FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][XPOSED][6.0+] Use Xposed without developing a module

17,966 posts
Thanks Meter: 36,913
 
By M66B, Recognized Developer on 28th January 2018, 02:16 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
24th July 2019, 12:43 AM |#371  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hello sir,
it's me again, in the end i have managed to sort out and learn how to sort most of the problems, a quick question if anyone can help me out. In settings of the phone with the build option in tracking i have managed to change my phone name and model etc. There is any hook outhere to change the default mac of the phone after and not restrict it or faking it with getwifimac ?. I dont know if i explain myself. for example on build model if i change the name of the phone model directly in pro app companion replacing unknown it gives that value to the phone directly. I would like to know if there is any build for the mac address same as for the model of the phone.
thank you all for your help.
 
 
24th July 2019, 05:34 AM |#372  
M66B's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 36,913
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkserv81

Hello sir,
it's me again, in the end i have managed to sort out and learn how to sort most of the problems, a quick question if anyone can help me out. In settings of the phone with the build option in tracking i have managed to change my phone name and model etc. There is any hook outhere to change the default mac of the phone after and not restrict it or faking it with getwifimac ?. I dont know if i explain myself. for example on build model if i change the name of the phone model directly in pro app companion replacing unknown it gives that value to the phone directly. I would like to know if there is any build for the mac address same as for the model of the phone.
thank you all for your help.

There is a hook definition in the repository to change the WiFi MAC address. The MAC address is not a build properties because there are several of them. For example the Bluetooth adapter has a MAC address too.
13th August 2019, 07:13 PM |#373  
M66B's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 36,913
 
More
I am planning to close this thread because almost nobody except for @Fif_ contributed new hook definitions to the repository. Also, most people coming to ask here don't seem to succeed with what they wanted anyway.

Are there any objections to this?
The Following User Says Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th August 2019, 08:22 PM |#374  
Senior Member
Flag Innsbruck
Thanks Meter: 97
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

I am planning to close this thread because almost nobody except for @Fif_ contributed new hook definitions to the repository. Also, most people coming to ask here don't seem to succeed with what they wanted anyway.

Are there any objections to this?

But it seems there are always new questions about hook definitions. There would be no place to ask then ...
The Following User Says Thank You to mark_at For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mark_at Ad-Free
13th August 2019, 08:25 PM |#375  
M66B's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 36,913
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_at

But it seems there are always new questions about hook definitions. There would be no place to ask then ...

The answers seems to lead nowhere, so what is the point?
13th August 2019, 08:28 PM |#376  
Senior Member
Flag Innsbruck
Thanks Meter: 97
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

The answers seems to lead nowhere, so what is the point?

Well. For me hooks were never a topic, I am too much amateur for it.

But it seems for some it is ... so I guess they need some place to ask. And also Fif can help or give information.

Maybe ask him ... he contributes a lot.
13th August 2019, 08:33 PM |#377  
M66B's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 36,913
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_at

Well. For me hooks were never a topic, I am too much amateur for it.

But it seems for some it is ... so I guess they need some place to ask. And also Fif can help or give information.

Maybe ask him ... he contributes a lot.

If you check here, you'll see that @Fif_ is about the only one who contributed custom hook definitions. I trust that @Fif_ doesn't need this thread because he knows what he is doing.

To be clear: I want to stop supporting custom hook definitions because in a most cases it has appeared to be a waste of time.
13th August 2019, 09:39 PM |#378  
TiTiB's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 228
 
More
There is still the 'main' XPL thread. So...idk how much this thread would be missed.
14th August 2019, 02:01 PM |#379  
M66B's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 36,913
 
More
This thread is closed.

If you have questions about XPrivacyLua, please go here:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpo...nager-t3730663

Custom hook definitions will always be part of XPrivacyLua, but there will be community support only. This means that I won't respond to questions about defining custom hooks anymore. See some comments back for the reasons.
The Following User Says Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes