FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOd][Xposed]Xdual Statusclock

23 posts
Thanks Meter: 35

By Jukka666, Junior Member on 22nd November 2013, 02:09 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Now with "working" Lollipop!!!

This mode shows a second clock of a chosen timezone in your status bar. So if you are far from home or always need to know the hour on the other side of the world, you can use this mod. I made this being on an exchange semester and wanting to easily see the time at home.

It only has very basic functionality but I wanted to share it anyways. I am thinking about adding more features like custom layout for the clock, custom offset....
Currently I do not have much spare time to work an the mod but I will try my best to keep up. So if you find any bugs or glitches, please let me know.

Screenshot
See attachement

Download and install
Of course you need to have installed the XPosed framework to have this mod working. You can find the mod in the Xposed Repo or attached to this post.

Changelog:
26.July 2015 - Added support for Lollipop 5.0
26.Nov 2013 - Added support for 12-hour format
24.Nov 2013 - Added manual DST support and choosable divider between the clocks
21.Nov 2013 - Initial release
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-21-21-16-34.png
Views:	11806
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	2407650  
Attached Files
File Type: apk XDualStatusclock.apk - [Click for QR Code] (227.2 KB, 1006 views)
File Type: apk XDualStatusclock1.1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (228.9 KB, 277 views)
File Type: apk XDualStatusclock3.apk - [Click for QR Code] (229.5 KB, 1125 views)
File Type: apk xDualStatusClock4.apk - [Click for QR Code] (230.3 KB, 11724 views)
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Jukka666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jukka666 Ad-Free

22nd November 2013, 02:14 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Any screenshot ?

Wysłane z mojego LT26i przy użyciu Tapatalka
22nd November 2013, 02:22 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Panama City

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold_Phenix

Any screenshot ?

Wysłane z mojego LT26i przy użyciu Tapatalka

Added in first post.
22nd November 2013, 05:25 AM |#4  
Flag Quezon City
Thanks Meter: 466

More
Nice. I'll try it. Thanks!
22nd November 2013, 09:37 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 355

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukka666

goodies

@Jukka666

what about adding a countdown or rather time left to the next Alarm ? Would that be possible?

If not using the Android alarm clock which would be the best as far as Wake Locks go. Maybe something custom?
Adding really some timers (maybe how much work left)

I have bought 3 or 4 Alarm clocks and none has that functionality. Only in Notification Panel.
Having this in the Status Bar right next to the clock would be AWESOME.

(Stopwatch is maybe farfetched, and timer maybe not needed) I hope you understand what I mean.
Something like

oCurrent time is 14:14
Next Alarm is at 20:00

In status bar would be 14:14/>06:46
Maybe some icon showing the Alarm etc . Or maybe really just something simple and static. 14:14/20:00

These are just a suggestions NOT REQUEST's. (Sorry for the caps, but many wannabe Moderators/Recognized..."some nasty" words, are allergic to any suggestion and start crying about some new idea)
Thanks for the mod !
22nd November 2013, 02:35 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 11,623

More
Awesome
22nd November 2013, 05:12 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Panama City

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGOT

what about adding a countdown or rather time left to the next Alarm ? Would that be possible?

If not using the Android alarm clock which would be the best as far as Wake Locks go. Maybe something custom?
Adding really some timers (maybe how much work left)

I have bought 3 or 4 Alarm clocks and none has that functionality. Only in Notification Panel.
Having this in the Status Bar right next to the clock would be AWESOME.

(Stopwatch is maybe farfetched, and timer maybe not needed) I hope you understand what I mean.
Something like

oCurrent time is 14:14
Next Alarm is at 20:00

In status bar would be 14:14/>06:46
Maybe some icon showing the Alarm etc . Or maybe really just something simple and static. 14:14/20:00

These are just a suggestions NOT REQUEST's. (Sorry for the caps, but many wannabe Moderators/Recognized..."some nasty" words, are allergic to any suggestion and start crying about some new idea)
Thanks for the mod !

That is an interesting idea, worth thinking about.
What comes up my mind: Just plain text counting down to your next calendar event (or your custom set time of the day when you finish work) in form of "current time"|"time left" 12:08|00:52. I am not really into building Android apps, thats the first step I took, so im only guessing that this could use a serious amount of system power, since the status bar is refreshed quiet often... but when I find some time, I will look into it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jukka666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jukka666 Ad-Free
22nd November 2013, 05:30 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 355

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

That is an interesting idea, worth thinking about.
What comes up my mind: Just plain text counting down to your next calendar event (or your custom set time of the day when you finish work) in form of "current time"|"time left" 12:08|00:52. I am not really into building Android apps, thats the first step I took, so im only guessing that this could use a serious amount of system power, since the status bar is refreshed quiet often... but when I find some time, I will look into it.

That's already more that I hoped for . Thanks even for considering.

Maybe the static time to the next event, not a countdown or timer. Just that you can set a static time. Or it will display as you said the time of the next Alarm/Event. Really doesn't have to be a countdown.
Thinking that might be less of a strain for PC and maybe you. As said just suggestions . Maybe this even exists somewhere.

But seriously I would love more to see the time of my next alarm more as the stupid Alarm Clock Icon .
Again thanks and I do not mind if this leads nowhere, if it does even better.
24th November 2013, 10:11 AM |#9  
Flag The Bronx, NY
Thanks Meter: 2,606

Donate to Me
More
Yes please add center clock and date like in slim based Roms and make it modified for all kitkat based roms please
24th November 2013, 05:08 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member
Flag Panama City

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggs82

Yes please add center clock and date like in slim based Roms and make it modified for all kitkat based roms please

For center clock, you should try XBlast tools, as I am not doing an all-in-one module.
I will look into the date-thing, this could be easy to implement. Also the mod should work on kitkat if you got your xposed working.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jukka666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jukka666 Ad-Free
25th November 2013, 06:23 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Flag Panama City

More
Quote:

Changelog:
24.Nov 2013 - Added manual DST support and choosable divider between the clocks
21.Nov 2013 - Initial release

Updated to 1.1. Update should be awailable in the xposed installer.
If you check the DST option, the second clock will show an hour later. Thats if the other place you want to show uses Daylight Saving Time.
Also you can now choose different seperation symbols between the two clocks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)