Thanks Meter: 36,913

By M66B, Recognized Developer on 5th January 2018, 04:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th August 2019, 11:38 AM |#4561  
Thanks Meter: 819

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

The slowness is likely being caused by EdXposed. In any case XPrivacyLua works exactly the same on all supported Android versions.

Is this "slowness" when apps open (if at all for me) what you and FiF were referring to? This has been a huge issue for me on the OP6t on the OmniRom/Treskmod.

Everything worked perfect on stock and on Pixel Experience but unusable on OmniRom for me so I switched to Havoc rom and XPL works mostly okay but would rather be on Omni.

If that's what you both were referring to, does that mean I should switch from Sandhook to Yahfa? Also have the pro app. XPL 1.25

Edit: according to the log in the pro companion, the apps like Instagram were hanging when restricted yet show no logs in Pro like it had never been opened

13th August 2019, 12:20 PM |#4562  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh McGrath

Is this "slowness" when apps open (if at all for me) what you and FiF were referring to? This has been a huge issue for me on the OP6t on the OmniRom/Treskmod.

Everything worked perfect on stock and on Pixel Experience but unusable on OmniRom for me so I switched to Havoc rom and XPL works mostly okay but would rather be on Omni.

If that's what you both were referring to, does that mean I should switch from Sandhook to Yahfa? Also have the pro app. XPL 1.25

Edit: according to the log in the pro companion, the apps like Instagram were hanging when restricted yet show no logs in Pro like it had never been opened

I have nothing to add to "The slowness is likely being caused by EdXposed. In any case XPrivacyLua works exactly the same on all supported Android versions". In other words, this is most probably not caused by XPrivacyLua, but by (Ed)Xposed, so I cannot fix/improve this. This is supported by the fact it works properly on one ROM and not on the other.
The Following User Says Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th August 2019, 10:26 AM |#4563  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi,
I installed xprivacylua pro on my nexus 5X with lineageOS 8.1.1 and during the testing I came across an issue: I restricted both browsers, chrome and mozilla to see how it work. I run whoer.net and still it showed exactly device and OS im working with.
Shouldnt it return fake data?
Is there any way to changer device fingerprint?
15th August 2019, 10:28 AM |#4564  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsyntex

Hi,
I installed xprivacylua pro on my nexus 5X with lineageOS 8.1.1 and during the testing I came across an issue: I restricted both browsers, chrome and mozilla to see how it work. I run whoer.net and still it showed exactly device and OS im working with.
Shouldnt it return fake data?
Is there any way to changer device fingerprint?

If you are using EdXposed, you can try to enable the user agent hook using the pro companion app.
Note that this hook causes problems with classic Xposed, which is why it is disabled by default.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th August 2019, 11:44 AM |#4565  

More
Quote:

If you are using EdXposed, you can try to enable the user agent hook using the pro companion app.
Note that this hook causes problems with classic Xposed, which is why it is disabled by default.

Appreciate such a light speed answer!
through the hook definitions I enabled build.fingerprint with specific value(userstring). I turned it on in global values->collection section
Now when I run any app to check fingerprint it return: "unkhown" and the origin user agent string
U said classic xposed, is there a way to do it otherwise and make it work?
15th August 2019, 11:47 AM |#4566  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:

through the hook definitions I enabled build.fingerprint with specific value(userstring). I turned it on in global values->collection section
Now when I run any app to check fingerprint it return: "unkhown" and the origin user agent string

Due to a never solved bug in Xposed it cannot work with Xposed and there is no workaround for that.
15th August 2019, 12:16 PM |#4567  

More
Quote:

Due to a never solved bug in Xposed it cannot work with Xposed and there is no workaround for that.

im sure u investigated this bug before and u ve detailed info about it.
Can u send me those details? I'll give it a try with nice word and donation maybe
15th August 2019, 12:16 PM |#4568  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:

Already did this but it still detect device type & build
15th August 2019, 12:16 PM |#4569  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:

im sure u investigated this bug before and u ve detailed info about it.
Can u send me those details? I'll give it a try with nice word and donation maybe

Yes, I can: https://github.com/rovo89/Xposed/issues/325
15th August 2019, 12:17 PM |#4570  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dope77

Already did this but it still detect device type & build

You can try the hook definitions in the repository to hide the device type / build info.
15th August 2019, 12:52 PM |#4571  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:

You can try the hook definitions in the repository to hide the device type / build info.

i have the fif collection installed ,restrictions works just fine except on chrome , if i go to chrome settings then about ,it can still detect the device build and type,is it normal or i'm missing something
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)