FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[WIP][Xposed]GyroEmu-Accelerometer/Magnetometer fusion

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 114

By Mourdraug, Junior Member on 23rd July 2016, 10:21 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,
Lots of devices from low to mid-end range don't have gyroscope installed, and thanks to that have AR capabilities severely decrased.
I'm working on Xpose module that uses Accelerometer and Magnetic Field Sensor to simulate Gyroscope output.

Module works by creating new Sensor instance and injecting it into SystemSensorManager sensor list after its constructor, so getDefaultSensor(Sensor.TYPE_GYROSCOPE) will return it.
Module registers then SensorEventListeners for accel and magnet sensors and does it's calculations on accelerometers update and calls onSensorChanged of listener that uses it.

I'm still working on calculating velocities properly and getting good quality noise-free output. I did some progress on this but it still does not work as intended. (rotation directions seem correct, or maybe are swapped or inverted, but that can by easily fixed, problem is with values, which are simply wrong.) Testing it is a problem though, since I don't own any device with actual gyro, so I'll be gratefull for any feedback.

xda won't let me post normal link yet, so here is repo: https://github.com/Mourdraug/GyroEmu/
And here is apk: https://github.com/Mourdraug/GyroEmu...yroEmu_0.1.apk
The Following 113 Users Say Thank You to Mourdraug For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mourdraug Ad-Free

23rd July 2016, 11:34 AM |#2  
Flag Guess Where
Thanks Meter: 2,531

Donate to Me
More
Woah, i thought that was impossible. Continue bro, this'll be an interesting module..

Sent by a Cool Guy using XDA-Developers mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to veez21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift veez21 Ad-Free
23rd July 2016, 01:29 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Cool!!

Sent from my SM-E700H using Tapatalk
25th July 2016, 08:05 PM |#4  
Flag Ibagué
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Amazing bro
29th July 2016, 10:21 PM |#5  
Flag Williams, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 13

Donate to Me
More
Sweet!
29th July 2016, 10:29 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Tested it a little bit. Well, it's okay on my 1st gen. Moto G. Tried to create pano in Google Camera. Can move my phone only vertically. So no horizontal reaction at all.
Thanks for your work! Keep it going on!
29th July 2016, 11:13 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Interesting!!!
Continue the good work.
30th July 2016, 07:13 AM |#10  
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 2

More
How to install this without root / Xposed.Is it possible to modify the APK (I need the Street View and Google Camera apps patched for Samsung Galaxy J2 which has no gyro) .
30th July 2016, 08:33 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 150

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suici Doga

How to install this without root / Xposed.Is it possible to modify the APK (I need the Street View and Google Camera apps patched for Samsung Galaxy J2 which has no gyro) .

It's an xposed module so that would be a no
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)