FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][XPOSED][v1.0.10.53] InstallerOpt

689 posts
Thanks Meter: 844

Post Reply Email Thread
XInstaller seems to be having issues with MM but it had two features that I really missed:
  • Show version information when installing an application, current and new version numbers
  • Automatically closing the installer when installation was successful so you don't have to click "Done" or "Open"
So I took the relevant methods from XInstaller and removed everything else. Other features from XInstaller are being added upon request with the following features currently implemented:
  • Auto hide install and uninstall
  • Auto install and uninstall
  • Backup any currently installed application
  • Backup APK files during install
  • Manage all backups including restore from backups
  • Delete APK files after install
  • Disable application Force Close dialog
  • Disable application verification and signature checking
  • Disable system apps
  • Disable user applications
  • Display package name in app info
  • Downgrade apps
  • Enable clear data and cache buttons
  • Launch app from icon in app info
  • Open playstore link from icon in app info
  • Show version info on installation window and/or as toast
Original code credit:
Pyler for XInstaller github
hamzahrmalik for initial preference code and layout
hamsterksu over on github for an awesome content provider that wraps sharedpreferences
Matsca09 over on github for unknown source prompt in DirectApkInstall

Grab it from Xposed Installer or from http://fypm.net/xposed/net.fypm.Inst...3)-release.apk

Source: https://github.com/afxefx/InstallerOpt

Screenshots:

InstallerOpt Preferences

Backup Installed Applications

Manage Backups

Changelog:
v.1.0.10.53 - Fixed issue that may cause notification to not show, force English in module will also use English for version info when installing
v.1.0.10.44 - Optimized retrieving preferences from content provider, fixed display issue with toast if you weren't showing both version and version code, reworked restore backup process logic to be more seamless, reworked the way the master switch was implemented as it may not have been respected, translations updates
v.1.0.10.3 - Fixed newline character in Polish translation
v.1.0.10.2 - Fix crashes due to not handling screen rotation correctly, master switch to disable all features without having to reboot, add notification for app install, show current app being parsed when loading backups and applications, add dialog when installing an unknown app, credit to Matsca09/DirectApkInstall, now you don't have to enable Unknown Sources in settings, restoring backups will override same version/version code install cancellation and unknown sources will be enabled for duration of restore process, added filtering in backup/application lists to speed up looking for specific files, fixed sorting by date in backup manager, removed tons of hard coded strings, language translation updates, backup/restore/reset InstallerOpt preferences
v.1.0.9.12 - Fix LG rom issue, misc code cleanup
v.1.0.8.104 - Backup manager with stats on each backup, share backups, backup any installed application, code refactoring and cleanup
v.1.0.7.61 - Fixed issue affected Lollipop devices that caused module to not work, better ROM detection, misc fixes
v.1.0.7.46 - Fixed missing apps issue from previous release, added disable JAR verification, added disable duplicate permission checks, added disable signature verification, added disable permissions check, misc fixes
v.1.0.7.2 - Disable signature checking and verification finally appers to be working, fixed permissions not showing on CM based roms, Chinese translation by aviraxp, code cleanup and refactoring
v.1.0.6.84 - API 15 support added back, force English option, show version info inline made optional just like toast display, more error handling, backup sanity checks added for chosen folder
v.1.0.6.22 - Fixed incorrect method call related to bootReceiver, tweaked Hide FC to automatically dismiss crash dialog and FC app...better but still WIP
v.1.0.5.422 - Backup folder can be chosen now, if backup folder is changed, user is offered to move old backups, saving to external SD cards is now possible (thanks pylerSM), more debugging added, alignment fixes for version info display, misc code cleanup
v1.0.5.88 - Downgrade apps, enable clear data and storage buttons in app info(forgot about this but it been available for a few updates)
v1.0.5.84 - Added option to enable/disable vibrate on auto install complete
v1.0.5.81 - NPE fixed, version info should display on installer dialog, vibrate on install completion if using auto install and auto close install, misc bugs fixed
v.1.0.5 - Version info can be shown on install dialog now, toast is still an option in case you use auto install, backup apks to storage during install, delete apks after install from original location such as Download folder, permission request for external storage when you open the preferences on MM, misc. bug fixes
v.1.04 - Internal testing only, skipped
v.1.0.3 - Completely recoded preferences to fix issues, enabled show version code, added package name toggle to app info by clicking the app label
v1.0.2 - Added open in playstore, dark theme, versioning changes and reduced file size a little more
v1.0 - Added launcher icon hiding, auto uninstall functionality and reduced APK and storage usage by 50%
v0.9 - Added debugging options in preferences, disabled by default
v0.8 - Reverted enabled by default so please open module preferences and enable what you want, fixed an issue that may cause preferences not to load all the time
v0.7 - Enabled both options by default, disable via preferences of module
v0.6 - Added support for com.google.android.packageinstaller
v0.5 - Initial release
The Following 69 Users Say Thank You to 123SIT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 123SIT Ad-Free
11th May 2016, 04:25 PM |#2  
Flag Algiers
Thanks Meter: 257

More
Is there a way to turn off closing application automatically ? I would like to have only version numbers displayed.

Sent from my SM-G925F using XDA-Developers mobile app
11th May 2016, 04:30 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Greenville, NC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lahceneamine

Is there a way to turn off closing application automatically ? I would like to have only version numbers displayed.

It's in the preferences for the module Are you able to download via Xposed Repo?

EDIT: I see the issue with downloading, fat fingered the package name wrong fixing now
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 123SIT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 123SIT Ad-Free
11th May 2016, 04:33 PM |#4  
Flag Algiers
Thanks Meter: 257

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123SIT

It's in the preferences for the module Are you able to download via Xposed Repo?

EDIT: I see the issue with downloading, fat fingered the package name wrong fixing now

Not for now, it shows me error 404.

Edit :
Package name incorrect

11th May 2016, 04:36 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Greenville, NC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lahceneamine

Not for now, it shows me error 404.

Edit :
Package name incorrect

Yeah sorry about that, apparently I can't type today...working on getting it fixed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 123SIT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 123SIT Ad-Free
11th May 2016, 04:50 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Greenville, NC

More
Added direct download link to OP until I can get the xposed repo issue fixed. I also hid the module on the repo to keep people from getting frustrated
The Following User Says Thank You to 123SIT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 123SIT Ad-Free
11th May 2016, 08:55 PM |#7  
Flag Banja Luka RS
Thanks Meter: 2,657

More
Hi, I'm on LG G4 with Stock mod M, root and Xposed.
You can make it compatible please?

Sent from my LG-H815 using XDA Labs
11th May 2016, 09:02 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Greenville, NC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorstiG

Hi, I'm on LG G4 with Stock mod M, root and Xposed.
You can make it compatible please?

Have you tried it and what version if so?
11th May 2016, 09:06 PM |#9  
Flag Banja Luka RS

More
Quote:

Have you tried it and what version if so?

Sorry, yes, the module was tested, unfortunately it does not work. I'm on M 6.0.
Your Modul is from today's (xda Labs)

11th May 2016, 09:25 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Greenville, NC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorstiG

Sorry, yes, the module was tested, unfortunately it does not work. I'm on M 6.0.
Your Mosul is from today's (xda Labs)

Can you download v0.7 from OP, install, reboot and then open preferences to make sure they are enabled and let me know if it works please?
11th May 2016, 09:33 PM |#11  
Flag Banja Luka RS

More
Quote:

Can you download v0.7 from OP, install, reboot and then open preferences to make sure they are enabled and let me know if it works please?

OK

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)