Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][Xposed] XGPM - Google Play Music mods

2,142 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,261

Post Reply Email Thread
1st July 2015, 10:26 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Nice module, I would like to see, if is possible to launch GM with My Library but on tab: ALBUMS

1st July 2015, 10:40 PM |#102  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Augsburg, Germany

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mozillaopera

Nice module, I would like to see, if is possible to launch GM with My Library but on tab: ALBUMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohinZaraki

@Maxr1998 would it be possible to add an option to choose a default tab in library ? Like my preference is default tab - library, default column - songs. Others may have their own preference as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxr1998

Looking at the source code, there is no such thing as default tab. GPM always uses the tab you selected last..

Quote:

[…] For me it's always the last visited, e.g. playlists. I even force closed GPM, but it still was at playlists when going to My Library.

Please, next time read at least the last two pages..

Sent using my nexus7 running stock Lollipop LMY47V 🍭
The Following User Says Thank You to Maxr1998 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st July 2015, 10:57 PM |#103  
Flag Düsseldorf
Thanks Meter: 67

Donate to Me
More
Love it! Great work.
2nd July 2015, 03:10 AM |#104  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:

Well, it is included in the last update

------------------------------------

Forgot to quote to remind you yesterday. As you can see, part one is finished.

Sent using my nexus⁴ running Euphoria 1.1 with Xposed and hells-Core B80

Hey @Maxr1998, thanks a lot for quoting me, actually was just busy with the work and life, so couldn't reply to you, sorry for that.
Oh, and thanks for all your hard work, I actually use GPM as my local music player as well just because of your module. It rocks, just like Maxlock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohinZaraki

When the app is closed and reopened it's always at the library tab but at albums. The old depreciated Google Music Later module allowed the Songs tab to be the default one but it seems that it too doesn't do that anymore. Perhaps an update to Play Music broke it ?

Can confirm, Google Play Music Later used to have the same functionality, but hasn't worked for quite a while. Maybe some update broke it, as mentioned by @RohinZaraki.
9th July 2015, 04:51 PM |#105  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 56

Donate to Me
More
Hi, I have a request. Can you add an option where-in it disables Google Play Services waking everytime i play a song? The problem is, I use Greenify and I have hibernated GPlay Services with state ignored condition. While its useful for GPlay Services to check the "authentication" everytime I play a song, greenifying GPlay Services closes Play Music without warning (during playback). I agree this service is useful for people using the cloud service part of Play Music, like in the US, but for me, In India, and wherever in the world who don't have access, we just use it for local playback and is a big nuisance. You could add a check if the file is local or not and apply this feature?

Big thank you if you pull this off. Even if its not possible, thanks anyways. Cheers.
12th July 2015, 11:41 AM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thumbs up Thanks!
First, I would like to offer my thanks for this great mod. I was actually about to give up on GPM when I found this mod and now I'm hopeful that GPM will now be awesome to use.

I do have a couple of suggestions (OK, requests actually) that you or my fellow users might be interested in, if you don't mind me asking.

First, would it be possible to add multi-sorting or grouping options. An example would be to be able to sort Albums via Artists then by Year.

It would also be nice to be able to add/remove categories based on id3 tags like Album Artist or Year.

Thanks!
12th July 2015, 11:41 PM |#107  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Augsburg, Germany

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.upadhyaya

Hi, I have a request. Can you add an option where-in it disables Google Play Services waking everytime i play a song? The problem is, I use Greenify and I have hibernated GPlay Services with state ignored condition. While its useful for GPlay Services to check the "authentication" everytime I play a song, greenifying GPlay Services closes Play Music without warning (during playback). I agree this service is useful for people using the cloud service part of Play Music, like in the US, but for me, In India, and wherever in the world who don't have access, we just use it for local playback and is a big nuisance. You could add a check if the file is local or not and apply this feature?

Big thank you if you pull this off. Even if its not possible, thanks anyways. Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedpantsu

First, I would like to offer my thanks for this great mod. I was actually about to give up on GPM when I found this mod and now I'm hopeful that GPM will now be awesome to use.

I do have a couple of suggestions (OK, requests actually) that you or my fellow users might be interested in, if you don't mind me asking.

First, would it be possible to add multi-sorting or grouping options. An example would be to be able to sort Albums via Artists then by Year.

It would also be nice to be able to add/remove categories based on id3 tags like Album Artist or Year.

Thanks!

I will definitely consider your suggestions, but not in the nearest future..
I am very busy with my other projects and school, but I will still try to work on this when I have time at weekends or so..

Hit thanks if I helped!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maxr1998 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th July 2015, 08:45 AM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can someone help me fix my GPM app? I am running android 5.1.1 rooted with twrp on a nexus 7 2013. When I try to play any song it tells me "Music playback error. Couldn't play the track you requested."
This started after I accidentally uninstalled it with these settings checked:
  • Show "My Library" as default screen
  • Add equalizer shortcut
  • Resize album art
  • Remove drop shadow over cover
I am able to play music with VLC player. I have already tried clearing cache and dalvik cache(in twrp), clearing data for google related apps, signing out of my google account, and reinstalling the module.
I have attached a log after a reboot and trying to use GPM.
Attached Files
File Type: log nexus7.log - [Click for QR Code] (10.3 KB, 2 views)
13th July 2015, 07:17 PM |#109  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Augsburg, Germany

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danringm

Can someone help me fix my GPM app? I am running android 5.1.1 rooted with twrp on a nexus 7 2013. When I try to play any song it tells me "Music playback error. Couldn't play the track you requested."
This started after I accidentally uninstalled it with these settings checked:

• Show "My Library" as default screen
  • Add equalizer shortcut
  • Resize album art
  • Remove drop shadow over cover
I am able to play music with VLC player. I have already tried clearing cache and dalvik cache(in twrp), clearing data for google related apps, signing out of my google account, and reinstalling the module.
I have attached a log after a reboot and trying to use GPM.

Uninstalling (and reinstalling?) shouldn't do anything. This seems more like GPMs fault. Do you have network connection? Do you play local music, streamed music or offline music? Could you wipe dalvik and reboot? Could you try to clear data on GPM?

Hit thanks if I helped!
13th July 2015, 08:34 PM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Uninstalling (and reinstalling?) shouldn't do anything. This seems more like GPMs fault. Do you have network connection? Do you play local music, streamed music or offline music? Could you wipe dalvik and reboot? Could you try to clear data on GPM?

Hit thanks if I helped!

I have a working internet connection. I have tried playing the new stations, local music, and music in my google account(not downloaded). I wiped the dalvik, rebooted, and tried clearing the data but it still doesn't work.
13th July 2015, 10:47 PM |#111  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Augsburg, Germany

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danringm

I have a working internet connection. I have tried playing the new stations, local music, and music in my google account(not downloaded). I wiped the dalvik, rebooted, and tried clearing the data but it still doesn't work.

Does the same happen when module is deactivated?

Hit thanks if I helped!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
google play music, music, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)