FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

XHangouts - The ultimate Google Hangouts extension.

456 posts
Thanks Meter: 781

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Kevin M: v2.17 released! Check the first post for changelog.
14th November 2016, 11:35 PM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damit17

This last update I was missing all my conversations in hangouts prior updates where ok

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Yea that happens sometimes but is resolved easily. I'm gonna have to do more troubleshooting if the Dev is saying the merged convos is supposed to be working.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

16th November 2016, 01:41 AM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Noticed today that the chat bubbles are no longer themed. Odd thing is that they were OK after the update, it just sort of changed on its own. I tried tweaking the XHangouts settings, ON and OFF etc, but no change. Maybe something Google changed server side?
This is what I see. Incoming is a white, outgoing is a light grey
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to savagealien For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift savagealien Ad-Free
16th November 2016, 11:35 AM |#1003  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by savagealien

Noticed today that the chat bubbles are no longer themed. Odd thing is that they were OK after the update, it just sort of changed on its own. I tried tweaking the XHangouts settings, ON and OFF etc, but no change. Maybe something Google changed server side?

Same here, it's blinding...
17th November 2016, 07:01 PM |#1004  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
My SMS s arent joined with conversationts anymore, even with the option ativated. ! It does not work anymore, or its just a bug?
18th November 2016, 12:19 AM |#1005  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Quote:

It happened to me as well today. But the funny thing is, that the colors changed, WHILE I was in a conversation. Just Boom, and the colors were changed.
18th November 2016, 02:38 AM |#1006  

More
I'm at a loss. Merged conversations still isn't working. When I turn it off my chat bubbles lose their theme. I tried completely removing xhangouts, restarting and reinstalling. Any thoughts?

The Following User Says Thank You to kpoverdorf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kpoverdorf Ad-Free
18th November 2016, 08:00 PM |#1007  
Flag Upstate NY
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:

Noticed today that the chat bubbles are no longer themed.

Me too, except that I never noticed themed bubble colors after the update like some are reporting; they were un-themed (white and gray) for me immediately after updating Hangouts and XHangouts.
19th November 2016, 12:13 AM |#1008  
Thanks Meter: 391

Donate to Me
More
When Hangouts 14.0.136618992 was released and I was debugging XHangouts I was getting an error on line 389 of UiColorize.java. The weird thing was that a few days later the error went away on it's own and neither myself or Kevin were able to reproduce it anymore.

If you're currently having theme related issues then close Hangouts, enable debug mode within XHangouts and then use Hangouts until you see the issue again. When you do load up Xposed and look at the log file to see if there's any errors that mention Hangouts/XHangouts.
The Following User Says Thank You to ImADev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ImADev Ad-Free
19th November 2016, 01:59 AM |#1009  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImADev

If you're currently having theme related issues then close Hangouts, enable debug mode within XHangouts and then use Hangouts until you see the issue again. When you do load up Xposed and look at the log file to see if there's any errors that mention Hangouts/XHangouts.

The issue has been ongoing since first appearing, I tried turning Theming OFF then ON here's a sample of the log, it mostly repeats what you see near the bottom, nothing else so far.

Code:
--- LOADING XHANGOUTS ---
XHangouts v2.12-5432abf (29)
Google Hangouts v14.0.136618992 (23554001)
--- XHANGOUTS LOAD COMPLETE ---
XHangouts: GOOGLE_GREEN
XHangouts: System: 480 / Hangouts: 480
XHangouts: sendLock: false
XHangouts: enterKey: EMOJI_SELECTOR
XHangouts: setDataSource: false
19th November 2016, 06:12 PM |#1010  
Thanks Meter: 391

Donate to Me
More
@savagealien
Unfortunately that looks perfectly normal. You're even using the exact same variant as myself, although you're probably using a different version of Android.

Custom bubble colors are still working for me, which means that it'll be difficult to fix unless Kevin also has the problem.
19th November 2016, 06:34 PM |#1011  

More
The theme still works as long as I have merged convo enabled. However, merged convos still don't work. The only tool in my arsenal is to uninstall hangouts (which just downgrades bc system app) and xhangouts. Which didn't help. My log doesn't look to have anything interesting.

Is there anything else I can try?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
google, hangouts, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)