xposed) is if I swipe or open a new profile module ask me to undo last refresh.

I do not support Oreo.

This bug is unavoidable due to the way Grindr handles long tapping on the Cascade.
6th July 2018, 07:05 AM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r25txe

Hey I just want to echo what the user above said about the icon not appearing in the statusbar on 8.1. No big deal to me, but I've noticed it.

The actual reason I wanted to post is in relation to backups, specifically the local backup.

I changed my ROM for a whole new one and did the usual Titanium backup, but I have forgotten/mislaid my encryption password for those backups of which Grindrmod was one. This isn't your issue, just background.

I had set Grindrmod to store chat history locally. When I updated I wiped data, but not the internal storage. From reading the instructions I see that backups sent to Drive are stored in the apps's data folder, which is wiped. Is this the same for local backups?

Also, I do not understand the instruction in the app to 'launch the module from within Grindr while it is running'. How do I do that?

It's a great mod, worked flawlessly for me while I used it.

Local backups are stored in GrindrMod's userdata folder. If you wipe data for the module, backups are lost.

Backups stored to Drive are stored in GrindrMod's secret userdata folder, which is also wiped if you uninstall the app.
The Following User Says Thank You to GrindrGuyNYC For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GrindrGuyNYC Ad-Free
9th July 2018, 01:44 PM |#24  
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindrGuyNYC

Local backups are stored in GrindrMod's userdata folder. If you wipe data for the module, backups are lost.

Backups stored to Drive are stored in GrindrMod's secret userdata folder, which is also wiped if you uninstall the app.

Thanks

Just to clarify for anyone reading as I've since tested it, both the 'local' and 'Drive' backup are saved to the /data partition so neither will survive a wipe of that partition.

Did more extensive testing and apart from the status bar icon this mod is working fine with Android 8.1 for me even though GrindrGuyNYC is not officially supporting that veresion of Android.

Backups to local storage are completing with success, but I have not tested restore.

A request if I may: scheduled backups OR a remninder after X number of days to do a backup.
11th July 2018, 10:30 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r25txe

A request if I may: scheduled backups OR a remninder after X number of days to do a backup.

I have been pushing for this for a while, so glad others would also find this useful!

@GrindrGuyNYC everything is great here! The only annoyance I've found is when I click on a fresh face I get the "undo refresh?" dialogue others have been talking about, but even more annoying is that when I click on a received photo I either see "no photos - ask for one" or the previous pic in a series. Would you please be able to figure this one out?

As a side note: might be nice to include the profile pic as the first of the series of pics when swiping through them. Just a suggestion...

Kudos and thanks!!
11th July 2018, 10:31 PM |#26  
Quote:
Originally Posted by willysmith

I have been pushing for this for a while, so glad others would also find this useful!

@GrindrGuyNYC everything is great here! The only annoyance I've found is when I click on a fresh face I get the "undo refresh?" dialogue others have been talking about, but even more annoying is that when I click on a received photo I either see "no photos - ask for one" or the previous pic in a series. Would you please be able to figure this one out?

As a side note: might be nice to include the profile pic as the first of the series of pics when swiping through them. Just a suggestion...

Kudos and thanks!!

The photos issue, at least for me, is just a caching/download thing. Give it a little time and it has always sorted itself out for me.

It is probably related to a poor/dropping connection.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using XDA Labs
12th July 2018, 01:50 AM |#27  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by willysmith

Kudos and thanks!!

The "undo refresh" appears if you long-tap on either Fresh Faces or Cascade. If you are seeing this dialog, it means you are long tapping the fresh face. I understand it is annoying, but due to the fact that Grindr unimplemented the long-tap method, I was forced to use a "hackier" means to process the long-tap event.

Photos not showing up is a Grindr issue.
12th July 2018, 02:08 AM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

Donate to Me
More
LATEST VERSION:
GrindrMod 4.0.0.2

CHANGELOG:
  • Update for Grindr 4.0.0
  • Assign blank profiles a random User#
The Following User Says Thank You to GrindrGuyNYC For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GrindrGuyNYC Ad-Free
12th July 2018, 10:19 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
How can I stop Grindr from updating until a new compatible version of GrindrMOD is out? I tried to disconnect it from the Play Store via Titanium Backup but somehow it reconnects again by itself after a while.
12th July 2018, 01:40 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerlium

How can I stop Grindr from updating until a new compatible version of GrindrMOD is out? I tried to disconnect it from the Play Store via Titanium Backup but somehow it reconnects again by itself after a while.

Turn off auto-updates in Play Store settings.
13th July 2018, 12:55 AM |#31  
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindrGuyNYC

LATEST VERSION:
GrindrMod 4.0.0.2

CHANGELOG:

Update for Grindr 4.0.0
Assign blank profiles a random User#

This looks brilliant, I have a first few rows of blanks in my area.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)