FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Tool] Installer for Xposed Installer (for ZenFones)

204 posts
Thanks Meter: 517

Post Reply Email Thread
Install Xposed, on ZenFones.

Note: This tool is no longer being maintained/supported.

Disclaimer
This tool is specifically made for ZenFones. If you have an Intel x86 device you can try this but only at your own risk. If you mess up, the only one who will be responsible is going to be you! So if you don't have a ZenFone or some other Intel x86 device please stay away from this tool!

Requirements
  • Common Sense
  • Necessary drivers.
  • Root Access
  • This Tool (Mirror)
  • USB Debugging turned on

Compatibility List
  • Asus ZenFone 4/4.5 (Android KitKat)
  • Asus ZenFone 5 (Android KitKat)
  • Asus ZenFone 6 (Android KitKat)
  • Acer Iconia 8 B1-810 (Android KitKat)
    Reported by: @paraiso-san
  • Dell Venue 3740 (Android KitKat)
    Reported by: @Dev.Katalyst @real_sl4cker @xjgper
  • Dell Venue 3741 (Android KitKat)
    Reported by: @sam.crowther
  • Motorolla RAZR i XT890 (CM11)
    Reported by: @Paul95 @Eserim
  • There will be more devices. And if you're able to install Xposed Framework on your device with this installer then let me know and I'll add your device to this list.

Instructions
  • Unzip the Tool on your Computer
  • Run the Tool
  • Confirm whether or not you want to Install
  • Let it do it's magic
  • Grant Root permission
  • Press the Install/Update button
  • Grant Root permission again
  • Press OK to reboot
  • Done.

FAQ
  • Can I use this tool on my Asus ZenFone with Android 4.4?
    Quote:

Of course you can, this tool has been specifically made for ZenFones (running Android KitKat). So unless you do something extraordinarily stupid there is nothing that can go wrong. And if you think you have the potential to do something that stupid, abort! I repeat abort the mission!

• Can I use this tool on my Asus ZenFone with Android 5.0+?
    Quote:

No.

• I have a similar device with an Intel Atom processor, should I try this tool?
    Quote:

Considering you have an Intel inside device, this tool should work. However whether or not you should try this tool is upto you!

• I have a similar device with a MTK/Qualcomm chip, should I try this tool?
    Quote:

That's not a similar device.-_-

• My device got bricked or went into a bootloop!
    Quote:

Deal with it.

Facing issues or Love my work? Just let me know.

XDA:DevDB Information
[Tool] Installer for Xposed Installer, Tool/Utility for the Xposed Framework

Contributors
yourarjunjadeja

Version Information
Current Stable Version: v1.0
Stable Release Date: 2014-12-23

Created 2014-12-25
Last Updated 2017-09-05
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Start.PNG
Views:	9398
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	3080760   Click image for larger version

Name:	End.PNG
Views:	9228
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	3080761  
The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to itsarjunsinh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift itsarjunsinh Ad-Free

28th December 2014, 11:13 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Ty
29th December 2014, 06:55 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Phone Problem
I have problem with module. Everything applications restart my phone. Asus Zenfone 5 2850
30th December 2014, 06:03 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag bin\Earth\India\Vadodara

More
Hi!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo.martins.bastos

Ty

Your welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthhy

I have problem with module. Everything applications restart my phone. Asus Zenfone 5 2850

Please elaborate so that I can help.
30th December 2014, 09:02 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
The application says Xposed is currently not active, yet everything was installed. Is it alright?

Also, when I try to activate a module, it says cannot write to /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/modules.list
30th December 2014, 10:39 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Hello
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim7777

The application says Xposed is currently not active, yet everything was installed. Is it alright?

Also, when I try to activate a module, it says cannot write to /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/modules.list

Open Xposed Installer. Now click on "Framework". Now check whether the values below "active" and "bundled" are same. If they are not same than click on "Install/Update". Then simply reboot. If this doesn't solve the problem, feel free to reply.
30th December 2014, 04:34 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourarjunjadeja

Open Xposed Installer. Now click on "Framework". Now check whether the values below "active" and "bundled" are same. If they are not same than click on "Install/Update". Then simply reboot. If this doesn't solve the problem, feel free to reply.

yep they are the same, (the green colored numbers on the left, the same with on the right)
Yet xposed says it isn't active nor installed. Still experiencing problems activating modules though.. I cannot activate any module and instead, it shows that error I posted above.
30th December 2014, 05:42 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Try this
Quote:

yep they are the same, (the green colored numbers on the left, the same with on the right)
Yet xposed says it isn't active nor installed. Still experiencing problems activating modules though.. I cannot activate any module and instead, it shows that error I posted above.

Uninstall the framework, uninstall the app and install Xposed using the tool once more.
If it doesn't help, message me on hangouts (link to G+ on my xda profile) and we'll figure something out with a video chat!
31st December 2014, 12:10 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:

Yo. Xposed is pretty unstable at zenfone 5. At least for me I can't run the greenify module and didn't tried the amplify but the greenify keeps rebooting the phone and so...Now I only use greenify @ root and it's fine. And I removed the xposed
2nd January 2015, 11:48 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Not really
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardomb

Yo. Xposed is pretty unstable at zenfone 5. At least for me I can't run the greenify module and didn't tried the amplify but the greenify keeps rebooting the phone and so...Now I only use greenify @ root and it's fine. And I removed the xposed

Xposed is not at all unstable. The only issue ZenFones ever had with Xposed was the installation bit, and that's why we have this tool. I haven't used Greenify so I can't write anything about it but so far I have had no issues with Xposed framework.
2nd January 2015, 12:22 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourarjunjadeja

Xposed is not at all unstable. The only issue ZenFones ever had with Xposed was the installation bit, and that's why we have this tool. I haven't used Greenify so I can't write anything about it but so far I have had no issues with Xposed framework.

Maybe i can give a try and reinstall it later. Do u use amplify @ xposed?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
intel, x86, xposed, yourarjunjadeja, zenfone

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)