FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[XPOSED] X201/TrueSmart: Status bar in custom launchers

293 posts
Thanks Meter: 188

By nilezon, Senior Member on 24th March 2015, 11:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
After quite some smali digging I was finally able to put together an Xposed module that enables the status bar in custom launchers (and other apps as well, if desired).
This is the very first alpha version, and it is only tested with X201-KK BASE. The module will most likely work with other 4.4 ROMS for x201 smart watches as well.

Changelog
Version 0.1: First release. Enables the status bar in most launchers. Does not play well with GravityBox.
Version 0.2: Enables the status bar in all apps. Use other Xposed modules to enable full screen mode when desired. Does work well alongside GravityBox, Xposed Additions, etc.

XDA:DevDB Information
XMateHacks, Xposed for the Omate TrueSmart

Contributors
nilezon
Xposed Package Name:

Version Information

Created 2015-03-24
Last Updated 2015-03-27
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nilezon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nilezon Ad-Free

25th March 2015, 10:57 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilezon

XMateHacks, Xposed for the Omate TrueSmart

I cannot find the module, need to be activated?
The Following User Says Thank You to gerhardo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gerhardo Ad-Free
26th March 2015, 01:17 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerhardo

I cannot find the module, need to be activated?

Click on the Download tab above, download and manually install the APK (for now).
The module should then show up in Xposed Installer. Just activate it and reboot.
The Following User Says Thank You to nilezon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nilezon Ad-Free
26th March 2015, 10:26 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Quote:

Click on the Download tab above, download and manually install the APK (for now).
The module should then show up in Xposed Installer. Just activate it and reboot.

Installed OK. Deactivated GravityBox when trying out.

By default, I only get the status bar flashing when first opening an application. If I am quick, I can pull down notifications.
In Nova, I can Toggle Notification Bar (shortcut) to see the status bar, but not other apps. Tried App Settings too.

At least something, it is a pain that Omate/Umeox chose to remove the status bar the way they did instead of using Android built in functionality.
27th March 2015, 12:05 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
The current version only enables the status bar in apps with "launcher" in their package name.
It's an ugly hack, I know, but I just wanted status bar in Nova, Launcher 8, etc. for now. It's an alpha version, you know.

I can release another APK to enable the status bar in every application, but it will not look good with a status bar in the lock screen, for example.
I would prefer a settings screen to activate/deactivate the status bar on a per app basis.

Edit:
New version released. It enables the status bar in every app. I think it works with 4.2 ROMs as well, but haven't tested.
The Following User Says Thank You to nilezon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nilezon Ad-Free
23rd May 2015, 11:25 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Module not working on 4.2
Quote:

The current version only enables the status bar in apps with "launcher" in their package name.
It's an ugly hack, I know, but I just wanted status bar in Nova, Launcher 8, etc. for now. It's an alpha version, you know.

I can release another APK to enable the status bar in every application, but it will not look good with a status bar in the lock screen, for example.
I would prefer a settings screen to activate/deactivate the status bar on a per app basis.

Edit:
New version released. It enables the status bar in every app. I think it works with 4.2 ROMs as well, but haven't tested.

Hi nilezon, unfortunately it seems not working on 4.2 versions. As another said some posts above, I just can see the status bar for a while when I open an app in Nova Launcher, but it disappear afterwards nor I can see the notification bar in the apps themselves . Installed v.0.2 of the module.
It would be great if you could do something for 4.2 as well. Thanks.
6th June 2015, 05:23 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lzwfkv

Hi nilezon, unfortunately it seems not working on 4.2 versions. As another said some posts above, I just can see the status bar for a while when I open an app in Nova Launcher, but it disappear afterwards nor I can see the notification bar in the apps themselves . Installed v.0.2 of the module.
It would be great if you could do something for 4.2 as well. Thanks.

My fault, it worked on 4.2.2. I had to performance a full reboot upon module activation. Previously the watch had fast reboot activated and it did not work after fast reboot. Just if someone else want to try the module on 4.2.

Sent from my KINGZONE N3 PLUS using XDA Free mobile app
13th December 2015, 09:36 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
imacwear m7
I set at alps x01 (aka imacwear m7) without problems! All the suits except that now the native dialer distorted and biased, how to fix? Can I do that all the application status bar hiding in full-screen mode?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)