FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Xposed] Twitter AdKiller

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 25
 
By xkip, Junior Member on 3rd July 2019, 10:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, I hate ads as probably you do. I have AdAway and MinMinGuard for many years but a lot of daily apps have much smarter "native" promotions inside. An existing solutions is no longer works, so, I decided to take a look at Xposed development and create my first module.
Twitter AdKiller - removes native promotions from Twitter.
I spend 2 days debugging and reverse engineering Twitter behavior. The app is obfuscated, so it was a hundred times of trial and error.

Similar for Instagram here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpo...iller-t3946295

Tested on:

Twitter 8.11.0.66
Magisk 19.3
EdExposed 0.4.1.2_beta (YAHFA)
Xposed 90.0-v0.4.1.2_beta (YAHFA)

Download:
https://repo.xposed.info/module/ru.xkip.noad.twitter

XDA:DevDB Information
Twitter AdKiller, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
xkip
Source Code: https://github.com/gusarov/TwitterAdKiller

Xposed Package Name: ru.xkip.noad.twitter

Version Information
Status: Testing

Created 2019-07-03
Last Updated 2019-07-06
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to xkip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xkip Ad-Free
 
 
4th July 2019, 09:35 AM |#2  
jordirpz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hospitalet de l Infant
Thanks Meter: 191
 
More
I cant install the module.
Twitter 8.2.1 release 70
Edxposed 90.0 - v.0.4.5.1_beta(4463)YAHFA
Magisk 19.3
4th July 2019, 04:39 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Saint-Petersburg
Thanks Meter: 25
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordirpz

I cant install the module.
Twitter 8.2.1 release 70
Edxposed 90.0 - v.0.4.5.1_beta(4463)YAHFA
Magisk 19.3

Thanks for the feedback. I guess, because apk not been signed. I've uploaded new versions, can you try?
The Following User Says Thank You to xkip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xkip Ad-Free
4th July 2019, 05:41 PM |#4  
jordirpz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hospitalet de l Infant
Thanks Meter: 191
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkip

Thanks for the feedback. I guess, because apk not been signed. I've uploaded new versions, can you try?

thanks, it was installed correctly, and the advertising seems to have disappeared. essential module
4th July 2019, 08:55 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 223
 
More
!edit again!
(clear YouTube cache, uninstall module and reinstall it and it works fine. maybe it was a random bug) after 1 day it crashes again and need to fix it using above method.

crash YouTube Vanced when the module is activated.

Havoc os 2.7
EdXposed v0.4.5.1_beta(4463)
Magisk 19.3
& YouTube Vanced 14.21.54(b01.40.20)
4th July 2019, 11:13 PM |#6  
Komekokos's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Seville
Thanks Meter: 107
 
More
Apparently all fine, I don't see any promoted ads, thank you man

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8+ using XDA Labs
5th July 2019, 10:28 AM |#7  
fijasko's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 139
 
More
this is working great on xiaomi.eu pie, thanks
6th July 2019, 06:54 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 87
 
More
Works just fine here. I also use YouTube Vanced and it didn't break when activating this module.

LG G6 US997, stock Oreo, Xposed 90 b3

Thanks!
8th July 2019, 07:43 AM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
It works! No promotion tweets shown.

However, when I scroll from bottom to top, timeline usually refuses to go down.
As if some promotion tweets being loaded outside of my screen then closed repeatedly.
I guess this is normal behavior but I think it's better if it could get smoother experience.
8th July 2019, 01:08 PM |#10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkip

Hi, I hate ads as probably you do. I have AdAway and MinMinGuard for many years but a lot of daily apps have much smarter "native" promotions inside. An existing solutions is no longer works, so, I decided to take a look at Xposed development and create my first module.
Twitter AdKiller - removes native promotions from Twitter.
I spend 2 days debugging and reverse engineering Twitter behavior. The app is obfuscated, so it was a hundred times of trial and error.

Similar for Instagram here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpo...iller-t3946295

Tested on:

Twitter 8.11.0.66
Magisk 19.3
EdExposed 0.4.1.2_beta (YAHFA)
Xposed 90.0-v0.4.1.2_beta (YAHFA)

Download:
https://repo.xposed.info/module/ru.xkip.noad.twitter

XDA:DevDB Information
Twitter AdKiller, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
xkip
Source Code: https://github.com/gusarov/TwitterAdKiller

Xposed Package Name: ru.xkip.noad.twitter

Version Information
Status: Testing

Created 2019-07-03
Last Updated 2019-07-06

thx u sir u r the greatest hooman in this world !
works fine on redmi 4x Pie

this is what iam looking for

u should got noble sir !
16th July 2019, 02:59 PM |#11  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
iam sorry sir
i want to ask about this great module

is this module kill the ads ?

or

just hiding it from our view ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes