FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[XPOSED][Oreo] Settings Editor - Easily add, edit and remove items in Settings

354 posts
Thanks Meter: 311
 
Post Reply Email Thread
25th April 2016, 05:10 PM |#11  
Ms_Julia's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lat 33.942701304464215 Lon -118.40219020843506
Thanks Meter: 332
 
More
The translation into Russian for the free version.
If it is necessary to translate PRO the version, you will provide me strings.xml from version PRO.
As unfortunately, I have no opportunity to buy PRO the application version.
25th April 2016, 05:12 PM |#12  
wilco375's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 311
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugggmenot

Working on my Samsung J5 on LP 5.1.1
it would be great if i could sort items in Settings.
and how should i know a setting fragments codes? any tutorials?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidphilev

Hi,

Immediately bought this as it is amazing!

-As some other users said it would be nice to change the order of items in settings.

-Is there a way to bring a submenu of a setting, let's say: "tethering & hotspot", to the highest level?

-Can we have some more info about "Settings Fragment to launch' please?

As for the Settings Fragment, you're going to have to dive into the source code of the Settings app for that (https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...droid/settings) An example of a fragment is com.android.settings.applications.RunningServices, which launches the running apps screen. I'll see if I can make a more user-friendly way in the next version
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wilco375 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wilco375 Ad-Free
25th April 2016, 05:21 PM |#13  
AndresOrue's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rosario
Thanks Meter: 538
 
Donate to Me
More
Great mod working excellent in my nexus 5 with android 6.01 April update....
The option that you could add is when select an icon it show you the icon packs installed in the phone

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
25th April 2016, 05:21 PM |#14  
SyCoREAPER's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Reaping your Soul
Thanks Meter: 811
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilco375

Thanks for all the feedback! As I can see this app is received very well, so I'll definitely continue developing it! The next step would definitely be drag & drop functionality and thus also the ability to reorder settings. I'm still busy with school, but I have holidays now, so expect there to be a major update within two weeks if everything goes right!

If you need anything (logs, etc..) or a guinea pig to test new versions let me know. Running Stock Rom on Nexus 6P
25th April 2016, 05:26 PM |#15  
Jan Philipp's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag M√ľnster
Thanks Meter: 96
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilco375

Could you please post your Xposed log?

Here it is...
Attached Files
File Type: log xposed_error_20160425_182514.log - [Click for QR Code] (21.3 KB, 48 views)
25th April 2016, 05:34 PM |#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,185
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilco375

As for the Settings Fragment, you're going to have to dive into the source code of the Settings app for that (https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...droid/settings) An example of a fragment is com.android.settings.applications.RunningServices, which launches the running apps screen. I'll see if I can make a more user-friendly way in the next version

Do i only need to fill in the "fragment"? Or also the settings app?

EDIT: tried A LOT of combinations but this isn't working. Settings just crashes it seems.
25th April 2016, 06:02 PM |#17  
Senior Member
Flag Miramas, France
Thanks Meter: 24
 
Donate to Me
More
Hey,
Nice job ! But got some problems
I'm running Sony Marshmallow on xZ5 and I have double items when I add some. Screenshots linked. Will try to get a log ASAP.

Edit : Log posted. Can send settings.apk if you want.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160425-205847.png
Views:	534
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	3730368   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160425-205837.png
Views:	536
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	3730369  
Attached Files
File Type: log xposed_error_20160425_210031.log - [Click for QR Code] (72.9 KB, 24 views)
25th April 2016, 06:25 PM |#18  
Senior Member
Flag Miramas, France
Thanks Meter: 24
 
Donate to Me
More
Also translated strings.xml to FR (French). Zip is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip values-fr.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.3 KB, 24 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _cab13_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift _cab13_ Ad-Free
25th April 2016, 07:26 PM |#19  
Ms_Julia's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lat 33.942701304464215 Lon -118.40219020843506
Thanks Meter: 332
 
More
The translation into Russian for the Pro and Free versions.
25th April 2016, 07:56 PM |#20  
wilco375's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 311
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Philipp

Great idea but it doesn't work with my phone. Maybe the next version...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidphilev

Do i only need to fill in the "fragment"? Or also the settings app?

EDIT: tried A LOT of combinations but this isn't working. Settings just crashes it seems.

Unless you know what the settings fragment is, you're not gonna Have to full anything here. It should be enough to just add a title and category name to make it work, however you can also add an icon to make it look nice and an app to make the item do something on a click. You can look at the YouTube video or the screenshot as an example. If it's still not working you can post your Xposed error log and I'll take a look
25th April 2016, 08:00 PM |#21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,185
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilco375

Unless you know what the settings fragment is, you're not gonna Have to full anything here. It should be enough to just add a title and category name to make it work, however you can also add an icon to make it look nice and an app to make the item do something on a click. You can look at the YouTube video or the screenshot as an example. If it's still not working you can post your Xposed error log and I'll take a look

ok, will give it another try
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, mod, module, settings editor, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes