FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[XPOSED] Samsung Kitkat SystemServer Crash Fix (for random reboots)

239 posts
Thanks Meter: 329

Post Reply Email Thread
16th July 2014, 05:08 AM |#41  
Flag Garden of Time
Thanks Meter: 1,397

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter.White

Let's see if this solves problem on my N3. Which apparently for no reason soft boots from time to time.

I'm still suffering hotboot on my N900..
Apparently the phone freezed for several seconds then hotboot occured...

Do you need the logcat?

16th July 2014, 07:01 AM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Perfect i9505 rooted + xposed
I love you, man! No random reboot for 12 hours and going! This saved my life! Thank you!!!!
16th July 2014, 09:48 AM |#43  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescendo Xenomorph

Do you need the logcat?

I can have a look at it to see if it is a similar problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to thomashofmann For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thomashofmann Ad-Free
17th July 2014, 04:04 AM |#44  
Flag Garden of Time
Thanks Meter: 1,397

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomashofmann

I can have a look at it to see if it is a similar problem.

Thanks... I'll post the logcat and last_kmesg then the reboot occured....
17th July 2014, 01:10 PM |#45  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomashofmann

I will try to to retrieve more context info from the problematic process in a future version. No ETA though. Maybe this reveals whether or not this has to do with Samsung related processes.

It looks like the process that has -1 as prosState is always com.sec.knox.seandroid. Maybe this bug has been introduced with Knox 2.0
The Following User Says Thank You to thomashofmann For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thomashofmann Ad-Free
17th July 2014, 04:53 PM |#46  
Flag Mainz
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Great Job Samsung!
KNOX is the root of all evil.

Thanx for that excellent research and your XPosed Module.
Best regards
Christopher

Send from the outback with my GT-I9505
18th July 2014, 02:20 PM |#47  
Thanks Meter: 117

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundSparrow

FYI: the bug seems to be in AOSP source code - so not sure why it would be specific to Samsung... there may just be something going on in the Samsung apps that triggers it more frequently.

I believe today I caught it happening in Android Wear 4.4W on an LG watch...

It seems to be when an app is STOPPED that it triggers the crash and reboot.

http://www.reddit.com/r/androiddev/c...p_crashes_the/

462-478/? E/AndroidRuntime﹕ *** FATAL EXCEPTION IN SYSTEM PROCESS: ActivityManager
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Invalid index 1, size is 1
at java.util.ArrayList.throwIndexOutOfBoundsException (ArrayList.java:255)
at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:308)
at com.android.server.am.ActivityStackSupervisor.forc eStopPackageLocked(ActivityStackSupervisor.java:20 34)
at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.force StopPackageLocked(ActivityManagerService.java:4605 )
at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.acces s$300(ActivityManagerService.java:207)
at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService$MainH andler.handleMessage(ActivityManagerService.java:1 333)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:10 2)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:136)
at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61 )
at com.android.server.ServiceThread.run(ServiceThread .java:46)

Does that mean CM11 roms are affected as well? Getting a bunch of random reboots on C-ROM (CM11 4.4.4 based)
18th July 2014, 02:53 PM |#48  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 131

More
Running great on my gs4 on a tw 4.4 rom. Thanks!
xerum525
18th July 2014, 10:48 PM |#49  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
well done Samsung ...first of all i was Samsung Client from long time ago and as well i use to aport my knowledges in xda forum... till the note2 everything was great but when i bougth the note 3 the thing was changed. first of all i coud not root the device fearing to not loose the warranty... i ´m a living in Spain from many years and after a short vacations in a Norten Europe Country i´ve received an update from Samsung servers ... after that update i notice that my phone was stared to have randome forced closes and freezes of many apps.
Remember that your policy was not alow me to install the root in my Note 3 and i was unable to make a full debug to know where the error was for that reeason i was forced to sell my phone to a big company from western Europe (thephonehouse.com) as spare parts.

i.ve spend around 550€ in buyng that phone and i´ve sold it as spare parts for a stupid error of your software engineers because after selling the phone a user from xda had found where the error was...

kudo to him and shame to you Samsuing.... are you playng with our money and with our privacy lateley...Shame on you Samsung
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...h-fix-t2806046

so thank you Samsung to making me to buy a 550€ phone and to sell it as spare parts for les that 250€.... well done guys
19th July 2014, 11:07 AM |#50  
Thanks Meter: 2,056

Donate to Me
More
I think this will benefit lot more people if it were to make it to XDA Front Page news.

Click Tip Us? Guys
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Walter.White For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Walter.White Ad-Free
20th July 2014, 09:34 AM |#51  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Can anyone tell me if I should also remove all the KNOX apps first or just install the reboot fix?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)