Thanks Meter: 44,142

By M66B, Recognized Developer on 5th January 2018, 04:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th February 2020, 12:00 AM |#5071  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Hello @M66B

Question regarding GPS location after uninstall -

After installing and uninstalling Xprivacy Lua my location in a secondary app (I'll call app #2) still shows my GPS coordinates as in the middle of the ocean near Africa.

The scenario is in App #2 which is a buying/selling app. When I click on a buying ad it brings up a map and shows me how far the location is from my current GPS location. Before I installed Xprivacy Lua this worked based off of my GPS. After I installed, it worked off the GPS in the ocean which I know is what is intended. My problem is, that after I uninstalled Xprivacy Lua the location in the app never reverted to show my original GPS location. Waze seems able to grab my real GPS coordinates fine, but not app #2.

I've tried to re-install and uninstall Xprivacy Lua(while it is running) 3 times, as well as re-installing App #2 after each time. I still get the same results. Any solution to this outside of doing a full reset on the phone? Phone is on Android 9, if that's relevant.

I should mention I have a second phone I never installed Xprivacy Lua on and it has App #2 and it works as expected so it's not an issue with App #2.
27th February 2020, 07:27 AM |#5072  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by D412

Hello @M66B

Question regarding GPS location after uninstall -

After installing and uninstalling Xprivacy Lua my location in a secondary app (I'll call app #2) still shows my GPS coordinates as in the middle of the ocean near Africa.

The scenario is in App #2 which is a buying/selling app. When I click on a buying ad it brings up a map and shows me how far the location is from my current GPS location. Before I installed Xprivacy Lua this worked based off of my GPS. After I installed, it worked off the GPS in the ocean which I know is what is intended. My problem is, that after I uninstalled Xprivacy Lua the location in the app never reverted to show my original GPS location. Waze seems able to grab my real GPS coordinates fine, but not app #2.

I've tried to re-install and uninstall Xprivacy Lua(while it is running) 3 times, as well as re-installing App #2 after each time. I still get the same results. Any solution to this outside of doing a full reset on the phone? Phone is on Android 9, if that's relevant.

I should mention I have a second phone I never installed Xprivacy Lua on and it has App #2 and it works as expected so it's not an issue with App #2.

The location is likely being cached by the app.
27th February 2020, 03:54 PM |#5073  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Hey, thanks for the great app. Quick question. I need to "randomize data" (spooft my device IMEI, IMSI, phone number etc) as in the original XPrivacy. I don't see that option here. Is it available?

Edit: it's in the pro version. Thanks again.

Edit 2: how do you buy the Pro features???

Edit 3: Sorry for clogging this thread with my edits, but I've found my answer, cheers.
27th February 2020, 10:34 PM |#5074  
Thanks Meter: 670

More
hello,
I had to wipe my device and update it to Pie...
I checked to filter Google play services and store but i can't see any catch in pro logs or in timestamps...
did i miss something?
does Google bypass xplua ?
28th February 2020, 06:42 AM |#5075  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fif_

There are some Webview hooks in the repo that may do that. They make the classic (Rovo89) Xposed crash, but may work if you use EdXposed.
Edit: the Webview hooks are actually shipped with XPL, but you need to activate them with XPL Pro (Manage hooks, edit, enable, save).

I am using EdXposed. And following your instruction i enabled all hooks mentioning "webview", including WebView.constructor.11, WebView.constructor.1a, WebView.constructor.1b, WebView.constructor.1c and WebView.constructor.21. But after visiting https://www.whatismybrowser.com/dete...-my-user-agent, i can still see my model info.
28th February 2020, 06:57 AM |#5076  
Thanks Meter: 950

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Chu

I am using EdXposed. And following your instruction i enabled all hooks mentioning "webview", including WebView.constructor.11, WebView.constructor.1a, WebView.constructor.1b, WebView.constructor.1c and WebView.constructor.21. But after visiting https://www.whatismybrowser.com/dete...my-user-agent, i can still see my model info.

Sorry, I had misread your question. The hooks you have installed are for WebView (in-app browser), but won't work with Chrome (which doesn't use WebView).
28th February 2020, 07:07 AM |#5077  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

Sorry, I had misread your question. The hooks you have installed are for WebView (in-app browser), but won't work with Chrome (which doesn't use WebView).

Then how did chrome read my model info? Is there a way to restrict it?
28th February 2020, 07:35 AM |#5078  
Thanks Meter: 950

More
Quote:

Then how did chrome read my model info? Is there a way to restrict it?

It probably gets this data through binary code, which XPL cannot hook.
28th February 2020, 08:44 AM |#5079  
Flag 河南
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

I did a simple test using Tasker, it is able to run the command without root or phone permission and i stored the imei into a variable.
https://i.imgur.com/iLAa9wB.png
https://i.imgur.com/xfT6nxs.png
I believe it doesn't have any "special permission".
Also with Runtime exec(), apps are able to get imei in this way easily.

BTW i need to point out that the result of that command varies. Most phones with chinese rom(xiaomi, meizu and so on) have that, but samsung and huawei return zero result.

By the way,How to let Tasker detect su using shell commands, I want to test the hook ProcessBuilder.start

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

There is an app that needs to uninstall busybox and the random package name is turned on by the magisk framework so that it cannot be detected as root. But after my test, after uninstalling busybox, without opening the random package name of magisk and enabling the “Processbuilder. start” hook, the app can still detect the root. How is this going?[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

Quote:

Try the new repo hooks for ProcessBuilder.start and Runtime.exec* (Fif variants).
That loophole is now closed.

There is an app that needs to uninstall busybox and the random package name is turned on by the magisk framework so that it cannot be detected as root. But after my test, after uninstalling busybox, without opening the random package name of magisk and enabling the “Processbuilder. start” hook, the app can still detect the root. How is this going?
28th February 2020, 11:52 AM |#5080  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
I'm looking for the option to put in GSM cell data in the LuaPro version as it was in the original XPrivacy. Is it available in this variant?
The Following User Says Thank You to Slimegod For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Slimegod Ad-Free
28th February 2020, 03:28 PM |#5081  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beibei2

.... the app can still detect the root. ...

XPrivacyLua is to protect your privacy, not to hide root. So, this is off topic here and therefore not allowed to be discussed here. There are other Xposed related XDA threads where you can discuss about this.
The Following User Says Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)