FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][XPOSED] X Messenger Privacy - Enable essential privacy features in Messenger

566 posts
Thanks Meter: 572

By jiannist, Senior Member on 30th August 2016, 09:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Features
  • Block "typing" (3 dots) indication
  • Hide like (thumbs up) button in conversations to prevent accidental presses
  • Hide like (thumbs up) button in expanded notifications
  • Hide "Invite to Messenger" banner & button in conversations with people not using Messenger
  • Hide "Wave" button in "Active" tab to prevent accidental presses
  • Block message "seen" indication from appearing to others (premium version)
  • Click twice on a message in a thread, to manually mark it seen (premium version)
  • Hide your chat status completely (also hide online minutes) (premium version)
  • Facebook app stealth mode: Hide online status when using Facebook app (for Android prior to 5.0, use a Facebook app version <100 or >=103) (premium version)
  • See who's online, while appearing offline by using the two above features (premium version)
  • Hide audio & video call buttons in conversations, to prevent accidental presses (premium version)
  • Hide call status, by completely disabling VoIP (premium version)

Features video

Usage
  1. Install X Messenger Privacy Premium
  2. Enable X Messenger Privacy Premium in Xposed installer (a notification should come up after installation)
  3. Reboot your device
  4. Open X Messenger Privacy Premium and check the features you want
  5. Kill (force close) Messenger app and/or Facebook app for changes to take effect
  6. Enjoy Messenger privacy features

Download
Download from the Xposed Module Repository:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.j...ssengerprivacy

Premium version
You can download the premium version here:
Get it on Google Play

FAQ

Q: How do I mark a message as seen?
A: Open the conversation you want to mark as seen, then click two times on any previous message (first click shows message details, second closes them)

Q: How do I mark an image/GIF as seen?
A: Click two times on any message before the image/GIF. This will mark the conversation as seen.

Q: Some or all features of the module are not working. What is wrong?
A: If you are using a beta version of Messenger, some features may not work. That is also the case, if you are using an older (more than 2 weeks) version of Messenger.
If you are using a current non-beta version of Messenger, and a feature does not work, make sure you have the latest version of X Messenger Privacy. Then, disable, and re-enable the feature. It should fix it.

Q: I enabled the "Hide online status" feature, yet I am still seen online
A: For the online status hide feature to work, you must not open any other Facebook window or app on any other device, and have the "Facebook app stealth mode" active.
Also, if you are talking to a person, you will appear as active to him, but not to others.
Marking messages of a person as seen also marks you as active to him.

Q: I enabled the "Block typing notifications" feature. Now I can't even see when others are typing.
A: It is not the "Block typing notifications" feature that disables other's typing notifications. The "Hide online status" makes you invisible in Messenger, so it doesn't send you other's typing notifications. If you want typing notifications from others, you have to disable the "Hide online status" feature.

Q: I enabled the "Hide audio/video call buttons" feature. Am I still able to make voice/video calls?
A: Yes. In a conversation view, click the "information" button on the top right corner. From there, you are able to make voice/video calls.
The Following 61 Users Say Thank You to jiannist For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jiannist Ad-Free

30th August 2016, 09:19 PM |#2  
Flag Ovar
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Doesn't work! It says that Xposed isn't enabled.
I'm running CM13 nightlies on Zenfone 2 ZE551ML
30th August 2016, 09:21 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroCaseiro

Doesn't work! It says that Xposed isn't enabled.
I'm running CM13 nightlies on Zenfone 2 ZE551ML

Please reinstall from xposed module repository. There was a typo on the previous version. Sorry for that.
30th August 2016, 09:48 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 400

More
Is this a facebook messenger module???i am searching such a mod 3 years now!!!

Στάλθηκε από το XT1643 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
30th August 2016, 09:59 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kos25k

Is this a facebook messenger module???i am searching such a mod 3 years now!!!

Yes it is!
30th August 2016, 10:07 PM |#6  

More
Thanks god and dev!!!!!!!! I test it now on moto x play and online status (active now) is still there..i bought premium version..

The Following User Says Thank You to kos25k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kos25k Ad-Free
30th August 2016, 10:21 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks god and dev!!!!!!!! I test it now on moto x play and online status (active now) is still there..i bought premium version..

You should close facebook/messenger on any other device/PC. If you have facebook or messenger open on another PC/device, the other device will report online status/minutes.
30th August 2016, 10:27 PM |#8  
Flag Tripoli
Thanks Meter: 156

More
amazing module
but all the important features are in premium
but it worth the money
30th August 2016, 10:30 PM |#9  

More
I have facebook and messenger on my tablet but is home and wifi turned off.3 dots typings was working in first test but now neither it works.also does this work if we have facebook also open?i also frozen facebook through link2sd app and active timestamp is still there 😑

30th August 2016, 10:40 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I have facebook and messenger on my tablet but is home and wifi turned off.3 dots typings was working in first test but now neither it works.also does this work if we have facebook also open?i also frozen facebook through link2sd app and active timestamp is still there

Unfortunately, Facebook app can cause an online timestamp, if it is running. Typing notification block should work everytime. Have you force closed messenger, after enabling the feature in the module?
30th August 2016, 10:42 PM |#11  

More
Maybe a feature update can add this feature?yes i tryied both killing with holding back button and force close through app settings button.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)