I decided to create this module, because some features of AndroidN-ify on my device were causing SystemUI to crash, due to my rom not being close to AOSP. If your ROM supports all features of AndroidN-ify - I highly suggest to use it! It's awesome!
But in case you have the same problems as I do, but still want to use Google Assistant - you can meanwhile use this module.
Supports Google App 18.104.22.168 and later
All credits go to MrWasdennnoch, Maxr1998, Exalm and other contributors to his great module!
OK Google hotword not working (goes to voice training everytime)Working with 6.10 update! "OK Google" detection settings crashWorking with 6.10 update!
After 6.10 update "OK Google" detection is working as intended without any interference, so just go ahead in google settings and configure voice there, it works now!
For versions below 6.10 use following guide
1. Update Google App to the latest version (at least 6.8 beta)
2. Disable assistant in module
3. Configure "OK Google" detection and voice pattern
4. Enable assistant in module
5. Say "OK Google"
Enable "OK Google" with screen off (even when not charging)
After enabling it in module settings, plug/unplug your charger for settings to kick in
Bonus feature: Enable Google Now (feed) in unsupported countries
In order to enable Google Now in unsupported country, these steps are required:
1) Enable Assistant Enabler module in Xposed Installer
2) In Assistant Enabler settings, enable "Enable Google Now"
3) Reboot (after rebooting your phone carrier will be identified as US Verizon)
4) Either remove your sim, or put your phone in airplane mode
5) Enable Wifi
6) If google account is added to the phone already - remove it
7) Launch google app and login to your google account
8) Opt-in to Google Now
P.S. After these steps you can disable "Enable Google Now" setting in Assistant Enabler module, if you don't want your carrier to be identified as VZW. Google Now will continue working.
Broadcast receiver to allow other apps (for example: Tasker) to toggle module settings
Reference Tasker profile using feature to automatically enable/disable "OK Google Everywhere" when entering/leaving home WiFi: Tasker.zip
NOTE: When enabling/disabling "Ok Google Everywhere" a broadcast intent with action ACTION.POWER.DISCONNECTED must be sent to avoid having to manually plug/unplug the device.
Assistant Enabler, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)
Sabissimo, MrWasdennnoch, Maxr1998, Exalm, rodriguezst
Source Code: https://github.com/Sabissimo/AssistantEnabler
Xposed Package Name: com.sabik.assistantenabler
Current Stable Version: 5.1
Stable Release Date: 2017-03-15
Last Updated 2017-03-16