- Block "typing" (3 dots) indication
- Hide like (thumbs up) button in conversations to prevent accidental presses
- Hide like (thumbs up) button in expanded notifications
- Hide "Invite to Messenger" banner & button in conversations with people not using Messenger
- Hide "Wave" button in "Active" tab to prevent accidental presses
- Block message "seen" indication from appearing to others (premium version)
- Click twice on a message in a thread, to manually mark it seen (premium version)
- Hide your chat status completely (also hide online minutes) (premium version)
- Facebook app stealth mode: Hide online status when using Facebook app (for Android prior to 5.0, use a Facebook app version <100 or >=103) (premium version)
- See who's online, while appearing offline by using the two above features (premium version)
- Hide audio & video call buttons in conversations, to prevent accidental presses (premium version)
- Hide call status, by completely disabling VoIP (premium version)
- Install X Messenger Privacy Premium
- Enable X Messenger Privacy Premium in Xposed installer (a notification should come up after installation)
- Reboot your device
- Open X Messenger Privacy Premium and check the features you want
- Kill (force close) Messenger app and/or Facebook app for changes to take effect
- Enjoy Messenger privacy features
Download from the Xposed Module Repository:
You can download the premium version here:
Q: How do I mark a message as seen?
A: Open the conversation you want to mark as seen, then click two times on any previous message (first click shows message details, second closes them)
Q: How do I mark an image/GIF as seen?
A: Click two times on any message before the image/GIF. This will mark the conversation as seen.
Q: Some or all features of the module are not working. What is wrong?
A: If you are using a beta version of Messenger, some features may not work. That is also the case, if you are using an older (more than 2 weeks) version of Messenger.
If you are using a current non-beta version of Messenger, and a feature does not work, make sure you have the latest version of X Messenger Privacy. Then, disable, and re-enable the feature. It should fix it.
Q: I enabled the "Hide online status" feature, yet I am still seen online
A: For the online status hide feature to work, you must not open any other Facebook window or app on any other device, and have the "Facebook app stealth mode" active.
Also, if you are talking to a person, you will appear as active to him, but not to others.
Marking messages of a person as seen also marks you as active to him.
Q: I enabled the "Block typing notifications" feature. Now I can't even see when others are typing.
A: It is not the "Block typing notifications" feature that disables other's typing notifications. The "Hide online status" makes you invisible in Messenger, so it doesn't send you other's typing notifications. If you want typing notifications from others, you have to disable the "Hide online status" feature.
Q: I enabled the "Hide audio/video call buttons" feature. Am I still able to make voice/video calls?
A: Yes. In a conversation view, click the "information" button on the top right corner. From there, you are able to make voice/video calls.