Post Reply Email Thread
29th August 2019, 06:12 PM |#4631  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 38,677

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dope77

-No longer having warranty

At least in the EU this is not true, although the manufacturers try to let you believe this. This is only true if the hardware was damaged due to rooting your device.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th August 2019, 07:14 PM |#4632  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

At least in the EU this is not true, although the manufacturers try to let you believe this. This is only true if the hardware was damaged due to rooting your device.

i'm just talking in general,besides, i don't really care about warranty as much as i value my privacy, when i first bought my phone ,i only installed whatsapp and netguard (installed them on another phone and sent them to my phone ,didn't want to set up google before running xprivacy nor connect to internet without a firewall)bcz it wasn't possible to root that device without using custom kernel (no root means no xprivacy so i didn't install anything )
i know it might sound weird but meh, i like my privacy,you're a life saver
The Following User Says Thank You to dope77 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dope77 Ad-Free
29th August 2019, 08:58 PM |#4633  
Thanks Meter: 224

More
I think we talking about privacy here are not on the same page with the people addressing the issues with Root/Xposed in those other threads. This is simply a question of threat model.

Magisk, Xposed and XPL all increase attack surface and worsen the consequences when compromised. But protecting against apps that actively try to harm your device isn't the goal here (and IMO, untrusted apps should only be run in a VM anyways).
The actual goal is to regain control over system and app behavior from apps try to harvest user data. And for that it's more effective than anything besides refraining from using a smartphone.
Everybody has got to decide themselves whether the reward is worth the risk.
The Following User Says Thank You to Namnodorel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Namnodorel Ad-Free
1st September 2019, 04:37 PM |#4634  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
@M66B i was searching for a way to randomize mac address on each connect, apparently android pie has this feature but for some reason i can't find this on my device (saw a lot of people who have this feature missing).

Could this be done using xpl? If not, could this be implemented in future releases or not possible.
1st September 2019, 04:39 PM |#4635  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dope77

@M66B i was searching for a way to randomize mac address on each connect, apparently android pie has this feature but for some reason i can't find this on my device (saw a lot of people who have this feature missing).

Could this be done using xpl? If not, could this be implemented in future releases or not possible.

Take a look into the hook definition repository.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st September 2019, 05:05 PM |#4636  
Thanks Meter: 821

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fif_

If I were to go ahead I'd probably create yet another group "Read battery saver" because I'd want to control the saver separately from the "Read battery" group that covers battery level, charge count and power status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Groot!

So glad to hear from you!

Only one hook was needed, and it has been in the repo since yesterday.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fif_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Fif_ Ad-Free
1st September 2019, 06:27 PM |#4637  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 333

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fif_

Only one hook was needed, and it has been in the repo since yesterday.

Appreciate your support
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to beeshyams For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift beeshyams Ad-Free
2nd September 2019, 10:19 PM |#4638  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
@Fif_
Thank you once again!

How come every developer on XPL project is so freaking fast?

I think I am gonna call it the "@M66B Effect!"

You are infecting everyone here Marcel! Keep your good vibes under control or I will have to request @Fif_ to define a definition for that!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to I am Groot! For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift I am Groot! Ad-Free
3rd September 2019, 06:38 AM |#4639  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Groot!;80172937 [MENTION=5297163

Fif_
Thank you once again!

How come every developer on XPL project is so freaking fast?

I think I am gonna call it the "@M66B Effect!"

You are infecting everyone here Marcel! Keep your good vibes under control or I will have to request @Fif_ to define a definition for that!

Sometimes I do sleep and I guess @Fif_ does too

I am just glad custom hook definitions are usefully used.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2019, 07:35 AM |#4640  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
YHAFA EdXposed is crashing on me while trying to load xlua. Any ideas?
3rd September 2019, 07:43 AM |#4641  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbcontt

YHAFA EdXposed is crashing on me while trying to load xlua. Any ideas?

(Ed)Xposed crashes cannot be fixed by XPrivacyLua, so you'll need to fix this by using another (Ed)Xposed version or another hooking algorithm like Sandhook.
The Following User Says Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)