Thanks Meter: 38,648

By M66B, Recognized Developer on 5th January 2018, 04:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th October 2019, 09:16 PM |#4731  
Thanks Meter: 821

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

The get applications restriction prevent apps from getting information about other apps running on your device.

Please see here for more information:
https://developer.android.com/refere...PackageManager

The repo also contains more PackageManager hooks as well.
While the built-in stock "Get Applications" hooks will prevent a restricted app from getting the list of installed and running apps and services, the repository hooks also prevent a restricted app from querying about or invoking specific apps. Search for "Get.Applications" or "PackageManager" in the repo.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fif_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Fif_ Ad-Free
6th October 2019, 02:18 PM |#4732  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
@M66B @Fif_
Thank you guys!
6th October 2019, 10:51 PM |#4733  
Thanks Meter: 129

More
Nvrmind, figured it out
10th October 2019, 09:00 PM |#4734  
OP Recognized Developer

More
After having endured so many ungrateful, demanding and rude people, this 1 star rating is the final drop:

"Gegenüber der alten XPrivacy ein riesiger Scheissdreck"
(English: "Compared to the old XPrivacy a huge ****")

The interest and support for this project is minimal anyway.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th October 2019, 09:01 PM |#4735  
OP Recognized Developer

More
After having endured so many ungrateful, demanding and rude people, this 1 star rating is the final drop:

10th October 2019, 11:40 PM |#4736  
Thanks Meter: 231

More
Quote:

Whaaaattt ... that's a troll kid with low IQ ... just ignore that kind of people.... I can't live without xprivacyLUA.... don't make them win... For XprivacyLUA you need to know the basic of android spyware aka abusing privacy... for that you need to read a lot... and to understand you need IQ < 100 ..
please don't stop the great work... keep it up... all the best
Good luck.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to drnightshadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift drnightshadow Ad-Free
11th October 2019, 12:00 AM |#4737  
Flag Београд (Beograd/Belgrade/Griechisch Weißenburg/Alba Graeca; Alba Bulgarica)
Thanks Meter: 2,217

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drnightshadow

and to understand you need IQ < 100 ..

So members of mensa (or people with an IQ >= 100) cannot understand it...

But I agree the rest
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to guest4711 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guest4711 Ad-Free
11th October 2019, 01:03 PM |#4738  
Thanks Meter: 231

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest4711

So members of mensa (or people with an IQ >= 100) cannot understand it...

But I agree the rest

Looool you get the hidden message good finaly Im laughing ... it was loong time ago last time I lool.... damn hospitals, but at least nurses are hot loool...

I also forget to say thanks to @Fif_ for his great work on modules...
Long live XPRIVACYLUA ... power to the people! Brains over the trollsss lool
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drnightshadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift drnightshadow Ad-Free
11th October 2019, 05:56 PM |#4739  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drnightshadow

Whaaaattt ... that's a troll kid with low IQ ...

It is not about just that one review. It is about too many ungrateful, demanding and rude people.

I am not sure how I am going to proceed yet, but I am considering to completely stop answering questions (not only here) about XPrivacyLua and to limit updates to fix critical bugs only. Fortunately, XPrivacyLua has proven to be quite robust and such an update has never been necessary.

Edit: in addition: XPrivacyLua is flexible enough with custom hook definitions to fix most problems.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th October 2019, 06:23 PM |#4740  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 332

More
Quote:

It is not about just that one review. It is about too many ungrateful, demanding and rude people.

I am not sure how I am going to proceed yet, but I am considering to completely stop answering questions (not only here) about XPrivacyLua and to limit updates to fix critical bugs only. Fortunately, XPrivacyLua has proven to be quite robust and such an update has never been necessary.

Edit: in addition: XPrivacyLua is flexible enough with custom hook definitions to fix most problems.

A big thanks to you and @Fif_ ( for custom hook support).

It must be frustrating but there is a small lot who will swear by this. Incidentally, postponed upgrading to Android 10 only because of this mod
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to beeshyams For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift beeshyams Ad-Free
11th October 2019, 06:28 PM |#4741  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Flag Preserving Air Supremacy over XDA!
Thanks Meter: 7,366

More
Quote:

XPL is a fantastic, I'd even say, perfect product due to the mentioned flexibility, and I wish I don't have to miss it. But that's certainly your very own and private choice, Marcel. However, just let me and all of your other followers who appreciate how YOU defend OUR privacy know if and how we can support you in the defence against above mentioned people. Marcel, you and your products are highly recognised; not only here on XDA but also promoted on other platforms e.g. (and I assume as a Dutch boy you talk German very well) by one of in my personal views highly recognised promoters of privacy in Germany, Mike Kuketz (https://www.kuketz-blog.de/fairemail...lem-interface/).
Marcel, I watch you for many years now and I'm impressed by the patience you've always shown. Maybe it's time to change attitude and to use the tools XDA provides to keep YOUR thread(s) on-topic and clean. It's your thread and in turn your ultimate decision.
And my suggestion to anybody else who likes Marcel's product and the way he mediates his threads is, please just don't reply to any post (or anybody) that isn't really suitable here for whatever reason. I don't mean you're supposed to ignore it but simply report the post via the report function to raise the moderators' team attention. Let this team to deal with it!
Due to my very personal requirements but even more for the benefit of XDA and its great community, I'd appreciate if this project continues to be supported and the thread to remain vivid.
Thanks very much for listening - and your future support!
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Oswald Boelcke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oswald Boelcke Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)