- Show or hide Recent Apps, Menu and Search buttons
- Re-order buttons
- 18 themes with different colors
- Use your own images for buttons http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=136
- Restart SystemUI to see changes immediately without rebooting (Busybox required)
- Activate changes on the fly without root (Nougat only)
- Define left and right margin
- Define navbar height
- Define search button action
- Your phone must be rooted
- Xposed framework must be installed first http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1574401
- Xposed library 2.2 is required
- Install the module
- Run Xposed Installer and enable the module Android NavBar Buttons
- Reboot the phone
- If you want to use your own button images, check out this link.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - store stock button images for preview
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - read stock button images for preview
- GET_TASKS - used by Switch to Last App function
- REORDER_TASKS - used by Switch to Last App function
Limitations & supported devices
I developed this module based on AOSP source code and tested only on my Xperia devices. I expect it to work also on AOSP devices such as Google Nexus. You can try it on other devices but I don't expect it to work universally, especially HTC and Samsung devices because their framework is heavily modified.
If you enable this module and Tinted Status Bar together, the color for the Home/Menu/Recent/Back buttons will be controlled by Tinted Status Bar while the Search button color will be controlled by this module.
If you're also using GravityBox, you must disable Navigation Bar Tweaks. Otherwise, this module won't work.
Currently the following devices are supported: (to be updated)
- Sony Xperia ZR stock 4.3 ROM
- Sony Xperia V stock 4.3 ROM
- Sony Xperia ZL stock based custom ROM/eXistenZ
- Sony Xperia SP ExistenZ 3.3.0
- Sony Xperia T
- Sony Xperia M dual stock 4.2.2 ROM
- Sony Xperia Z1 4.4 ihackers 4.1
- Sony Xperia Z1 Compact stock KK ROM
- Sony Xperia Z stock 4.3 ROM
- Nexus 5 stock 4.4.2
- Nexus 7 (2013) stock 4.4.2
- MUCH i5s
- Moto G stock 4.4.2 ROM
- Moto X stock 4.4.2 ROM
- Samsung Galaxy Lollipop or older devices (you need to set qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 in build.prop to enable Navbar)
- Samsung Galaxy Marshmallow or higher devices
- Sony Xperia X series devices Marshmallow ROM
I used this guide to help me develop this module. This document is outdated but the concept is still the same.
Huge thanks to atticus182 for his great work of Softkey collection
Thanks to C3C076 for his wonderful GravityBox! This module uses some of his codes for search button actions.
Supports & troubleshooting
If you're using Android 6 and are unable to see folders when importing image files for user define theme, you need to grant Storage permission in App settings.
If you find that this module doesn't work on your device and see FC repeatedly and both notification and navigation bar disappeared, don't panic! Just run Xposed Installer, disable this module and reboot.
If you want me to add support for your device, please send me the following:
- Xposed log file
- Your device model
- Android and ROM version
- Deodexed /system/app/SystemUI.apk or you can send me a link for the ROM
** CM ROM is not supported because it has its own implementation of NavBar **
You can find source code for this module from GitHub here.
Xposed Module Repository | Play Store