FORUMS

[XPOSED][5.0+] SecureAccessibility - Accessibility Services with Encryption

27 posts
Thanks Meter: 41

Post Reply Email Thread
SecureAccessibility - Accessibility services or password-on-boot encryption? Pick both!

SecureAccessibility allows you to use accessibility services while still keeping the password-on-boot screen enabled!

If your password-on-boot screen is currently disabled, you will have to reactivate it for SecureAccessibility to work.

Compatible with everything from Kitkat (4.0) all the way to Oreo (8.1)!

If you find a bug, post here or create an issue in the Github issue tracker with your logcat + Xposed logs.

NOT TESTED on heavily modified ROMS (Touchwiz, LG, EMUI, etc...)

Xposed repository link: http://repo.xposed.info/module/xyz.nulldev.secureaccess
Source code: https://github.com/null-dev/SecureAccessibility
Attached Files
File Type: apk sa-v100.apk - [Click for QR Code] (33.8 KB, 3002 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to null-dev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift null-dev Ad-Free
13th November 2016, 06:22 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Flag Waterloo

Donate to Me
More
I managed to name the thread wrong while copy and pasting. Huge derp. It's fixed now.
14th November 2016, 12:30 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Wow I was waiting a module like this a while ago.
13th December 2016, 07:56 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 441

More
Hy, may I ask why would I compromise phone's security if I would have accessibility enabled at the same time as pattern on boot? I'm just trying to understand the problem, I hope you can explain it
13th December 2016, 10:31 AM |#5  
Flag Lecce
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Also i want to know the problem.
13th December 2016, 01:39 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Waterloo

Donate to Me
More
It looks like I was actually wrong. This module may actually improve the security of your phone!

The reason accessibility services disable the password on boot screen is so users that rely on accessibility services to input data don't get locked out. This is because accessibility services are not available early on boot until the user decrypts their phone (they are not usable while entering the boot password).

I got this explanation from here where users are petitioning Google to keep the password on boot screen while having accessibility services enabled (which is what this module does): https://code.google.com/p/android/is...etail?id=79309

By keeping the accessibility services enabled with the password on boot screen, you get the best of both worlds, with no compromise on security.

I have removed the warning from the module descriptions.
The Following User Says Thank You to null-dev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift null-dev Ad-Free
13th December 2016, 06:07 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 934

More
To add to comment #6 above:
Yes, this module has zero security impact.
All it does is prevent Android from disabling the boot encryption password when you enable an accessibility service. Period.

Before I used this module, whenever I turned on an accessibility service, I had to reenable password on boot by resetting my pin, which was a chore.
24th January 2017, 06:51 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fif_

To add to comment #6 above:
Yes, this module has zero security impact.
All it does is prevent Android from disabling the boot encryption password when you enable an accessibility service. Period.

So I won't have any issues if I have to disable xposed after making use of this module for some reason? Just worried I might lock myself out of my phone.
24th January 2017, 01:45 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Flag Waterloo

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkeyway

So I won't have any issues if I have to disable xposed after making use of this module for some reason? Just worried I might lock myself out of my phone.

Yep, nothing will happen.
5th February 2017, 12:16 AM |#10  
Flag Braunschweig
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Great work! Thank u very much!

greetz, brockn
15th September 2017, 05:29 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 934

More
Now that we have a janky Xposed on Nougat, has anyone tried it?
I've looked at the code, it should work, but doesn't on Nougat, Oxygen OS 4.5.10 on OnePlus 5.
No errors in the logs related to this module.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)