The main goal of this Xposed module is to change the number of volume steps on your device. When listening to music, 15 steps just wasn't precise enough for me. There is an Xposed Module for this, but it isn't supported anymore, and not open source. This made me create this module, VolumeSteps+ aims to be an open source, user-friendly and configurable module to adjust the number of volume steps. It is able to adjust the number of volumesteps for multiple streams and more.
- Change the number of volume steps for the alarm, music, notification, ringer, system and in-call streams.
- Ability to change it to somewhere between 5 and 50 steps.
- Automatically changes the safe headset volume warning to comply with the new number of music steps.
- Completely disable the safe headset volume warning.
- Use the music volume as default for the Volume Panel when pressing the volume buttons.
- More to come, request it!
This module is compatible with ICS (4.0) up to Marshmallow (6.0). It's not working correctly on most Samsung, some HTC and LG (Marshmallow) Stock roms, because they heavily changed the audio implementation. There's nothing I can do about it and support can't be added unfortunately, read my official statement. For LG devices running stock KitKat roms, there's a compatibility mode option in the settings you need to enable. It probably is compatible with Gingerbread, but is untested and unsupported. Xposed Framework needs to be installed.
Download from the Xposed Module Repository
Source code can be found on GitHub and is published under the GNU GPL v3 license.
Having any problems?
- Make sure you've rebooted your phone after making changes.
- Make sure the module is enabled in Xposed Installer and you rebooted afterwards.
- Make sure you're using the most recent version.
How to report problems?
- First look in the next paragraph for known bugs.
- Enable debugging in VolumeSteps+ settings and reboot.
- Send me your Xposed Log (found in Xposed Installer). It might give me a clue about what's going on.
- Mention your manufacturer, phone type, the rom you're using, which version of the rom, which Android version and what doesn't work. Your rom might be imcompatible because of adjustments made by its manufacturer.
Are there any known bugs?
- No bugs known!
- It's not working correctly on most Samsung, some HTC and LG (Marshmallow) Stock roms, because they heavily changed the audio implementation. There's nothing I can do about it and support can't be added unfortunately, read my official statement.
Any comments, requests or questions?
- I'm open to feedback, just say it!
- If you want a feature to be added and asked it nicely, I will consider it.
- If you have any questions or comments, name it this thread.
Please report back if you have any issues or feature requests. I'll be glad to help and to improve VolumeSteps+ more.
Before you ask a question, report a problem of say it's not working, please read the entire OP.
Even though everything I release is carefully tested, I can't guarantee nothing will ever go wrong. Use at your own risk!
If you're enjoying this module, donations are highly appreciated.
VolumeSteps+, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)
Source Code: https://github.com/P1nGu1n/VolumeSteps
Xposed Package Name: com.p1ngu1n.volumesteps
Current Stable Version: v1.3.1
Stable Release Date: 2016-04-11
Last Updated 2016-04-11