FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[XPOSED] Samsung Kitkat SystemServer Crash Fix (for random reboots)

239 posts
Thanks Meter: 327

Post Reply Email Thread
*A big thanks to all the people that have donated so far*

This module fixes the random reboots (which are actually System Server crashes) on newer Samsung S4 Kitkat Firmwares like I9505XXUGNF1.

After updating my SGS 4 to I9505XXUGNF1 I like many experienced random crashes which at first glance seem to be reboots of the device. Looking at the logcat I figured out that actually the system server process crashes due to an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException. After reading the source code I figured what the problem is and wrote this small module to workaround the crash. My S4 is running without a single crash since.

The module can be found in the XPosed Module Repository.
The Following 87 Users Say Thank You to thomashofmann For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thomashofmann Ad-Free

5th July 2014, 04:52 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 9,814

More
Repo link here
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to mauam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mauam Ad-Free
5th July 2014, 05:11 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Thanks I am not allowed to post links...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thomashofmann For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thomashofmann Ad-Free
6th July 2014, 12:50 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Will it compatible to Note 3 LTE (SM-N9005)?
6th July 2014, 01:41 AM |#6  
Flag Murfreesboro
Thanks Meter: 441

Donate to Me
More
Are the American firmwares (I have the T-Mo M919 with NB4 fw personally) subject to the same bug?
6th July 2014, 07:47 AM |#7  
Flag Overland Park
Thanks Meter: 270

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by HampTheToker

Are the American firmwares (I have the T-Mo M919 with NB4 fw personally) subject to the same bug?

I would like to know this also. Looking at my logs I see a lot of errors with that and do get reboots often. Though its normally when coming out of sleep (especially when I have updates in Google Play). Guess I can try and update after a few days...
6th July 2014, 07:45 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 95

Donate to Me
More
I'm on an att s4 using Safestrap to run SHOstock rom on NB8 fw and this has seemed to cure all my random reboots...haven't had one yet since I installed this!!! Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to dmc2359 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dmc2359 Ad-Free
7th July 2014, 06:43 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
It should do no harm to any Kitkat Rom. It will only have an effect in case of a false parameter value being passed to a certain method. See my blog for technical details. Unfortunately, I am not allowed to post links here in the forum but if you search google for the name of the module you will find it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thomashofmann For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thomashofmann Ad-Free
7th July 2014, 06:58 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
With 500 downloads as of today and no single message here that it is causing problems you may just try if it works for you I think.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thomashofmann For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thomashofmann Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)