Can i pass magisk safetynet with systemless xposed installed?

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Aviya, Junior Member on 14th January 2019, 06:12 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I saw there are a lot of interesting modules for pogo and I cant use them because it recognizes xposed..

In addition, the systemless xposed works for me only when magisk hide is off, is there any option to use them both? Thanks

(S8 plus, oreo, magisk v18)
14th January 2019, 08:17 AM |#2  
In your mind
Thanks Meter: 365

More
No, Xposed will always trigger safetynet. Magisk module was created in order to make it easy to disable and enable it
14th January 2019, 12:31 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Try to use "no device check" Xposed module.

Wysłane z mojego Redmi 4X przy użyciu Tapatalka
16th January 2019, 07:48 AM |#4  
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 9,237

Donate to Me
More
This has been brought up quite alot, and there really is no need for me to post anything about it again. But... To clarify some more on the above posts (and give me a perfect excuse to procrastinate a bit on my paper due on friday ):

Xposed cannot currently (and likely never) be hidden. On older systems this was possible but Google changed something in a security update (november 16, maybe?) and now it can't be done.

The "No Device Check" Xposed module that @Robert342 talks about above can be used to fake a CTS profile response, but that's about it. In the past, Pokemon Go only used the Basic integrity check (so the "No Device Check" module would be useless), but nowadays it also checks for a whole host of other things, like Busybox apps, root hiding apps, etc, and if I remember correctly the Xposed installer as well.

There might be some way of getting things running with PoGo (VirtualXposed, maybe), but I've never bothered to dig deeper into that kind of stuff (and I haven't actually used Xposed since Marshmallow). Too much effort... Would be much easier to just keep an untouched device for playing the game and another for all your rooting and modding needs.

And now for some semantics: It's not Magisk's SafetyNet, it's Google's. The Magisk Manager just uses Google's APIs for making a security check against their servers so you easily can check if MagiskHide is working as it should. And you can actually have the Magisk systemless Xposed module installed and still pass SafetyNet (as @azZA_09 is hinting about above). You'll just have to deactivate it and reboot whenever you need to pass SafetyNet and then reactivate it and reboot when you're done...
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Didgeridoohan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Didgeridoohan Ad-Free
15th March 2020, 01:23 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1,139

More
It's funny how just days after this last comment, EdXposed was released.
Also, it's even more funny that I only got to discover it today, after the despair that hardware-backed remote attestation in safetynet now is.
I guess it was a good year for some people at least.. And perhaps older phones not shipping with keymaster 2 might still enjoy escaping
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)