By M66B, Recognized Developer on 12th June 2013, 10:04 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Announcement from M66B: XPrivacy has been succeeded by XPrivacyLua
23rd May 2019, 08:43 PM |#18751  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

I don't want to monitor this thread for the few people that are still using XPrivacy.

I must be missing something and I apologize if I am..But my understanding is that you don't have to spend any time to keep logging into and viewing this thread on a regular basis because that would be a total waste of time.

But, won't you get an email when someone posts something in this thread and wont the email also have the contents of the post so you don't even have to login to see it?

So if there is truly only a few users still using this app, then I can't imagine you receiving any more then one or two emails a month, so that shouldn't take up hardly any of your time.

23rd May 2019, 08:51 PM |#18752  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 34,970

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCody

I must be missing something and I apologize if I am..But my understanding is that you don't have to spend any time to keep logging into and viewing this thread on a regular basis because that would be a total waste of time.

But, won't you get an email when someone posts something in this thread and wont the email also have the contents of the post so you don't even have to login to see it?

So if there is truly only a few users still using this app, then I can't imagine you receiving any more then one or two emails a month, so that shouldn't take up hardly any of your time.

It is not about time. XPrivacy will not be supported anymore, which was the main reason for opening this thread.

You can always open a new thread to support each other, without my involvement.
23rd May 2019, 09:00 PM |#18753  

More
Quote:

It is not about time. XPrivacy will not be supported anymore, which was the main reason for opening this thread.

You can always open a new thread to support each other, without my involvement.

My intention is not to be difficult, but really, how is anyone subscribed to this thread going to see any posts made by other Xprivacy users? That is definitely not workable.

I'm not asking you to support xprivacy anymore - just ignore the posts asking for help - simple.

I depend on this app everyday, so much so that I purchased it to support your work.

All I am asking is to keep this thread open so it will be EASY for us existing users to support each other.
23rd May 2019, 09:05 PM |#18754  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:

My intention is not to be difficult, but really, how is anyone subscribed to this thread going to see any posts made by other Xprivacy users? That is definitely not workable.

I'm not asking you to support xprivacy anymore - just ignore the posts asking for help - simple.

I depend on this app everyday, so much so that I purchased it to support your work.

All I am asking is to keep this thread open so it will be EASY for us existing users to support each other.

If you create a new thread, you can link it here, so it can easily be found.
23rd May 2019, 09:12 PM |#18755  

More
Quote:

If you create a new thread, you can link it here, so it can easily be found.

That could work but only if the link to the new "unofficial XPrivacy support" is the very last post before the thread is closed so it will be easy found and not hidden higher in the thread.

So, after you close this thread, can I contact you with a link to the new thread and you'll be able to place that link in the very last post of this thread?
23rd May 2019, 09:15 PM |#18756  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:

That could work but only if the link to the new "unofficial XPrivacy support" is the very last post before the thread is closed so it will be easy found and not hidden higher in the thread.

So, after you close this thread, can I contact you with a link to the new thread and you'll be able to place that link in the very last post of this thread?

Just create the thread, link it here and I will close this thread.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2019, 09:23 PM |#18757  

More
New User-User Support Thread
Here is the new Unofficial support thread for XPrivacy going forward:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpo...ivacy-t3933013
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JohnCody For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JohnCody Ad-Free
24th May 2019, 07:47 AM |#18758  
OP Recognized Developer

More
XPrivacy EOL
XPrivacy has been around for about 6 years, which is about an eternity in IT, but all good things come to an end.

The bad news is that I will close this thread and ending support of XPrivacy after submitting this comment.

The good news is that XPrivacy has been succeeded by XPrivacyLua.

The latest version of XPrivacy "classic" will stay available for download.

You can continue to discuss about XPrivacy in this unofficial support thread.

Goodbye XPrivacy.
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
privacy, xposed, xprivacy
Previous Thread Next Thread