Tablet UI was first introduced in Android 3.0. In 4.2 it was phased out in favor of phablet UI, which is basically phone UI stretched for large tablet screen. However, tablet UI was not removed, making it possible to restore it fairly easily.
However, in 4.4 it has been almost completely removed from code, making that impossible. So, TabletKat restores it!
[SIZE="5"]This will most probably not work on custom ROMs. I will still try to provide support where possible.
Known not to work on TouchWiz and Lenovo VibeUI!
- Tablet UI ported from Jelly Bean
- Recents pinned to the left side
- Overlay Recents: floating panel above the current app (4.1 behavior)
- Tablet layout for Launcher2
- Dual-pane settings
There is a high probability that it won't work on any ROM that is different from clean AOSP. If it doesn't work, I'd like to know that so I can fix it.
Xposed repo link:
Source code is available on GitHub: https://github.com/Exalm/tabletkat
- Compatibility with at least some custom ROMs
- Tablet layout for GNL and stock launcher (Search in the top left corner, app drawer in the top right corner, no dock)
- Extended quick settings configuration
rovo89 for his awesome Xposed framework;
mito001 for German translation;
klozz for Spanish translation;
kingkaminari for Brazilian Portuguese translation!