18th January 2017, 03:37 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seoul
Thanks Meter: 239

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by souler456

Not saying that I don't trust Microsoft or you or anything, but I don't really like putting my card on this, even though it's free. I may sound kinda crazy for a bit there, but just saying what I think of. I will just probably wait for this module to be "paid" or "subscribe inside the app" and I'll gladly toss some money for you, or from other sources you'll use.

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Oh, almost forgot. About the poll, why not BOTH? User-friendly option for those who want it free and paid...

If this app does become paid someday, you will still to provide PayPal or Google or whatever payment provider I ultimately use your card details
As for why not both -
1. This app started as a weekend hack, and it's an absolute lifesaver since I live in Korea but dont know Korean, or while I travel. I used it for half a year before finally adding a UI so I could release it. . But since I mostly get time to work on this on weekends, I want to minimize my effort - if not many people will pay (and if there are free alternatives, I doubt many would), why bother?
2. If I do add paid support, I will have to setup my own verification servers, etc. And on rooted devices, it'll be easy for people to get around it, using Lucky Patcher etc.
3. Lastly, Free and Open Source (FOSS) for the win!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to akhilkedia94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift akhilkedia94 Ad-Free
18th January 2017, 03:45 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seoul

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielcr12

I would like to test this as it seems like a great concept an idea, sadly i do not have a credit card. How to workaround this?

I will add support for Yandex Translate, probably over this weekend - no need for credit card for signup then.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to akhilkedia94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift akhilkedia94 Ad-Free
18th January 2017, 04:51 PM |#14  
Flag riyadh
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilkedia94

I will add support for Yandex Translate, probably over this weekend - no need for credit card for signup then.

thank you
19th January 2017, 08:28 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:

This will be my lifesaver as well since I need to travel quite often.... Including Korea too
20th January 2017, 09:24 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seoul

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielcr12

I would like to test this as it seems like a great concept an idea, sadly i do not have a credit card. How to workaround this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by souler456

Not saying that I don't trust Microsoft or you or anything, but I don't really like putting my card on this, even though it's free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali_ge

plzzzz add support for using Yandex Translate

Support for Yandex Translate is now live!
Update the app from Xposed Installer, or download the updated Apk from here.
A much simpler signup process, and no Credit card needed!
Keep in mind that Microsoft Translae does give better results than Yandex.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to akhilkedia94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift akhilkedia94 Ad-Free
20th January 2017, 11:12 AM |#17  
Flag riyadh
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:

Appreciate it, but it's not working. I tried to translate many Chinese apps ,even tried to translate english app to chinese and other language ,but still no luck
20th January 2017, 11:28 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:

hi, nice work but i don't understand all. you say in the "Apps to Translate" tab, search for your app to translate and use the check box next for it. but the only checkbox are just in settings for change the option per app. also i get for "OverRide" and "clear cache" but not for activate a translation for this app.

I not says your app have a problem or don't work, many time it's me the problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to DThrawn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DThrawn Ad-Free
20th January 2017, 02:27 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seoul

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DThrawn

hi, nice work but i don't understand all. you say in the "Apps to Translate" tab, search for your app to translate and use the check box next for it. but the only checkbox are just in settings for change the option per app. also i get for "OverRide" and "clear cache" but not for activate a translation for this app.

I not says your app have a problem or don't work, many time it's me the problem.

Hi!
In the "Apps to Translate" tab, there is a list of the app. To right, next to each app name, there is a checkbox. Clicking on the checkbox will enable translations for that app.
I have attached some screenshots to help you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sketch-1484917302656.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	226.9 KB
ID:	4010261   Click image for larger version

Name:	sketch-1484917309749.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	238.6 KB
ID:	4010262  
The Following User Says Thank You to akhilkedia94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift akhilkedia94 Ad-Free
20th January 2017, 02:40 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seoul

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali_ge

Appreciate it, but it's not working. I tried to translate many Chinese apps ,even tried to translate english app to chinese and other language ,but still no luck

Hi!
I just tested everything again and it does work, specifically for english to chinese. (See the attached screenshot for proof.)

Here are some things you can check for -
  1. Make sure your Yandex Subscription Key is correct. It's something like "trnsl.1.1.201701......"
  2. Make sure the "Use Yandex instead of Microsoft" is turned on. Turn it off and on again just to be sure.
  3. Try translating my app itself from English to Chinese to start. Make sure the checkbox next to the app you want to translate in "Apps to Translate" is ticked.
  4. If none of the above works, try uninstalling and reinstalling my app.
  5. If inspite of doing all of the above, nothing is still being translated, please send me links to some of the apps you tried translating and your Subscription key. If possible also send a copy of your logcat. You can use this app to save your logcat to an SD Card - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...n.logcat&hl=en

Here are the installation/usage steps again. Please ensure you follow each one -
Installation Instructions
  1. Follow instructions for installation of Xposed Framework
  2. Search the Xposed Installer for "AllTrans" and install the latest version. Alternatively, download the attached AllTrans APK and install it.
  3. Run Xposed installer, go to Modules menu and activate AllTrans by checking the checkbox.
  4. Reboot
  5. Launch AllTrans from app drawer or from Xposed installer and set options as desired.

Usage Instructions
This application requires you to sign up for a key from Microsoft or Yandex Translate.
Yandex Translate supports more languages, has a much easier signup process, and requires NO CREDIT CARD.
Microsoft Translate gives much better translations, but requires a credit card to sign up. (But don't worry, nothing will be charged.)
  1. In "Global Settings" tab, enable "Use Yandex instead of Microsoft".
  2. In "Global Settings" tab, tap "Enter Yandex Subscription Key", input the corresponding key.
  3. Choose the "Translate from Language" and "Translate to Language".
  4. In the "Apps to Translate" tab, find the app you want to translate, click the checkbox next to it on the right.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20170120-214611.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	218.1 KB
ID:	4010271  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akhilkedia94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift akhilkedia94 Ad-Free
20th January 2017, 02:45 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:

Hi!
In the "Apps to Translate" tab, there is a list of the app. To right, next to each app name, there is a checkbox. Clicking on the checkbox will enable translations for that app.
I have attached some screenshots to help you.

Thanks for help. I see where is our misunderstanding cause i've not checkbox.

With many information is better, i'm on 6.0.1, J7 2016 rom evo grace, APP 1.1.0 download on xda xposed module and a second time with this thread.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20170120-143924.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	220.1 KB
ID:	4010272  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)