Thanks Meter: 46,283

By M66B, Recognized Developer on 12th June 2013, 10:04 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Announcement from M66B: XPrivacy has been succeeded by XPrivacyLua
31st March 2019, 06:04 PM |#18741  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 25

More
But my Galaxy Note original doesn't "support" Android "Q", or 5 or whatever. It won't go higher than 4.1.2, which actually works just fine for me.

So am I now to be left with my privacy unprotected?

I don't need "support", I just want XPrivacy to keep working on my device. Will it?
31st March 2019, 06:06 PM |#18742  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by syncopath

But my Galaxy Note original doesn't support Android "Q", or 5 or whatever. It won't go higher than 4.1.2, which actually works just fine for me.

So am I now to be left with my privacy unprotected?

I don't need "support", I just want XPrivacy to keep working on my device. Will it?

You can keep using XPrivacy, but it won't be supported anymore.
The Following User Says Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2019, 08:10 PM |#18743  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

You can keep using XPrivacy, but it won't be supported anymore.

Please send me true link xposed for my device
Samsung galaxy grand prime sm-G531H
27th April 2019, 08:11 PM |#18744  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entehaye Khat1

Please send me true link xposed for my device
Samsung galaxy grand prime sm-G531H

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/

Edit: your device will likely have Android 5 Lollipop.
23rd May 2019, 01:38 AM |#18745  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
I am still actively using XPrivacy Classic on my Android 5.0.1. I did look at the new version, but it does not have a lot of the on demand and granular control that xprivacy does.

I totally understand that you would like to stop supporting Xprivacy.

But what would the harm be in keeping this forum open so that we can support each other and have just one place to search for help?

I mean, this thread has a TON of pages and a huge amount of resources.

For example, just a few months ago I started seeing a problem and another user offered some very helpful information:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpo...3/post78893240

And if this forum was closed, I would not have been able to post my problem or have it at least reach the right eyes of someone who could possibly help.

So, please keep this thread/forum open and we will understand that you will be no longer monitoring it.
23rd May 2019, 07:53 PM |#18746  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCody

I am still actively using XPrivacy Classic on my Android 5.0.1. I did look at the new version, but it does not have a lot of the on demand and granular control that xprivacy does.

I totally understand that you would like to stop supporting Xprivacy.

But what would the harm be in keeping this forum open so that we can support each other and have just one place to search for help?

I mean, this thread has a TON of pages and a huge amount of resources.

For example, just a few months ago I started seeing a problem and another user offered some very helpful information:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpo...3/post78893240

And if this forum was closed, I would not have been able to post my problem or have it at least reach the right eyes of someone who could possibly help.

So, please keep this thread/forum open and we will understand that you will be no longer monitoring it.

As developer and thread starter I am responsible for this thread, so I am not going to leave this thread open without monitoring it.

I am planning to close this thread and stop supporting XPrivacy completely with the release of Android Q beta 4 next month.
23rd May 2019, 08:01 PM |#18747  

More
Quote:

As developer and thread starter I am responsible for this thread, so I am not going to leave this thread open without monitoring it.

I am planning to close this thread and stop supporting XPrivacy completely with the release of Android Q beta 4 next month.

Understand - you need to keep monitoring this thread for things like abuse I'm guessing.

But why can't you keep it open with the understanding that you will not reply to any direct support requests?

There appears to be many people still using this app, and like I mentioned, users could support each other if this thread is left open - I don't understand why you wouldn't want to let user's support each other?
23rd May 2019, 08:10 PM |#18748  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:

Understand - you need to keep monitoring this thread for things like abuse I'm guessing.

But why can't you keep it open with the understanding that you will not reply to any direct support requests?

There appears to be many people still using this app, and like I mentioned, users could support each other if this thread is left open - I don't understand why you wouldn't want to let user's support each other?

I don't want to monitor this thread for the few people that are still using XPrivacy.
23rd May 2019, 08:43 PM |#18749  

More
Quote:

I don't want to monitor this thread for the few people that are still using XPrivacy.

I must be missing something and I apologize if I am..But my understanding is that you don't have to spend any time to keep logging into and viewing this thread on a regular basis because that would be a total waste of time.

But, won't you get an email when someone posts something in this thread and wont the email also have the contents of the post so you don't even have to login to see it?

So if there is truly only a few users still using this app, then I can't imagine you receiving any more then one or two emails a month, so that shouldn't take up hardly any of your time.
23rd May 2019, 08:51 PM |#18750  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:

I must be missing something and I apologize if I am..But my understanding is that you don't have to spend any time to keep logging into and viewing this thread on a regular basis because that would be a total waste of time.

But, won't you get an email when someone posts something in this thread and wont the email also have the contents of the post so you don't even have to login to see it?

So if there is truly only a few users still using this app, then I can't imagine you receiving any more then one or two emails a month, so that shouldn't take up hardly any of your time.

It is not about time. XPrivacy will not be supported anymore, which was the main reason for opening this thread.

You can always open a new thread to support each other, without my involvement.
23rd May 2019, 09:00 PM |#18751  

More
Quote:

It is not about time. XPrivacy will not be supported anymore, which was the main reason for opening this thread.

You can always open a new thread to support each other, without my involvement.

My intention is not to be difficult, but really, how is anyone subscribed to this thread going to see any posts made by other Xprivacy users? That is definitely not workable.

I'm not asking you to support xprivacy anymore - just ignore the posts asking for help - simple.

I depend on this app everyday, so much so that I purchased it to support your work.

All I am asking is to keep this thread open so it will be EASY for us existing users to support each other.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
privacy, xposed, xprivacy
Previous Thread Next Thread