Thanks Meter: 2,388

By pyler, Senior Member on 21st August 2015, 04:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th August 2015, 02:01 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by defim

Imho the app developers should update their apps. There are new permissions like PACKAGE_USAGE_STATS. I checked wiht an M emulator my apps (non-xposed & non-root apps) TaskManager and KeepRunning and they still work without this module

Is that a yes or no?
25th August 2015, 04:31 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member

More
PackageUsageStats is not same as getRecentTasks. I doubt you can get same info from PUS as in getRecentTasks in pre-LP.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pyler For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pyler Ad-Free
7th September 2015, 08:39 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Hi,

May I ask what you mean by giving the example of Greenify? What exactly is the shortcoming with Greenify in L in contrast to pre-L?
I was following their change logs and it seems to me that there is nothing Greenify nowadays couldn't do in L. What am I missing?

I am just asking, because I am not sure why and whether I should install this module as a Greenify (beta) user.
Wouldn't it be easier to introduce your fix in their own code?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vankog For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vankog Ad-Free
17th September 2015, 03:24 PM |#14  
Flag Upstate NY
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Modify module to work for only one app?
I'm wondering how I could modify this module to make it so that it only works for one particular app (Last App Switcher). I like the idea of Android preventing third party apps from getting my recent app details, but I also miss using LAS.

I'm thinking that in the call to XposedBridge.hookAllMethods() I could replace the third argument XC_MethodReplacement.returnConstant(true) with a instance of XC_MethodHook that checks the calling app's package name and if it matches the package I want to target (com.abhi.lastappswitcher) then it would return true, otherwise it would call the standard Android isGetTasksAllowed function normally. I've never done any Xposed development though so I'm not sure I'm going about it the right way.
23rd November 2015, 09:00 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 1,193

More
Hi @pyler,

Is this module still needed in Android M for apps like Greenify?

Thanks
Phil
The Following User Says Thank You to Droidphilev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidphilev Ad-Free
23rd December 2015, 08:10 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 1,535

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidphilev

Hi @pyler,

Is this module still needed in Android M for apps like Greenify?

Thanks
Phil

I want to know that too
31st May 2016, 10:12 PM |#17  
Flag melbourne
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Anymore info on this? Im on g900i lolipop.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using XDA Labs
24th June 2016, 06:54 PM |#18  
Flag Aalst
Thanks Meter: 593

More
Needed for Marshmallow? Thx

Sent from my lightning fast SM-G930F (S7)
24th June 2016, 07:25 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member

More
No, since many devs already use new APIs.. If you have old app, not updated for LP/MM, this maybe needed for full app functionality.
10th January 2017, 02:47 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
A fantastic module, some apps still require this to work, an app from myself for myself for example: RAMTool https://tiziocaio.store.aptoide.com/...96519/RAM+Tool
Since my app analyzes recent and running apps and on a regular interval, I fear that using UsageStatsManager will degrade performance, I am afraid that the cpu will be more stressed.
Rewriting my code to get worse perfornce than before doesn't make me happy ...that's probably the reason i hadn't yet wrote it.
Are my fears unfounded?
9th May 2017, 12:12 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 288

More
Request @pyler would it be possible to create a module like this for magisk to run in Nougat? Would be great if you could make it work
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)