FORUMS

View Poll Results: Do you have lags when pressing power button with this module?

Yes

7 Vote(s)
53.85%
No

6 Vote(s)
46.15%

[XPOSED][AD-BLOCKER] AdBlocker Reborn

465 posts
Thanks Meter: 905

By aviraxp, Senior Member on 11th February 2017, 11:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th May 2020, 08:14 PM |#431  
Flag Cincinnati, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 145

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradical711

I can confirm this as well. I am running Spotify version 8.4.45.575. Did you ever find any solution? Like maybe individually unchecking some of the blocking settings within the adblocker reborn app? I know disabling the module will get Spotify back but obviously must of us would like to continue using Spotify and the module itself. I can still find my playlists and artists I've followed as well as play songs, just nothing else like you mentioned.

Sent from my SM-G950U using XDA Labs

I have had problems with Spotify in the past with other ad blockers. I'm not an expert but I believe it has something to do with Spotify's ad servers and music streaming servers using the same addresses. If you have premium the ads won't show anyway and [s]all you have to do is whitelist Spotify in the module[/s]. Otherwise the ads may just be too intertwined with the stream for the blocker to discriminate them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

oops: Actually I was wrong about whitelisting fixing Spotify premium; it fooled me into thinking it was working again. I haven't gone through testing all the options, but I know disabling host blocking and receiver blocking doesn't work, and if whitelisting doesn't work I don't see how disabling any options could. It is a great mystery. I can't see any reason why whitelisting would fail.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pariah24 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pariah24 Ad-Free
13th May 2020, 07:13 AM |#432  
DE
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Looks like it doesnt block anything at all for me. neihter on Firefox nor Chrome on my Oneplus 7 Pro.
21st May 2020, 08:56 AM |#433  
Flag Spokane
Thanks Meter: 205

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pariah24

I have had problems with Spotify in the past with other ad blockers. I'm not an expert but I believe it has something to do with Spotify's ad servers and music streaming servers using the same addresses. If you have premium the ads won't show anyway and all you have to do is whitelist Spotify in the module. Otherwise the ads may just be too intertwined with the stream for the blocker to discriminate them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

oops: Actually I was wrong about whitelisting fixing Spotify premium; it fooled me into thinking it was working again. I haven't gone through testing all the options, but I know disabling host blocking and receiver blocking doesn't work, and if whitelisting doesn't work I don't see how disabling any options could. It is a great mystery. I can't see any reason why whitelisting would fail.

Just wanted to update you that I was able to get both Spotify v8.4.46.575 and adblocker reborn v1.8.2 to play nicely. Simply enabled "app list mode" in Edxposed and blacklisted 'Spotify' as I did other things to pass safetynet. Works like a charm. Android 10, stock rooted April security update/Riru 21.2, Edxposed Canary v0.5.0.0 (4548 yahfa), Edxposed manager 4.5.7 passing safetynet.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)