I will try TaiChi on stock Oreo without root.
Its the login to snapchat, they have very high security around 3rd party apps and app modding. If the apk has been modified you get the "login has temporarily failed" message when trying to login.
The workaround in the past has been to login with xposed disabled, titanium backup data, flash xposed, then restore data so you remain logged in. But there is no way to achieve that without root that I can see! thanks for looking into it!
It didn't work. I've installed a few from TaiChi modules section, enabled in modules manager, stopped and launched and didn't work.
XInsta not changed Instagram app at all. Edge shows "module not sopported" in manager (last version).
Maybe i'm doing something wrong? TaiChi shows "kernel installed" message.
Hi, I am the author of VirtualXposed: https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpo...nlock-t3760313
VirtualXposed can run some Xposed modules on Non-Root devices without needing to unlock the bootloader or flash any sysytem images, but it can not act on system processes.
After a lot of exploration and experiment, I found a better way to run (Xposed) modules. It can run on both root and non-root devices, and it support Android 5.0 ~ 10.0 I release the beta version in China at 2019/1/5, after many tests and improvements, it is stable enough now to introduce it for you.
The app, or framework is named TaiChi
TaiChi is a framework to use Xposed module with or without Root/Unlock bootloader, it support Android 5.0 ~ 9.0.
In simple words, TaiChi is Xposed-Styled Framework, it can load Xposed modules, do hooks and so on.
TaiChi is Xposed-Styled, but it has no relation with Xposed. The only relevance is that TaiChi can load Xposed modules, the implementation of TaiChi and Xposed Framework is very different.
Here are some features of Taichi:
1. TaiChi has fully supports for Android Pie.
2. TaiChi can run in non-root mode.
3. TaiChi does not effect the android system and it does not hook all apps in system. Only the apps you want to apply Xposed modules are hooked. Other apps in system run in a completely clean environment, which means TaiChi can pass SafeNet easily.
4. TaiChi doesn't need to reboot system in most cases
5. TaiChi is hard to detect. TaiChi doesn't modify the libart and app_process, it has nearly no noticeable characteristics.
TaiChi has two work mode: magisk mode and non-root mode. If you don't want to unlock the bootloader/flash system images, you can use the non-root mode, if you prefer more powerful functions, just try magisk mode.
### What is the different with magisk mode and non-root mode?
The only difference is that magisk mode can hook system process, so more modules are supported, such as Xposed Edge/Greenify.But magisk mode need to unlock the bootloader and install Magisk, while non-root mode just needs to install a simple app.
### Non-Root mode
TaiChi run in non-root mode in genernal, just install a simple app, all the installation is over. If you want to use Xposed modules, for example, you'd like to use SnapFreedom on SnapChat, follow these steps:
1. Click the float button in Home page of TaiChi, and then click the button : **Create App**.
2. Select the app you'd like to apply Xposed modules, such as SnapChat.
3. Click the "Create" button at the bottom and then wait the creation to finish pariently.
4. When creation finished, TaiChi tells you that you need to unstall the original SnapChat, please uninstall it, this is necessary. Because TaiChi in non-root mode needs to modify the APK file which means we have to re-sign the APK.
5. Follow the steps in TaiChi app until you installed the new app.
6. Enter the **Module Manage** activity by click the button "Module Manager" of the float button in Home page.
7. Check the SnapFreedom module.
8. Kill the process of SnapChat and the Xposed modules should work properly.(You don't need to reboot system)
### Magisk mode
Non-root mode of TaiChi has some shortcomming even though it do not need to unlock bootloader, so i develop a magisk module, this module can give TaiChi extra power to overcome these shortcommings:
1. magisk mode can hook into system process.
2. magisk mode don't need to modify the apk, and the signature keeps same.
When you flashed the [magisk module]https://github.com/tiann/TaiChi-Magisk provided by TaiChi, TaiChi app switch to magisk mode automaticly: TaiChi App + magisk module = TaiChi·Magisk. When the magisk module is disabled or removed, TaiChi app turn to non-root mode.
If you want to use magisk mode, please read the [wiki](https://github.com/tiann/Tai-Chi/wik...hi-magisk-beta) carefully.
## For Developers
TaiChi is a Framework, developers can wrote modules to do hooks. The TaiChi modules is fully compatible to Xposed modules, so just wrote the Xposed-Styled modules and it can run well in TaiChi, too.
But there are still some difference from TaiChi Framework and Xposed Framework, please refer [For Xposed Developers]https://github.com/tiann/Tai-Chi/wik...osed-developer
- [Telegram Group](https://t.me/vxp_group)
## Contact me
1. TaiChi is closed-source now, it may be open-sourced in the future, but not now.
2. TaiChi can not run Xposed modules arbitrarily(it supports it in technical-speaking), it can only run specific version and specific modules now. If you want to use other modules, please fire an issue. Here is the support list: https://taichi.cool/module/module.html
3. TaiChi is compatible to Xposed modules, but it may have its own module in the future.
TaiChi, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)
Source Code: https://github.com/taichi-framework
Xposed Package Name:
Last Updated 2019-03-16
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|