By M66B, Recognized Developer on 5th January 2018, 04:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd September 2019, 07:43 AM |#4641  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 37,808

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbcontt

YHAFA EdXposed is crashing on me while trying to load xlua. Any ideas?

(Ed)Xposed crashes cannot be fixed by XPrivacyLua, so you'll need to fix this by using another (Ed)Xposed version or another hooking algorithm like Sandhook.
The Following User Says Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]

4th September 2019, 05:43 AM |#4642  
Thanks Meter: 835

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbcontt

YHAFA EdXposed is crashing on me while trying to load xlua. Any ideas?

Sometimes it's just better to start from step 1 in these issues. Edxposed seems kinda buggy but still beats regular Xposed.

As stated above, try the different version first. I had the same issue and it also seems to depend on certain roms. For example I couldn't even use XPL on Omnirom because of an Edxposed bug on both versions.
The Following User Says Thank You to Josh McGrath For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Josh McGrath Ad-Free
4th September 2019, 04:30 PM |#4643  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
i had xposed running on android 8.1 with xlua installed ,i could barely notice any slowdowns,now on android 9 i have edxposed, apps take 7-8 seconds to open. (besides edxposed causing a lot of conflicts with other magisk modules)
of course i'm not blaming xlua (i'm using same restrictions i used on 8.1),so i was searching for edxposed alternatives for android 9 and i found TaiChi.
has anyone tested or knows if it's reliable?
4th September 2019, 04:38 PM |#4644  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dope77

i had xposed running on android 8.1 with xlua installed ,i could barely notice any slowdowns,now on android 9 i have edxposed, apps take 7-8 seconds to open. (besides edxposed causing a lot of conflicts with other magisk modules)
of course i'm not blaming xlua (i'm using same restrictions i used on 8.1),so i was searching for edxposed alternatives for android 9 and i found TaiChi.

It is closed source, so be careful.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2019, 04:43 PM |#4645  
Thanks Meter: 810

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dope77

Have you tried other EdXposed variants (Yahfa vs sandhook, old versions)?
While EdXposed can be temperamental, it's the only open-source Xposed implementation for Nougat and later.
Beyond Taichi, there's also VirtualXposed, but it has some limitations. Both are closed source.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fif_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Fif_ Ad-Free
5th September 2019, 10:50 AM |#4646  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fif_

Have you tried other EdXposed variants (Yahfa vs sandhook, old versions)?
While EdXposed can be temperamental, it's the only open-source Xposed implementation for Nougat and later.
Beyond Taichi, there's also VirtualXposed, but it has some limitations. Both are closed source.

Tried them both(yahfa/sandhook) , no difference.
7th September 2019, 06:47 AM |#4647  
Flag Bhubaneswar
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Does XPrivacyLua and Pro work even when not launched? I mean not even in the Recents menu? Also I faced a few "crashes" with a couple of apps like Amazon in which the app kept running though. In this case the desired values are still being applied?
7th September 2019, 06:48 AM |#4648  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amn1987

Does XPrivacyLua and Pro work even when not launched? I mean not even in the Recents menu?

Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amn1987

Also I faced a few "crashes" with a couple of apps like Amazon in which the app kept running though. In this case the desired values are still being applied?

Most likely.
The Following User Says Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th September 2019, 07:48 AM |#4649  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

(Ed)Xposed crashes cannot be fixed by XPrivacyLua, so you'll need to fix this by using another (Ed)Xposed version or another hooking algorithm like Sandhook.

What I found out is that keeping only a bare minimum amount of modules active under Magisk and EDxposed helps. EDxposed framework is not as robust as Xposed used to be.

Under old Xposed, once you found a combo of modules that boot, you could be sure that it would work every time. Not so much here. And the main issue with EDxposed is that when it fails, it fails silently.

Xposed used to give bootloop. Edxposed approach may sound better for non-security modules, but for security modules, I'll rather get a bootloop.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sbcontt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sbcontt Ad-Free
11th September 2019, 10:08 PM |#4650  
OP Recognized Developer

More
I have been asked about XPrivacyLua for Android 10 several times. I understand the question and I will look into it as soon as there is a relative stable (Ed)Xposed available for Android 10. I expect XPrivacyLua to just work though. Google has improved privacy on recent Android versions, so I don't think new restrictions are necessary.
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th September 2019, 11:14 PM |#4651  
Thanks Meter: 197

More
EdXposed YAHFA version is more stable than Sandhook for me.

Sandhook had a slowed down app start for literally each app and there were some errors thrown in the lov.
YAHFA works better, no error in the log and.the app start is normal.

So, I advise to use YAHFA first version, before trying out new things and only after it is stable, try out Sandhook.

Sorry for s bit offtopic, I want to help those with EdXposed and XprivacyLua (or other modules ) problems.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Loader009 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Loader009 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)