FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

XHangouts - The ultimate Google Hangouts extension.

456 posts
Thanks Meter: 781

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Kevin M: v2.17 released! Check the first post for changelog.
15th September 2015, 03:36 PM |#501  
NYC
Thanks Meter: 125

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin M

As long as you're not connected to WiFi and have an active mobile connection APN Splicing should be both faster and use less battery than the traditional APN request logic. The amount gained would be dependent on your hardware and the ROM it is running.

You can turn off debug mode as well, if you no longer require it, which should marginally speed things up. Thanks for using XHangouts!

Appreciate this app.

Now I just have to figure out if I can reduce the wakelocks and alarms on the Google hangouts app. haha

26th September 2015, 09:28 AM |#502  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 296

More
So I just realized when you receive or place calls in hangouts there is no way to see the call log, and determine how long a call was! This is incredibly uncool! Is there any hope to remedy this?

Sent from my SPH-L900 Sprint/Ting Note 2 running 4.3 MK4 rooted with tripped & disabled KNOX, on the XDA app
2nd October 2015, 07:35 PM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 645

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin M

My apologies for the lack of updates. I was hoping to have a second beta available by now but school is starting up again.

Could you give it a go without the DPI changes? I'm interested to see if it changes the quality.

This has been pretty heavily requested and it's been a pain to track down. I'll be sure to make an announcement if I find something. From what I can tell it's not even a bug. Google just wants their photos to be used in Hangouts for some reason.

I changed my phones normal DPI settings to show more on the screen. Because of this, I need to go back to App Settings to change the DPI for Hangouts. If I don't change the Hangouts (dp) to a different value, 1000x1600, than the phone won't ring when screen is off.
2nd October 2015, 08:34 PM |#504  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 781

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid

I changed my phones normal DPI settings to show more on the screen. Because of this, I need to go back to App Settings to change the DPI for Hangouts. If I don't change the Hangouts (dp) to a different value, 1000x1600, than the phone won't ring when screen is off.

I'm just trying to see what could potentially be aggravating the issue for certain people. If you could temporarily change DPI and report back on how it changes the image quality that would be awesome.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kevin M For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd October 2015, 06:52 AM |#505  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
My kids use hangouts and your awesome app; thank you!
But I don't like that when they type in a name (looking through our contact list) that random google names pop up. Is there a way for your app to restrict the searchable names to only the phones contact list (and not googles internet directory of names)?

*Also still hoping for the direct dial feature so my kids can touch a shortcut picture of mom and dial her without pushing any other buttons. I noticed a newer version copies the phone number to the hangouts dialer but doesn't actually click the call button. So I'd love for your app to make it a one-touch operation.
You mentioned considering this addition a few posts back; any progress on it yet? Thank you!

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

Would also love to be able to block any incoming call that isn't in the phone contact list (I know you can block an individual number, but that doesn't stop random numbers from calling). Thanks again!
6th October 2015, 01:44 AM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Group and move all the icons
I'd really really like to group and move all the icons below the input field. My phone tends to lag on hangouts and I'll tap the input field and then realize I typed the location icon.

Thanks!
7th October 2015, 04:12 AM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
whether or not you will is obviously totally your prerogative but I'm curious..

if you decided you wanted to could your module dark mod the whole hangouts ui kinda.. semi permanently ? vs 1 version of TBO or DarkUnicorn that works as long as you never update ever..

?
8th October 2015, 12:48 PM |#508  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello,

Could you please add ability to change MMS User-Agent ?
APN configuration is very nice but some Japanese carriers check User-Agent for SIM Locking
It would be great if you could change User-Agent and X-WAP-Profile.

Thank you!
12th October 2015, 09:01 PM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 391

Donate to Me
More
Hangouts 5.0 is finally out, but it's still got many issues.
  • The little icon that shows where a contact has read up to is being overlapped when you send a new message
  • There's no character count when composing an SMS (XHangouts feature request?)
  • There's still no option to view timestamps at a glance within the thread (XHangouts feature request?)
  • The button to select between Hangouts, Google voice or your mobile number still overlaps into the chat window when it's pressed
  • The same button mentioned above has too much padding on the left, so it doesn't align with anything. It should be aligned with the button to attach an image (XHangouts feature request?)

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-...-apk-download/
http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-...-apk-download/

Here's one other feature request too. Could you add an option to change the DPI of Hangouts? I'm currently using App Settings to adjust the DPI to 420 since the default (480dpi for the Xperia Z1) makes the app seem like it's zoomed in too much. It'd be great if I didn't need to use another Xposed module just for this 1 setting.

Edit: 5.0 fixes the image compression level issue on my side of things, but the preview that the person gets is often blured. If they save the image and open it up then it's not blured though
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ImADev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ImADev Ad-Free
12th October 2015, 09:33 PM |#510  
Flag Dover
Thanks Meter: 61

Donate to Me
More
What is the latest version this module will work with? I'm on lollipop with hangouts version 4.2.102354210. I really want to try the Apn settings because I'm currently forced to use Textra because it allows me to change those.
12th October 2015, 09:45 PM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 391

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DQEight

What is the latest version this module will work with? I'm on lollipop with hangouts version 4.2.102354210. I really want to try the Apn settings because I'm currently forced to use Textra because it allows me to change those.

I believe you need Hangouts 4.0.100406486 with XHangouts v2.3-beta1.

I prefer Hangouts 3.3.94322993 with XHangouts 2.2.
The Following User Says Thank You to ImADev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ImADev Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
google, hangouts, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)