FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][XPOSED][6.0+] XPrivacyLua - Android privacy manager

19,358 posts
Thanks Meter: 39,781
 
By M66B, Recognized Developer on 5th January 2018, 05:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th November 2019, 03:56 AM |#4791  
M66B's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 39,781
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8monochrome

@M66B
I would like to bring your attention to a possbile bug in XprivacyLua Pro app

Certain apps eg DBS Ibanking, force closes on launch will all xprivacylua options enabled.
Only by unchecking "Content.Resolver.query1/gsf_id, Content.Resolver.query16/gsf_id, Content.Resolver.query26/gsf_id" and clearing data of the app does it launch normally.
Normally when the hooks are accessed, there is a timestamp prefixed on the right of XprivacyLua Pro, these timestamps are not shown for these 3 hooks when enabled.

Please see this FAQ:
https://github.com/M66B/XPrivacyLua/...-content-faq10

Not all restrictions can have usage data (time stamps).
8th November 2019, 09:19 AM |#4792  
Senior Member
Montpellier
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
I've been using xprivacy again for the past weeks, and it works without crashes, but it makes the phone sluggish, apps take a long time to open, sometimes they hang.

Not complaining, just wondering if there's some kind of tweaking I could do
8th November 2019, 09:21 AM |#4793  
M66B's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 39,781
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipo

I've been using xprivacy again for the past weeks, and it works without crashes, but it makes the phone sluggish, apps take a long time to open, sometimes they hang.

Not complaining, just wondering if there's some kind of tweaking I could do

Sluggishness is almost always caused by (Ed)Xposed. You can try different hooking methods, see the Xposed forums for more information.
The Following User Says Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th November 2019, 09:27 AM |#4794  
Senior Member
Montpellier
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Thanks.

But my phone running edxposed without xprivacy works fine. Only other modules are xposed edge pro and afwall.

I'll check the xposed forums
8th November 2019, 09:30 AM |#4795  
M66B's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 39,781
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipo

Thanks.

But my phone running edxposed without xprivacy works fine. Only other modules are xposed edge pro and afwall.

I'll check the xposed forums

XPrivacyLua hooks a lot more methods than most other modules:

https://github.com/M66B/XPrivacyLua/...ets/hooks.json
8th November 2019, 09:52 AM |#4796  
Senior Member
Montpellier
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

XPrivacyLua hooks a lot more methods than most other modules:

https://github.com/M66B/XPrivacyLua/...ets/hooks.json

Noted

I am trying the latest edxposed right now.

Would it help if I blocked only the bare minimum
8th November 2019, 10:37 AM |#4797  
M66B's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 39,781
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipo

Noted

I am trying the latest edxposed right now.

Would it help if I blocked only the bare minimum

That might help.
9th November 2019, 05:07 AM |#4798  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 876
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

Sluggishness is almost always caused by (Ed)Xposed. You can try different hooking methods, see the Xposed forums for more information.


It's a bug in the Edxposed. Some ROMs just refuse to work with Edxposed and xpl for some reason. If you're using yahfa, use sandhook and vice versa.


@M66B my apologies, I quoted the wrong post.
The Following User Says Thank You to Josh McGrath For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Josh McGrath Ad-Free
10th November 2019, 08:37 AM |#4799  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Hi @M66B , I'm trying to randomise the identifiers from XPL pro globally as well as per app basis. But whenever i close the XPL pro after randomising and recheck the identifiers settings it's all blank. Basically the identifiers just vanish as soon as i press back button. So is there any save button for this ?

I need to randomise identifiers, just as we used to in old Xprivacy.

Thanks in advance
10th November 2019, 09:03 AM |#4800  
M66B's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 39,781
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdroid18

Hi @M66B , I'm trying to randomise the identifiers from XPL pro globally as well as per app basis. But whenever i close the XPL pro after randomising and recheck the identifiers settings it's all blank. Basically the identifiers just vanish as soon as i press back button. So is there any save button for this ?

I need to randomise identifiers, just as we used to in old Xprivacy.

Thanks in advance

There is a manual randomize and a randomize on boot, but there is no randomize on access in XPrivacyLua.

If you manually randomize, you'll need to save the randomized value.
10th November 2019, 11:53 AM |#4801  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

There is a manual randomize and a randomize on boot, but there is no randomize on access in XPrivacyLua.

If you manually randomize, you'll need to save the randomized value.

Yes I'm manually randomising but as soon as i hit back button after giving random values, those values vanishes when i again go and check it.

Like in Older Xprivacy when we saved the template after randomising all values, those values didn't vanished even after closing the app.

So is this normal or some issue with my device ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes