FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][Xposed][4.4+] Tinted Translucent StatusBar (Beta 3.3)

264 posts
Thanks Meter: 599

Post Reply Email Thread
11th June 2014, 10:19 PM |#21  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 552

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woalk

As I said 2 posts before, it is a completely different implementation using - in my opinion - a better way to do it.
Viewed TSB's 1.8.9, and it's not nice - does some sort of hard code a gradient into the status bar. Nice for pre-KitKat, but not nice for KitKat users.
But feel free to use TSB if you like it.
Every module has its advantages.

Not that I dislike this module or anything, every module has its right to exist, I guess. But the current implementation of applying the colors/gradients in this module is absolutely awful - not only the app list is a complete mess that is not sorted in any possible way (by size, the package name, by app name, etc), but it also forces to manually set stuff for every activity SEPARATELY, while there should be a simple check box or a toggle to switch the coloring/gradient on or off, plain and simple

12th June 2014, 01:00 AM |#22  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 117

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal1ty_18_RUS

So this module is a ripoff from Tinted Status Bar?

The KitKat api used for this module is much smoother when adding the gradient than TSB. Its not a ripoff.

Sent from my Nexus 5
12th June 2014, 04:18 AM |#23  
Montreal
Thanks Meter: 3,730

Donate to Me
More
1. How is the app list ordered now? Any chance it could be made to alphabetical? Or even add a search function?

2. As of now, we have to select each app individually to make this work. I know there are settings to change, but is there any chance it could be made more automatic? Or even have a setting that opens a pop up for each activity (though that would be very annoying for the first day :P)

Great module btw!

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal1ty_18_RUS

Not that I dislike this module or anything, every module has its right to exist, I guess. But the current implementation of applying the colors/gradients in this module is absolutely awful - not only the app list is a complete mess that is not sorted in any possible way (by size, the package name, by app name, etc), but it also forces to manually set stuff for every activity SEPARATELY, while there should be a simple check box or a toggle to switch the coloring/gradient on or off, plain and simple

Things will change
12th June 2014, 05:22 AM |#24  
Flag Austin

More
For apps that have multiple colors for the same activity (i.e. Play store home screen and "My Apps" are the same activity with two different colors) is there a way to have multiple colors?

Sent from my Nexus 5
12th June 2014, 07:47 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 619

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woalk

Reverse tinting - tinting the ActionBar additionally to status bar?
Maybe, for system default ActionBar it will not be very complicated to add it, I think.
Would be useful, that's right.
But I don't want to start copying TSB line for line.
I'll think about it.

For you and to all saying that TSB's implementation is now there - as far as I can see it in the thread of TSB, even using their gradient implementation accesses the full status bar instead of using KitKat's API, which makes the "move layout option" of my module unnecessary, but I think it uses more power and it overwrites any system specific things (like that the HTC One doesn't use gradients but a bit darker color, and that the default transition effects are deactivated).
I won't view the full code on my smartphone, will look into it in a few hours, but I think that's the actual state now - TSB and TTSB are completely different working modules.

The thing about "reverse tinting" is that, when painting the status bar, it loses the damn 1 pixel line between the status bar and the action bar. That feature is on TSB because I kinda spammed the devs to add it lol. That damn line that appears on settings/whatsapp/etc sux big time.
12th June 2014, 08:55 PM |#26  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Update available, have a nice day with it.
Update to Beta 1.1 now available on Xposed repository!

Changes made:
Added option to tint the navigation bar.
Info: KitKat API doesn't support Translucent in landscape mode.

Apps and Activities are now sorted in alphabetical order.
It was urgently needed and here it is - now searching an app and Activity doesn't take hours of time.

There is now an option “...[ALL]” in every app's Activity list.
With this you can select to tint every Activity of this app like this setting.
Every Activity you add additionally will be an exception of that rule.

You can download it from Xposed repo (link in first post).

TODO for the next release(s):

Next release:
  • Add ability to exclude an Activity from being tinted by the “.[ALL]” option
  • Add ability to overwrite an Activity's own Translucent mode.
  • Add ability to react on Action Bar color changes while browsing somewhere (like Play Store).
After that (don't know which release it will be):
  • Improve performance!
  • Make UI even better and easier.
  • Add color picker.
  • Add tinting of the ActionBar (“reverse tinting”).
  • Maybe add tinting of status bar icons on very light backgrounds, but this will take some more time than other things.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Woalk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Woalk Ad-Free
12th June 2014, 11:32 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 35

Donate to Me
More
OMG this is what I've been looking for ages, great job!

The one thing Tinted Statusbar module bothering me is the statusbar color will not change when there's a popup window which makes it unacceptable(IMO) ugly.

This Module is far from perfect, but I see a very good start. Keep on going :D

However, a lot of my apps crashes with this module, like Hangouts, it will force close on start, in logcat saying:

06-13 06:29:12.646 E/AndroidRuntime(17148): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.google.android.talk/com.google.android.apps.babel.phone.BabelHomeActiv ity}: android.util.AndroidRuntimeException: requestFeature() must be called before adding content

Another bug with playstore in attachment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-13-06-19-36.png
Views:	830
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	2794917  
12th June 2014, 11:45 PM |#28  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 424

Donate to Me
More
this module is becoming sickk. haha mann thnks!!
The Following User Says Thank You to zamzameir For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zamzameir Ad-Free
13th June 2014, 12:36 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 116

More
I been getting fc

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
13th June 2014, 06:07 AM |#30  
Flag Austin

More
This module is amazing. Nav bars look great!

Sent from my Nexus 5
13th June 2014, 06:24 AM |#31  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarNyan

The one thing Tinted Statusbar module bothering me is the statusbar color will not change when there's a popup window which makes it unacceptable(IMO) ugly.

I don't think there are guidelines for that, but even HTC itself using this kind of tinting for their status bars lets fade out the color with an app on a popup.
But I can try to add an option for that.

Quote:

This Module is far from perfect, but I see a very good start. Keep on going

I'm happy you like it - yes, there's a lot to do, but that's why it's in Beta.

Quote:

However, a lot of my apps crashes with this module, like Hangouts, it will force close on start, in logcat saying:

06-13 06:29:12.646 E/AndroidRuntime(17148): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.google.android.talk/com.google.android.apps.babel.phone.BabelHomeActiv ity}: android.util.AndroidRuntimeException: requestFeature() must be called before adding content

Another bug with playstore in attachment.

I'll look into Hangouts and investigate that bug.
The bug with trying to "tint" popups is known, I thought it would be erased with selecting to tint Activities, but ok, thank you, will also look into that.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Woalk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Woalk Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)