OP Senior Member
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 224

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeMe

Of course! Bitte schoen - Dropbox

Hmm, didn't contain anything helpful to me either... For a start, please post a screenshot of the pop up And maybe you could search for the sources of your rom, Huawei is obliged to release them somewhere.

12th July 2013, 07:23 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
I've attached a screenshot. As for the source code to my ROM, I'm afraid the closest we've got right now is the kernel source. And even that's ported from a different model of the phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-07-12-19-48-43.jpg
Views:	1531
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	2111630  
13th July 2013, 10:43 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Frankfurt

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I've attached a screenshot. As for the source code to my ROM, I'm afraid the closest we've got right now is the kernel source. And even that's ported from a different model of the phone.

The kernel sources wouldn't help... Is it actually just showing the toast but you can increase the volume nevertheless? I couldn't find something useful in the framework-res.apk either, please send me your framework.apk
14th July 2013, 06:01 AM |#14  

More
Yes, the toast doesn't restrict the volume level. However, occasionally (or should I say randomly), a modal message box gets displayed instead. When it does, the volume level cannot be modified until it's dismissed. And I also recall receiving the message as a notification once.

Where would I find the framework APK? It doesn't seem to be present in the framework directory. Nor does it show up during a search (there was a JAR file of the same name though). Or are you talking about the GoogleServicesFramework APK?

PS: I just noticed that there's a second frameworkres APK, this one a custom Huawei extension. It's named framework-res-hwext.apk. Would you like to take a look at this as well?
25th July 2013, 05:02 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Frankfurt

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yes, the toast doesn't restrict the volume level. However, occasionally (or should I say randomly), a modal message box gets displayed instead. When it does, the volume level cannot be modified until it's dismissed. And I also recall receiving the message as a notification once.

Where would I find the framework APK? It doesn't seem to be present in the framework directory. Nor does it show up during a search (there was a JAR file of the same name though). Or are you talking about the GoogleServicesFramework APK?

PS: I just noticed that there's a second frameworkres APK, this one a custom Huawei extension. It's named framework-res-hwext.apk. Would you like to take a look at this as well?

The framework-res-hwext.apk file could be helpful. Also, please run the command
Code:
ls -R /system > /sdcard/ls-R_system
in a shell on your phone (either adb shell or any terminal emulator from the play store)
and post the resulting file ls-R_system.
Cheers!
27th July 2013, 12:14 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Although I don't have a Huawei device, there is a similar problem that the samsung galaxy family devices have with the unsafe volume pop-up. From poking around in the adb log on my samsung device, after triggering the message.

Code:
D/PopupuiReceiver(3524):  onReceive() getAction : android.intent.action.EAR_PROTECT_TOAST
D/STATUSBAR-NotificationService(673):  enqueueToast()
from the log I then decompiled the apk "PopuiReceiver" trying to find the string id "EAR_PROTECT_TOAST"

under the decompiled apks "public.xml" ideally look for it under the folder "values"
Code:
<public type="string" name="ear_protect_toast" id="0x7f050007" />
and under the decompiled apks "strings.xml"
Code:
<string name="ear_protect_toast">To lower your risk of hearing damage, do not listen at high volumes for long periods</string>
By being able to remove the string id "ear_protect_toast", when the function is called, the pop-up message is never triggered because there is no coding link to it (ie a dead-end).

Using the advice that stammler is mentioning, use an adb logging tool, ideally with your device connected to the computer. After that forcefully trigger the popup on device (helps to do this a handful of times so the lines of code in the adb log stands out). From the adb log, you should be able to determine what installed app (or line(s) of code) is triggering the popup message.

Hope this helps in removing the nanny message
Joe
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cybhunter For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cybhunter Ad-Free
30th July 2013, 01:08 PM |#17  

More
@cybhunter, thanks for the detailed instructions. But I did some more digging and was able to find a build.prop setting to turn off the toast on my device.

@stammler, thanks for taking the time to help me out - Much appreciated
The Following User Says Thank You to shadeMe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shadeMe Ad-Free
30th July 2013, 06:47 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 1,333

More
Quote:

@cybhunter, thanks for the detailed instructions. But I did some more digging and was able to find a build.prop setting to turn off the toast on my device.

@stammler, thanks for taking the time to help me out - Much appreciated

How about sharing that setting, please.
30th July 2013, 07:07 PM |#19  

More
Of course, my apologies. It's ro.config.hw.security_volume, takes an integer value. Was set to 11 on my device. Although I think it might be Huawei/region specific, for I found the message string in Huawei's framework-res extension APK.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shadeMe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shadeMe Ad-Free
8th August 2013, 02:47 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
It makes my device reboots randomly

Xperia z using romaur v8.0 (4.2.2)

Sent from my C6603 using xda premium
8th August 2013, 03:38 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Frankfurt

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimshouki

It makes my device reboots randomly

that should not be caused by the mod. the mod is loaded only once during boot to change a system parameter and is not loaded/used/opened thereafter. maybe the xposed framework itself causes trouble?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
media, volume, xposed, xposed module

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)