Post Reply Email Thread
7th January 2018, 09:21 AM |#101  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bergisches Land
Thanks Meter: 3,120

More
@M66B

a suggestion regarding the UI:

If possible, it would be nice to completely restrict an app by clicking on the checkbox next to the app name (the one which gets a grey check mark if only some categories are restricted). I think, XPrivacy has a similar feature, if I am correct. So my idea would be like: clicking on the main checkbox restricts/unrestricts all categories for the selected app at once.
7th January 2018, 10:25 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Record audio
Hello, first sorry for my bad english

I have been playing around with your great App

I Restricted WhatsApp to record audio and rebooted my phone but in my Test nothing happens and WhatsApp is still recording Audio messages.
7th January 2018, 10:25 AM |#103  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 45,518

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portgas D. Ace

@M66B

a suggestion regarding the UI:

If possible, it would be nice to completely restrict an app by clicking on the checkbox next to the app name (the one which gets a grey check mark if only some categories are restricted). I think, XPrivacy has a similar feature, if I am correct. So my idea would be like: clicking on the main checkbox restricts/unrestricts all categories for the selected app at once.

In my opinion you need to review first which restrictions are applied and which are not applied. It is reasonable to assume there was a good reason for that in the first place. I am aware this might be inconvenient when new restrictions are being added in new versions, but even those need to reviewed first. The goal is to keep the user interface as simple as possible both from code and user's perspective and this would add complexity without a good reason.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th January 2018, 10:29 AM |#104  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 45,518

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by h3xc0r3

Hello, first sorry for my bad english

I have been playing around with your great App

I Restricted WhatsApp to record audio and rebooted my phone but in my Test nothing happens and WhatsApp is still recording Audio messages.

Then we have to figure out which Android APIs WhatsApp is using for audio recording.

Currently the following two APIs can be restricted:
If you provide a logcat I will check if everything is okay.

Edit: are you sure there was audio recorded and not only silence?
The Following User Says Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th January 2018, 10:50 AM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Record audio
First, thank you for the quick reply

I have tested it again and it was recording all my words perfectly
Then ive tested it with the messenger Viber:

Nothing was recorded and the record button in Viber doesn't work .... very good

between my tests i always restarted my phone to guarantee that your app will work well

By the way I have tested in WhatsApp The get Location restriction, this also works perfectly i have tested it now three times and it works without reboot and works perfectly
The Following User Says Thank You to h3xc0r3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift h3xc0r3 Ad-Free
7th January 2018, 11:26 AM |#106  
Flag 127.0.0.1
Thanks Meter: 269

More
To those that wish to block specific hosts, unbelovedhosts module should do the trick, or add domains to block in adaway.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Magissia For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Magissia Ad-Free
7th January 2018, 11:46 AM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
THANKS sooo much for continuing the Xprivacy project.
Definitly made my day! I was till now still on Android6, just to be able to use Xprivacy. I am so thankful for your work! Without Xprivacy i wouldn't use a Android device / would have to use only open-source software. Still use 95% open-source, but some services/apps are not available as open-source : /

Would be happy about Screenshots somewhere, if possible.

Is it possible to import settings in XprivacyLua which where exported in Xprivacy?

Again: Thank u so much.
7th January 2018, 12:13 PM |#108  
Flag England
Thanks Meter: 1,223

More
Coming from Xprivacy Pro (I donated about 2 years ago) it's great to see this app has now been given life beyond Marshmallow. Without XPrivacy moving to Nougat and beyond, moving off Marshmallow wasn't really something that appealed so once the more important restrictions are available, I now have the option to do so. For me, the 'Information' restriction was probably my most used to stop the serial number and android id etc, along with Location and Account Info. Two of them are already there which is fantastic, I'll just wait for the other and move over.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beefheart For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Beefheart Ad-Free
7th January 2018, 01:58 PM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
@M66B, how cool is this: the old xprivacy(pro) had ask to randomize the xprivacylua as soon as I have installed it. Man, the original xprivacy is keep doing an awesome job on my op3 with android 6 (which I didn't upgraded to android 7 exactly for this reason: no xprivacy on 7).
But now, finally, looking forward to have a great working xprivacylua, so I can finally upgrade to 7 or higher. Keep up the good work, xprivacy was my main reason to switch from iPhone to Android couple of years ago!

(Btw, is it going to be any way to keep the Pro when changing from old xprivacyPro to the new exprivacyluaPro, or do we have to get a new Pro version for xprivacylua?)
7th January 2018, 02:45 PM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul2992

@M66B, how cool is this: the old xprivacy(pro) had ask to randomize the xprivacylua as soon as I have installed it. Man, the original xprivacy is keep doing an awesome job on my op3 with android 6 (which I didn't upgraded to android 7 exactly for this reason: no xprivacy on 7).
But now, finally, looking forward to have a great working xprivacylua, so I can finally upgrade to 7 or higher. Keep up the good work, xprivacy was my main reason to switch from iPhone to Android couple of years ago!

(Btw, is it going to be any way to keep the Pro when changing from old xprivacyPro to the new exprivacyluaPro, or do we have to get a new Pro version for xprivacylua?)

Just buy the pro version of XprivacyLua to support him
7th January 2018, 04:30 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 227

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul2992

Quote:
Originally Posted by lekronop

Just buy the pro version of XprivacyLua to support him

there is a "PRO" version already???
wow that's Awesome...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)