FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Which feature do you need the most for this Mod ?

Widget to turn ON/OFF the module

4 Vote(s)
15.38%
Quick Settings Tile

16 Vote(s)
61.54%
Tasker support

4 Vote(s)
15.38%
Others (comment)

2 Vote(s)
7.69%

[MOD][XPOSED]X Screen Stabilizer[23/10/2017][V1.5]

1,430 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,738

Post Reply Email Thread
X Screen Stabilizer

ROOT REQUIRED
XPOSED FRAMEWORK REQUIRED

If You don't know What is XPOSED Framework then do not try this application (it wont work)

Have you tried to read a book or an article like this while on a bus or walking down the street? I bet you tried! In this case you should notice that reading text in a such way is not a good idea since the screen constantly shakes. It seems that screen shaking is a big enough issue and eliminating it can promise a good UX. This application uses the device accelerometer sensors to compensate for and smooth out screen content shaking in the same way as DSLR camera stabilizes its sensors/lenses

It uses the concept defined in the below link

no-shake-screen-stabilization-android

but uses a different approach using Xposed Framework

Free : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...reenstabilizer

Pro : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...stabilizer.pro

Xposed repository : http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.v...reenstabilizer

Parameter Details
  1. Velocity Friction : It is used to adjust the friction of the movement of the screen when walking. If the value is greater, the screen translation will be slower.
  2. Position Friction : It is used to adjust the speed at which the screen tries to adjust to the normal position.If the value is greater, it takes more time to adjust to normal position
  3. Low pass filter alpha : It is used to filter the acceleration force values from the sensor for the smooth positioning of the screen
  4. Velocity Amplification : It is used to amplify the calculated velocity and use it to translate the screen

please try it out and provide your valuable comments
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MainScreen.png
Views:	1556
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	4300546   Click image for larger version

Name:	MainScreen2.png
Views:	1508
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	4300547   Click image for larger version

Name:	AppScreen.png
Views:	1472
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	4300548   Click image for larger version

Name:	Module.png
Views:	1376
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	4300549   Click image for larger version

Name:	Icons.jpg
Views:	1416
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	4300551   Click image for larger version

Name:	Widget.png
Views:	976
Size:	250.7 KB
ID:	4302408   Click image for larger version

Name:	QuickTile.png
Views:	962
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	4302409  
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to vivekkalady For This Useful Post: [ View ]

11th October 2017, 06:46 AM |#2  
Flag ─░stanbul
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Oww Great ! Thank You Bro
The Following User Says Thank You to UtkuAblak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift UtkuAblak Ad-Free
11th October 2017, 08:11 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
after setting the velocity friction to 0 something it doesn't allow you to slide the switch, also how much would this increase battery drain?
The Following User Says Thank You to MINTED7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MINTED7 Ad-Free
11th October 2017, 09:18 AM |#4  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Trivandrum

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINTED7

after setting the velocity friction to 0 something it doesn't allow you to slide the switch, also how much would this increase battery drain?

I dont think there will be much battery drain. it registers and unregister properly
11th October 2017, 11:01 AM |#5  
Flag Medan, North Sumatera
Thanks Meter: 16

More
@vivekkalady brilliant module, bought it right away
Working nicely on magisk Xposed v88 SDK 25
The Following User Says Thank You to pinoholo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pinoholo Ad-Free
11th October 2017, 12:04 PM |#6  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Trivandrum

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoholo

@vivekkalady brilliant module, bought it right away
Working nicely on magisk Xposed v88 SDK 25

Thanks for the support
The Following User Says Thank You to vivekkalady For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th October 2017, 12:13 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
It prevents you from copying and pasting if you are moving. the cursor keeps blinking.
The Following User Says Thank You to MINTED7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MINTED7 Ad-Free
11th October 2017, 01:35 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Hi, nice idea for a module!

What differentiates the pro version? Ad removal / extra features, or just dev support?

Can you offer any extra information on exactly what each of the tweakable parameters do?
The Following User Says Thank You to richardkemp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift richardkemp Ad-Free
11th October 2017, 02:00 PM |#9  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Trivandrum

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINTED7

It prevents you from copying and pasting if you are moving. the cursor keeps blinking.

I have fixed the issue. will update the app soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardkemp

Hi, nice idea for a module!

What differentiates the pro version? Ad removal / extra features, or just dev support?

Can you offer any extra information on exactly what each of the tweakable parameters do?

Thanks.
Now the pro version is just Ad Free.
The extra parameters are used to adjust the movement according to your walking speed.
11th October 2017, 02:48 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I don' t know if I did something wrong, but it didn't worked for me. The device has AOSP 5.1 and I'm also using GravityBox and Android N'ify.
Attached Files
File Type: txt screenstabilizer.txt - [Click for QR Code] (41.1 KB, 42 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to LoukG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LoukG Ad-Free
11th October 2017, 03:19 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 535

More
Very fun idea. You may want to hardcode some safe minimum and maximums on each setting and give it some sort of tendency to return to normal once movement subsides.

I lowered the velocity friction to zero and moved my phone around. The screen went off screen enough, I guess, that it couldn't return to center and the button to disable the module was not responding.

Also, maybe add a whitelist so you can pick to only have it activate while certain apps are in the foreground (browser, e-book readers). While it's neat for testing, having it constantly adjusting your screen when using your phone can be awkward.

Bravo for doing something new and creative!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jawz101 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jawz101 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
stabilize, vivekkalady, xposed, xscreenstabilizer

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)