By M66B, Recognized Developer on 5th January 2018, 05:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th January 2020, 08:12 AM |#5001  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 42,614

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroMoto

Is there a way to get a field from an object if that object has a method with the same name? Using objectName.fieldName will just return the method with the same name. I've tried using the getField('fieldName') on the class but it just returns the error "attempt to call nil"

This will not be possible due to limitations of LuaJ.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th January 2020, 07:06 PM |#5002  
Flag Spokane
Thanks Meter: 172

More
Hey just wanted to stop in and say I purchased all pro features today as well as to say I appreciate all the time, effort and work you've put into xprivacylua. Xprivacylua is a wonderful application and is very user friendly! I hope that support for this project continues as long as Xposed does. And as long as it does, I will continue to use this great application. Thank you @M66B! Also a thank you to @Fif_ as I use a lot of his custom hook definitions!

Sent from my SM-G950U using XDA Labs
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to bradical711 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bradical711 Ad-Free
20th January 2020, 10:31 AM |#5003  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hello !

I finally manage to install XPrivacyLua, thanks for the hard job !

I have a suggestion for feature, maybe it exist but I didn't find it. It's possible to show popup asking for using fake or real data ?

For exemple, I like faking GPS acces to Google Maps, but sometimes I need it. So instead of going in XPrivacyLua setting to not faking GPS for GMaps, is it possible that when I open GMaps, a popup from XPrivacyLua show off and ask me if I want to fake or not GPS ?

As long as GMaps is still running, it will keep access to real data, but when I close GMaps, it'll get fake again.

Thanks !
20th January 2020, 11:03 AM |#5004  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilflip

Hello !

I finally manage to install XPrivacyLua, thanks for the hard job !

I have a suggestion for feature, maybe it exist but I didn't find it. It's possible to show popup asking for using fake or real data ?

For exemple, I like faking GPS acces to Google Maps, but sometimes I need it. So instead of going in XPrivacyLua setting to not faking GPS for GMaps, is it possible that when I open GMaps, a popup from XPrivacyLua show off and ask me if I want to fake or not GPS ?

As long as GMaps is still running, it will keep access to real data, but when I close GMaps, it'll get fake again.

Thanks !

I have no plans to add this feature, sorry.
The Following User Says Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2020, 01:15 PM |#5005  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
@stilflip What about turning off the location service? If that's all you need, then switching it on again is just tapping a QS tile..
21st January 2020, 01:57 PM |#5006  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keule-T

@stilflip What about turning off the location service? If that's all you need, then switching it on again is just tapping a QS tile..

Does it prevent GMaps to access as well at my location through network (4G) ?

But it's not only for GMaps, I was thinking about others applications which need some specific access for running properly, but I don't like give them this access all the time. I'm maybe a psycho, but as I don't really understand what's going on in the background of my mobile, I prefer block the access in general.
21st January 2020, 02:13 PM |#5007  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:

Does it prevent GMaps to access as well at my location through network (4G) ?

But it's not only for GMaps, I was thinking about others applications which need some specific access for running properly, but I don't like give them this access all the time. I'm maybe a psycho, but as I don't really understand what's going on in the background of my mobile, I prefer block the access in general.

Yes, that is possible.
21st January 2020, 02:18 PM |#5008  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

Yes, that is possible.

What is possible ?
- That GMaps can access to my position through network ?
- That XPrivacyLua doesn't prevent GMaps to access to my position through network ?
- That desactivate GPS on my phone prevent GMaps to access to my position whether by network or GPS ?
- That I'm a psycho ?
21st January 2020, 03:54 PM |#5009  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:

What is possible ?
- That GMaps can access to my position through network ?
- That XPrivacyLua doesn't prevent GMaps to access to my position through network ?
- That desactivate GPS on my phone prevent GMaps to access to my position whether by network or GPS ?
- That I'm a psycho ?

The last of course

XPrivacyLua has a location restriction that works for all apps and location providers.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd January 2020, 08:48 PM |#5010  
OP Recognized Developer

More
@LinoPino221 XPrivacyLua has not been discontinued.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd January 2020, 08:48 PM |#5011  
OP Recognized Developer

More
@LinoPino221 XPrivacyLua has not been discontinued.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)