12th June 2013, 05:41 PM |#21  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 6,536

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

If you see orange triangles XPrivacy is in any case working.
Maybe your settings layout is different, so that XPrivacy cannot hook into it.
This is not a big problem, because you can access all settings from the app too.
You can do me a pleasure by sending a logcat, starting from the moment your device boots, so I may be able to figure out why this (not) happens.

Ok Thanks, I'll get a logcat for you later when I'm in front of my computer(I'm out to lunch right now)

12th June 2013, 07:07 PM |#22  
Flag Trutnov
Thanks Meter: 124

More
Is this module functional on Xperia line 2011, with latest ICS (custom, based on stock) ?
When i try to install, i see "error analysis" and apk not installed.
Sorry maybe for incorrect name of error, i don´t have phone in english language.
12th June 2013, 07:09 PM |#23  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 34,173

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyBOY78

Is this module functional on Xperia line 2011, with latest ICS (custom, based on stock) ?
When i try to install, i see "error analysis" and apk not installed.
Sorry maybe for incorrect name of error, i don´t have phone in english language.

It will work only on Android 4.1+ (JellyBean).
The Following User Says Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2013, 07:36 PM |#24  
OP Recognized Developer

More
I have just uploaded beta version 0.12 to goo.im.
See the changelog and upgrading sections.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2013, 09:08 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 495

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

It will work only on Android 4.1+ (JellyBean).

You should probably edit the thread title to reflect this as it currently reads "[4.0+]." May help avoid further confusion .
The Following User Says Thank You to defiant07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift defiant07 Ad-Free
12th June 2013, 09:24 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 241

More
Wow, looks great. Will test ASAP and report back
13th June 2013, 02:12 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 1,299

Donate to Me
More
While afwall+ and other iptable related firewall solutions work overall they are not going to allow me to stop one particular app from having net access. For example the screebl beta app which keeps the screen on when you are holding the phone up....requires internet? After some research I realize it's because it checks for updates but that's not something I need/want it to do so I'd normally block internet for that app....I do that with LBE Security Manager but the memory footprint is unkind to 512mb devices...I believe pdroid can provide this feature as well but it seems to be the one thing missing from xprivacy and by intention it appears based on your faq. Is it something you'd reconsider? iptables can control incoming and outgoing ports and internet as a whole but it's not going to allow you to tell certain apps they can NEVER see the net...or at least that's my understanding subject to clarification.

In any case great work!
13th June 2013, 04:30 AM |#28  
Flag Milwaukee WI
Thanks Meter: 93

Donate to Me
More
It works exactly like that. You can firewall a specific app from accessing the internet while keeping the rest OK.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
13th June 2013, 08:16 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Thanks for this brilliant piece of software. So far I've only noticed two issues using Xprivacy. I'm on stock rooted Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 4.1.2 kernel. Using latest Xposed and Xprivacy 0.12, patched with the CM patch.

1. In Google Play Store 4.1.10, when going to 'my apps', scrolling is very sluggish, and updating the apps from there manually makes the store app almost completely unresponsive, to the extent that progress bars will appear stuck and the interface becomes exceedingly slow. It appears Xprivacy is flooding the logs at this point. This makes the update process difficult to use. Xprivacy also appears to wait for you to review the app settings before proceeding to the next update, irrespective of whether the app has preferences set already.

2. This may affect other apps requesting location data, but I've noticed it in Facebook. It requests a GPS fix, and once that is available it'll keep cycling through random locations really fast, about one or two every second. Is that normal behaviour?
The Following User Says Thank You to cobaltdr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cobaltdr Ad-Free
13th June 2013, 08:56 AM |#30  
Flag Herzogenrath
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobaltdr

1. In Google Play Store 4.1.10, when going to 'my apps', scrolling is very sluggish, and updating the apps from there manually makes the store app almost completely unresponsive, to the extent that progress bars will appear stuck and the interface becomes exceedingly slow. It appears Xprivacy is flooding the logs at this point. This makes the update process difficult to use. Xprivacy also appears to wait for you to review the app settings before proceeding to the next update, irrespective of whether the app has preferences set already.

Can confirm this +1
13th June 2013, 09:11 AM |#31  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobaltdr

Thanks for this brilliant piece of software. So far I've only noticed two issues using Xprivacy. I'm on stock rooted Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 4.1.2 kernel. Using latest Xposed and Xprivacy 0.12, patched with the CM patch.

2. This may affect other apps requesting location data, but I've noticed it in Facebook. It requests a GPS fix, and once that is available it'll keep cycling through random locations really fast, about one or two every second. Is that normal behaviour?

1. I am working on this, stay tuned.
2. This is normal behavior, apparently your GPS reports a location about every one/two seconds. XPrivacy just changes the location reported.

Thanks for your report!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
privacy, xposed, xprivacy

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)