FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[XPOSED] Instant Face Unlock

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 33

By SamwiseStenner, Junior Member on 13th October 2017, 06:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi there!

My first Xposed module, InstantFaceUnlock unlocks your phone the moment your face scan is successful. Usually, once the face scan is complete, you then have to swipe up on the lock screen in order to access your phone. InstantFaceUnlock detects when the face scan is complete, and will automatically dismiss the lockscreen for you.

Features:
- Automatically unlock your phone after face scan is successful
- Works on Lollipop, Marshmallow, and Nougat!
- A sexy UI to help you customise
- You can allow notifications to block auto-unlock, and even which *type* of notification
- You can allow music controllers such as the Spotify to block auto-unlock
- Option for your device to vibrate after auto-unlocking, with customisable duration
- Option to add a delay after auto-unlocking
- Easily enable/disable

Update targets:
- Allow only specific apps to block auto-unlock
- That's all I can think of for now - please leave your suggestions below!

(Yes, I've since been informed that GravityBox offers the same functionality. Nonetheless, it's nice to have as a standalone module, in case you don't want gravity box installed).

Download:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.s....instantunlock

Source Code:
https://github.com/SamStenner/InstantFaceUnlock

Thanks for taking a look, all feedback is appreciated.
Sam
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to SamwiseStenner For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SamwiseStenner Ad-Free

13th October 2017, 11:28 PM |#2  
Greece
Thanks Meter: 37

More
I can't install the apk on miui 8
"there was a problem parsing the parkage" error
14th October 2017, 03:00 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardonhs

I can't install the apk on miui 8
"there was a problem parsing the parkage" error

Hi, sorry to hear that.

As it says in the description, this mod is really only for AOSP, or stock-like ROMs, so I can't guarantee MIUI 8 will be compatible.

Obviously check that you're rooted and that Xposed is installed. I'd also recommend downloading it via the Xposed Module Manager, rather than pushing the APK.

[This is the first failure of the 238 recorded downloads so far, so it's likely something wrong with your device, rather than the APK]

Let me know what happens.
14th October 2017, 03:34 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Thanks,working perfect with latest final RR SDK25 Xposed 88.1

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to psychoela For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift psychoela Ad-Free
14th October 2017, 06:27 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
So, if I got it right, this does require play services right ?
14th October 2017, 09:01 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Pretty good module... I noticed a bug. When I play some music and lock the screen, I need to do extra swipe to unlock the screen. Android version 7.1.2 Xposed 88.1 systemless
14th October 2017, 09:38 AM |#7  
Greece
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseStenner

Hi, sorry to hear that.

As it says in the description, this mod is really only for AOSP, or stock-like ROMs, so I can't guarantee MIUI 8 will be compatible.

Obviously check that you're rooted and that Xposed is installed. I'd also recommend downloading it via the Xposed Module Manager, rather than pushing the APK.

[This is the first failure of the 238 recorded downloads so far, so it's likely something wrong with your device, rather than the APK]

Let me know what happens.

Rooted and Xposed installed i download it via Xposed Module Manager but it failed
(My smart lock - face unlock its working)

Anyway thanks for the module
14th October 2017, 10:22 AM |#8  
Flag Chandigarh
Thanks Meter: 1,178

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseStenner

Thanks for taking a look, all feedback is appreciated.
Sam

Hey bro nice work

Using your module on xposed 88.1 SDK 25 (magisk version by topjohnwu) with Google face unlock on viperos 2.1
Working as described.

I was lucky enough to just open the xposed installer download section a few seconds after you uploaded the module lol.

Btw, any plans to make it open source?
If not, any chance you could make a build with an app UI/activity that gives the option to unlock even when there are notifications?
I seriously don't want to install GBox since it's making my system laggy and I'm just too lazy to make a proper bug report xD

Let us know about open source and the option.
14th October 2017, 01:32 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoela

Thanks,working perfect with latest final RR SDK25 Xposed 88.1

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Labs

Awesome, glad you like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowbone

So, if I got it right, this does require play services right ?

I guess it just has the same requirements as Smart Unlock has. If smart unlock requires play services, then you'll certainly need that before even thinking about using my module. All my module needs is Xposed to be installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyuzva

Pretty good module... I noticed a bug. When I play some music and lock the screen, I need to do extra swipe to unlock the screen. Android version 7.1.2 Xposed 88.1 systemless

Thanks for the feedback! So originally, I had it so it would auto-unlock regardless of what's on the screen. However, I changed it so that if you have notifications on your lock screen, it won't auto-unlock, in case you want to read them; this is why it's not auto-unlocking when you have music playing. I then tried to make it so that if the notifications were non-dismissable (like music) , then it would force unlock anyway. I had trouble implementing that, but I'm going to give it another go today. I may also add options that will let you pick how aggressively you want the auto-unlock to occur. Keep an eye out for updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardonhs

Rooted and Xposed installed i download it via Xposed Module Manager but it failed
(My smart lock - face unlock its working)

Anyway thanks for the module

That's strange, I guess it's to do with your ROM. Sorry about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanish2k09

Hey bro nice work

Using your module on xposed 88.1 SDK 25 (magisk version by topjohnwu) with Google face unlock on viperos 2.1
Working as described.

I was lucky enough to just open the xposed installer download section a few seconds after you uploaded the module lol.

Btw, any plans to make it open source?
If not, any chance you could make a build with an app UI/activity that gives the option to unlock even when there are notifications?
I seriously don't want to install GBox since it's making my system laggy and I'm just too lazy to make a proper bug report xD

Let us know about open source and the option.

Hi, thanks for the positive response!
Yes, I will be working on that today, although I'm very new to this so I'll have to learn how to do it first lol.

I will be uploading all the code to GitHub soon, although I'm completely unfamiliar with it.

Look out for updates within the next few days (an optimistic prediction, might be a week or two!).
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SamwiseStenner For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SamwiseStenner Ad-Free
14th October 2017, 04:43 PM |#10  
Flag Recife
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Working fine here (just some screen random bugs at the first install boot, but idk if it was caused by the module {my screen glass is broken lol}). Resurrection Remix Nougat 7.1 at osprey.

Suggestion: add an user interface to toogle some functions on and off, like: force unlock when have notifications, force unlock when there are just non-dismisseable notifcations e.g. music player, force unlock when screenlock notification hide sensitive content, etc...

Anyway, Thanks for the module
14th October 2017, 11:00 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarconiGRF

Working fine here (just some screen random bugs at the first install boot, but idk if it was caused by the module {my screen glass is broken lol}). Resurrection Remix Nougat 7.1 at osprey.

Suggestion: add an user interface to toogle some functions on and off, like: force unlock when have notifications, force unlock when there are just non-dismisseable notifcations e.g. music player, force unlock when screenlock notification hide sensitive content, etc...

Anyway, Thanks for the module

Hey, glad you like it!
It's funny you should suggest that, I've literally just updated the module with basically everything you just described!
Go check it out and let me know what you think!
The Following User Says Thank You to SamwiseStenner For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SamwiseStenner Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)