[Mod][Xposed]Twitter Token Patcher : no more 100k limit

814 posts
Thanks Meter: 313

By mcbyte_it, Senior Member on 11th January 2014, 01:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Twitter Token Patcher v0.3
No more limits for the Twitter clients

Introduction
With this Xposed mod, the twitter clients will no longer suffer from the 100k limit of authorized users, so that this:
Click image for larger version

Name:	carbon-before.png
Views:	3527
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	2508615

Becomes this:

Name:	carbon-after.png
Views:	3499
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	2508616

Details
To use this Xposed mod, you need to create your own twitter tokens on the Twitter Dev Apps section (Update: fill also the callback url with any url, just don't leave it empty), and get your own Consumer Key and Secret, then insert them into the Xposed mod settings, and the Twitter client will work again.

Name:	twitter_app.png
Views:	2844
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	2508618Click image for larger version

Name:	twitter_patcher_app.png
Views:	2498
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	2508617

I did this for mainly for Carbon, after reading that the developer is not going to make it accept custom keys, and I had some free time, so I did it. I mainly use Falcon Pro, but wanted to give Carbon v2.0 a try.

Supported Twitter clients:
  • Carbon (by dots and lines)
  • Janetter (Jane, Inc.)
  • Others will come soon, hopefully with YOUR support.

Unsupported Twitter Clients (that supports custom Tokens internally):
  • Falcon Pro (Follow this guide)
  • Tweedle (select Advanced login)

Download
I attached the apk of the Xposed mod.
You can also find this on the Xposed Repo

Installation
To make it run, you need to:
1- Install the attached APK
2- Enable the Xposed module in Xposed Framework
3- Insert your own Consumer key and secret in the settings of this xposed module
4- Enable the desired Twitter clients
5- Reboot your device.

Source code
You can find the source code for this mod on GitHub, feel free to add support for more clients, and I will include it in later versions.

Change log
v0.1 (2014-01-11)
- First release, supports only Carbon

v0.2 (2014-01-15)
- Gingerbread compatibility (to test)
- New APK signing certificate, to release MOD to xposed repo (to update from v0.1, you have to uninstall/reinstall).

v0.3 (2014-01-16)
- Added support for Janetter
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mcbyte_it For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mcbyte_it Ad-Free

11th January 2014, 01:10 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Requesting support for new clients is welcome, preferably free ones (I don't want to buy every single twitter app), and the app should not be offering native support for custom tokens, such as Falcon Pro or Tweedle (and others), because users who can install and use Xposed framework, can also go into the settings of the app to add the custom tokens.
The Following User Says Thank You to mcbyte_it For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mcbyte_it Ad-Free
11th January 2014, 01:24 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 945

More
Awesome work ! Thanks joenrv will be happy with Falcon !
15th January 2014, 02:51 AM |#4  
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 73

More
is this suppport with gingerbread?
15th January 2014, 08:17 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarkane87

is this suppport with gingerbread?

There is a port of Xposed Framework for GB, but I don't have a GB device at the moment, so I can't test, give it a try and let me know
The Following User Says Thank You to mcbyte_it For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mcbyte_it Ad-Free
15th January 2014, 08:53 AM |#6  
Flag Bandung

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbyte_it

There is a port of Xposed Framework for GB, but I don't have a GB device at the moment, so I can't test, give it a try and let me know

sadly, it's not working (parse error). Becuz when i'm look the source code, min sdk version is 14.
15th January 2014, 09:38 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

sadly, it's not working (parse error). Becuz when i'm look the source code, min sdk version is 14.

I made a new version with minsdk set to 9 (Gingerbread 2.3), try and let me know if it works.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcbyte_it For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mcbyte_it Ad-Free
15th January 2014, 12:07 PM |#8  
Flag Bandung

More
Quote:

I made a new version with minsdk set to 9 (Gingerbread 2.3), try and let me know if it works.

Thanks man, for backporting to gingerbread, and it's worked! Appreciated so much The thing is.. can you add tweedle to twitter client provider? becuz tweedle has limitation too.. and as we know it, carbon and falcon is for android 4.0 and up, right?

Edit: 3 client provider ( carbon, falcon, placeholder) only carbon is able to check where the others two isn't. Before unchecked carbon, I can't use tweedle. But when carbon is checked now tweedle is worked.
Sent from my XT530
15th January 2014, 05:31 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Thanks man, for backporting to gingerbread, and it's worked! Appreciated so much The thing is.. can you add tweedle to twitter client provider? becuz tweedle has limitation too.. and as we know it, carbon and falcon is for android 4.0 and up, right?

Edit: 3 client provider ( carbon, falcon, placeholder) only carbon is able to check where the others two isn't. Before unchecked carbon, I can't use tweedle. But when carbon is checked now tweedle is worked.
Sent from my XT530

Tweedle allows easy change of the Twitter token, just select Advanced Login and insert the personal tokens. My scope is for apps that doesn't provide this solutions.

The app settings screen is a demo, so that other devs can take the sources and add more clients, that's why there is a placeholder. Falcon is giving me some errors, so it is not supported/selectable yet.

what other clients are suffering from the tokens issue?
16th January 2014, 02:02 AM |#10  
Flag Bandung

More
Quote:

Tweedle allows easy change of the Twitter token, just select Advanced Login and insert the personal tokens. My scope is for apps that doesn't provide this solutions.

The app settings screen is a demo, so that other devs can take the sources and add more clients, that's why there is a placeholder. Falcon is giving me some errors, so it is not supported/selectable yet.

what other clients are suffering from the tokens issue?

ah.. I see, and I didn't update the tweedle yesterday, so latest version has 2 option login, sorry for my bad

maybe you can check janetter, it has token limitation policy.
16th January 2014, 08:56 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

ah.. I see, and I didn't update the tweedle yesterday, so latest version has 2 option login, sorry for my bad

maybe you can check janetter, it has token limitation policy.

Just released v0.3, which adds support for Janetter, give it a try and let me know if it works with Gingerbread.

I also published this mod to Xposed Repo.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
token, twitter, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)