FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Xposed][Module] SpotifySkip V1.0.2

1,541 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,447

By Thunder07, Recognized Contributor / Inactive Recognized Developer on 21st June 2015, 03:46 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
A small module that replaces a resource value in Spotify to enable tablet mode.
As such it will enable unlimited skips and also allow you to choose the song to play (as oppose to shuffle).

Instruction:
  • Install APK
  • Enable Module
  • Reboot (Soft Reboot)
  • Enjoy The 4am Music Playlist

Though There isn't much to how this module works, I'll release the source code once I get the chance.

.... knowing myself...it could easily be a month,2,3 before i post the code to github... but this is faster.. so here it is.
Code:
public class sskip implements IXposedHookInitPackageResources {

@Override
    public void handleInitPackageResources(XC_InitPackageResources.InitPackageResourcesParam lpparam) throws Throwable {
        if (!lpparam.packageName.equals("com.spotify.music"))
            return;

lpparam.res.setReplacement("com.spotify.music", "bool", "is_tablet", true);

}
}
Code:
ChangeLog:
1.0: inital Release
1.0.1: Fix: no longer compile Xposed Library
1.0.2: Removed appcompat library (not needed, waste of size/space)
Now Available on Xposed Repo.
The Following 60 Users Say Thank You to Thunder07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thunder07 Ad-Free
21st June 2015, 06:57 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Thanks for releasing this, it doesn't seem to work with the spotify 3.1.x betas, or 3.0.x from the playstore, does this only work on older versions?
The Following User Says Thank You to happydish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift happydish Ad-Free
21st June 2015, 07:29 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 779

More
How is this not a breach of the rules of xda and illegal?

Edit: I'm happy if it isn't, I just wonder how that's possible.

Doesn't work for me neither btw.
The Following User Says Thank You to android404 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift android404 Ad-Free
21st June 2015, 07:30 PM |#4  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 944

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by android404

It's not. It just changes the view to tablet mode.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jackos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jackos Ad-Free
21st June 2015, 10:06 PM |#5  
OP Recognized Contributor / Inactive Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by happydish

Thanks for releasing this, it doesn't seem to work with the spotify 3.1.x betas, or 3.0.x from the playstore, does this only work on older versions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by android404

Edit: I'm happy if it isn't, I just wonder how that's possible.

Doesn't work for me neither btw.

I have 3.0.0.1124 and its working fine... I've also just updated to 3.1.0.1093 and that also works.
can you post your xposed log "adb pull /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/log/error.log"
also what phomes are you using, screen size might also be taken into account before enabling tablet mode.

As for the legality, I'm not entirely sure....
This feature while part of the premium package, is also available to tablet users free... with or without this, merely changing the DPI you can enable it.

anyway, ill contact a mod and see what they make of it.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Thunder07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thunder07 Ad-Free
21st June 2015, 11:37 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder07

I have 3.0.0.1124 and its working fine... I've also just updated to 3.1.0.1093 and that also works.
can you post your xposed log "adb pull /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/log/error.log"
also what phomes are you using, screen size might also be taken into account before enabling tablet mode.

As for the legality, I'm not entirely sure....
This feature while part of the premium package, is also available to tablet users free... with or without this, merely changing the DPI you can enable it.

anyway, ill contact a mod and see what they make of it.

Log
Attached Files
File Type: log error.log - [Click for QR Code] (377.4 KB, 606 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to happydish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift happydish Ad-Free
22nd June 2015, 12:42 AM |#7  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by happydish

Log

Thanks, updated APK.
not exactly sure why not getting that error.. I should...
hopefully this fixes it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thunder07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thunder07 Ad-Free
22nd June 2015, 01:05 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder07

Thanks, updated APK.
not exactly sure why not getting that error.. I should...
hopefully this fixes it.

Works, sweet!
25th June 2015, 10:27 PM |#9  
Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 8,917

More
Hey guys,

To clear things up: we're allowing this module to stay on XDA since it only "spoofs" your device to appear as a tablet to Spotify (more importantly, it doesn't remove the ads or provide any other premium features).

Cheers,
The mods ❤
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to GermainZ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GermainZ Ad-Free
3rd July 2015, 02:36 AM |#10  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 34,984

Donate to Me
More
Why exactly is this apk 1mb big? With the source code you posted including some default xposed stuff this should be way smaller than 100kb. Are you generating a release apk? Are you maybe including some (unnecessary) support libraries?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tonyp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tonyp Ad-Free
3rd July 2015, 03:21 AM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyp

Why exactly is this apk 1mb big? With the source code you posted including some default xposed stuff this should be way smaller than 100kb. Are you generating a release apk? Are you maybe including some (unnecessary) support libraries?

i was asking myself the same thing...
but you're right, it was the appcompat library... I tried removing it earlier but kept throwing errors, but just got it to work.
p.s. it's actually 22kb without it *holy cow*

I'm just making sure it works and will publish that now.

Edit:
Thanks for pointing that out, I easily lazy out when things work
Fixed and published.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Thunder07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thunder07 Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread