25th April 2016, 10:31 PM |#31  
Flag Münster
Thanks Meter: 99

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilco375

Could you post your Settings.apk.

I found 2 settings apks. On is named LGSettings.apk and is located in /system/priv-app/, the other one LGEasySettings.apk is located /system/app/

One is attached, second is here in my Google Drive because of ~70 MB.

Big THANX for your work. This module is going to be one of best.
Attached Files
File Type: apk LGEasySettings.apk - [Click for QR Code] (5.23 MB, 16 views)
25th April 2016, 10:50 PM |#32  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 311

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Philipp

I found 2 settings apks. On is named LGSettings.apk and is located in /system/priv-app/, the other one LGEasySettings.apk is located /system/app/

One is attached, second is here in my Google Drive because of ~70 MB.

Big THANX for your work. This module is going to be one of best.

Hmm that's probably why it's not working. Depends on how heavily LG changed the stock Settings app if it's ever (or at least in the near future) supported.
25th April 2016, 11:03 PM |#33  
Flag Münster
Thanks Meter: 99

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Depends on how heavily LG changed the stock Settings app.

Well I think Cloudyfa did much more changes to this apk than LG. I will extract the LG stock apk from an old backup and upload it here, so you can take a look. But now it's 11pm in my timezone, time to sleep.
26th April 2016, 12:20 AM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 894

Donate to Me
More
It adds the apps fine enough on mine, but the icons just show a white square. Though I'm running Samsung's infamously difficult to mod TouchWiz(5.1.1), so I'm sure that's why. Can't seem to find the current settings items for editing either. Only the main apps. I'm guessing I probably need to find out the names of the settings fragments to change the icons on those?

UPDATE: I was able to locate the settings fragments for my device by downloading an app called "Apk Editor" and opening "/xml/dashboard_categories.xml" inside the "settings.apk". Attempting to edit the icon for the fragment doesn't appear to work though unless I'm doing it wrong.

EDIT: Uploaded the settings app for my Samsung device too in case you wanted to take a look at it.
Attached Files
File Type: apk SecSettings2.apk - [Click for QR Code] (9.55 MB, 38 views)
26th April 2016, 07:10 AM |#35  
Flag Knoxville
Thanks Meter: 174

More
I'm seeing reports of this working on Touchwiz, but it's not for me. Vzw s4 5.0.1 . I've been waiting on someone to do this.

Sent from my stang5litre Edition 5.0 using Tapatalk
26th April 2016, 07:17 AM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Excellent module; works like a charm, really looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Really easy to use when paired with floating-window modules (ex: skyolin helper, or XHFW3; see screenshots).

In future builds, can you add a button / option to 'kill settings & relaunch'?

Also, when choosing packages, the app list seems randomly ordered? Please add view app list in alphabetical order.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160425-232010.png
Views:	284
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	3730760   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160425-231519.png
Views:	276
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	3730761  
26th April 2016, 08:29 AM |#37  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogarty

It adds the apps fine enough on mine, but the icons just show a white square. Though I'm running Samsung's infamously difficult to mod TouchWiz(5.1.1), so I'm sure that's why. Can't seem to find the current settings items for editing either. Only the main apps. I'm guessing I probably need to find out the names of the settings fragments to change the icons on those?

UPDATE: I was able to locate the settings fragments for my device by downloading an app called "Apk Editor" and opening "/xml/dashboard_categories.xml" inside the "settings.apk". Attempting to edit the icon for the fragment doesn't appear to work though unless I'm doing it wrong.

EDIT: Uploaded the settings app for my Samsung device too in case you wanted to take a look at it.

In order to edit an icon you should just enter the name of the tile and an icon. You can leave the app and fragment to launch fields empty. It only overwrites non-empty fields. Could you try that?
As for the white icon fields, it's probably trying to hook a method that doesn't exist in Samsung Settings, and thus can't replace the icon. That may also be why changing the icon is not working. Could you post your Xposed Log as well?
26th April 2016, 08:31 AM |#38  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedayismine

Excellent module; works like a charm, really looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Really easy to use when paired with floating-window modules (ex: skyolin helper, or XHFW3; see screenshots).

In future builds, can you add a button / option to 'kill settings & relaunch'?

Also, when choosing packages, the app list seems randomly ordered? Please add view app list in alphabetical order.

I will alphabetically order it in the next version
The gear icon in the top bar should kill and re-launch settings
If this doesn't work for you it may be because you have the settings app in the foreground.
26th April 2016, 08:45 AM |#39  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATGkompressor

I'm seeing reports of this working on Touchwiz, but it's not for me. Vzw s4 5.0.1 . I've been waiting on someone to do this.

Sent from my stang5litre Edition 5.0 using Tapatalk

Could you post your Xposed log
26th April 2016, 09:40 AM |#40  
Flag Knoxville
Thanks Meter: 174

More
Quote:

Could you post your Xposed log

I decompiled the apk and the manifest is showing targetMinVersion=22. Thinking that this is the problem. It also says 5.1.1......Looks like anything below API 22 isn't supported. Thanks for the quick response!
26th April 2016, 10:14 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 894

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

In order to edit an icon you should just enter the name of the tile and an icon. You can leave the app and fragment to launch fields empty. It only overwrites non-empty fields. Could you try that?
As for the white icon fields, it's probably trying to hook a method that doesn't exist in Samsung Settings, and thus can't replace the icon. That may also be why changing the icon is not working. Could you post your Xposed Log as well?

I tried just entering "Wi-Fi" for the name as that's how it appears in Settings, added an icon and removed the app and the fragment, but still no luck. Also, I tried changing the category of the Xposed Installer and the SuperSU that I added to "System" so that they would be added in with my other System ones to see if the icon would then appear, but now it just shows another green icon background instead of the white square. I've attached a log here too as requested.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk
Attached Files
File Type: log xposed_error_20160426_011007.log - [Click for QR Code] (1.47 MB, 4 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, mod, module, settings editor, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)