FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Win Honor 9 Lite

XHangouts - The ultimate Google Hangouts extension.

456 posts
Thanks Meter: 781

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Kevin M: v2.17 released! Check the first post for changelog.
16th March 2018, 06:37 PM |#1191  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Forced to Upgrade on v2.17-h18-9d0c06a
On v2.17-h18-9d0c06a the one that works with v 18.0.150813355 I was forced to upgrade this morning. I am able to still recieve and reply to messages via notifications but cannot send new messages or make calls because of the forced upgrade. I WAS able to clear the forced upgrade by deleting the hangouts data but of course this clears all messages and i don't know how long that will last. Justr thought i would let you know in case it can be fixed so the forced upgrade can be blocked or something.

16th March 2018, 06:46 PM |#1192  
Thanks Meter: 382

Donate to Me
More
@Walter Bishop I'm using Hangouts 18.0.150813355 with XHangouts v2.17-h18 and it prevents the forced upgrade. There isn't a notification or anything.

Do you mean that after clearing your data SMS conversations are missing? If you do then enable "show debug options" within XHangouts, restart Hangouts and then select debug from the top right of the screen and you'll find the option to re-import SMS.
17th March 2018, 01:39 PM |#1193  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImADev

@Walter Bishop I'm using Hangouts 18.0.150813355 with XHangouts v2.17-h18 and it prevents the forced upgrade. There isn't a notification or anything.

Do you mean that after clearing your data SMS conversations are missing? If you do then enable "show debug options" within XHangouts, restart Hangouts and then select debug from the top right of the screen and you'll find the option to re-import SMS.

Well getting my messages back is simple anyways because as soon as i give access to contacts and try to send a new message all my old sms and call history are synced like when you do a new install of hangouts. I am just concerned that this specialty version of xhangouts is no longer viable as it stands. clearing my data was only a temperary fix anyways, as a couple of hours later or a couple messages, not sure what triggers it, I was forced to update or clear my data again. But thanks for your input, I like your way of getting my sms back better than having to wait.
17th March 2018, 03:04 PM |#1194  
Thanks Meter: 382

Donate to Me
More
@Walter Bishop What version of Android are you using and have you checked if the Xposed log contains any errors?

You'll normally see issues like this if you've got a version mismatch. With it working correctly like it does on my device you'll never be notified to update and you'll never need to clear the data or cache.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
google, hangouts, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)