Oreo + edxposed = safetynet does not pass

341 posts
Thanks Meter: 28

By anonxlg, Senior Member on 17th May 2019, 11:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
I was running xposed without issue. I decided to upgrade to edxposed to get safetynet pass working.
I uninstalled xposed, rebooted, and checked that safetynet passed.
Installed riru core, edxposed (sandyhook), and the sandyhook's link's edxposed manager. Rebooted. Opened edxposed manager and enabled all modules. Rebooted again. Saw that my gravitybox UI settings changed upon reboot, so I'm assuming all is good.
Checked safetynet, both fails.

-edit-
I restarted my phone a few times after enabling black listing and it works now.
The Following User Says Thank You to anonxlg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift anonxlg Ad-Free
9th March 2020, 11:20 PM |#2  
Flag rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonxlg

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
I was running xposed without issue. I decided to upgrade to edxposed to get safetynet pass working.
I uninstalled xposed, rebooted, and checked that safetynet passed.
Installed riru core, edxposed (sandyhook), and the sandyhook's link's edxposed manager. Rebooted. Opened edxposed manager and enabled all modules. Rebooted again. Saw that my gravitybox UI settings changed upon reboot, so I'm assuming all is good.
Checked safetynet, both fails.

-edit-
I restarted my phone a few times after enabling black listing and it works now.

Thank you for the info. Then I will also try on my Samsung S7 What is actually the difference between those Ed-xposed and regular xposed
15th March 2020, 02:22 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eSkip

Thank you for the info. Then I will also try on my Samsung S7 What is actually the difference between those Ed-xposed and regular xposed

If i'm not wrong, edxposed is a fork of xposed. Using xposed = no safetynet pass AND it modifies system files. Edxposed = safetynet pass BECAUSE it's a magisk module which means it's a temporarily modifies system files.
However, google recently updated their safetynet checks, so it may or may not work in the future.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)