Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Pass SafetyNet with Xposed?

394 posts
Thanks Meter: 17

By eXtremeDevil, Senior Member on 25th August 2017, 11:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've been reading several threads here and in other forums as well, and I still not sure if this is possible at all, or it depends on the Xposed modules, etc.

I'm planning to do a clean install of the RR ROM, 6.0.1, try to remove all traces of root, then flash magisk and see if I can pass SafetyNet.

Does a custom kernel interfieres with that?

And if I pass it... any possibility to use Xposed (being active) and pass SafetyNet? Or at least hide it for problematic apps, like Netflix, or Mario Run?

Thanks in advance.

25th August 2017, 02:04 PM |#2  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 280

More
No, Xposed and SafetyNet is a no-go for now.
If you have a device, which ROM has security patches older than November 2016, you may try to use suhide along with Magisk and its MagiskHide, but no guarantees.
The Following User Says Thank You to przemcio510 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift przemcio510 Ad-Free
25th August 2017, 02:42 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seville

More
The ROM I plan to use is from september, you mean with suhide maybe SafetyNet could pass with Xposed enabled?

Thanks!
25th August 2017, 04:41 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXtremeDevil

I've been reading several threads here and in other forums as well, and I still not sure if this is possible at all, or it depends on the Xposed modules, etc.

I'm planning to do a clean install of the RR ROM, 6.0.1, try to remove all traces of root, then flash magisk and see if I can pass SafetyNet.

Does a custom kernel interfieres with that?

And if I pass it... any possibility to use Xposed (being active) and pass SafetyNet? Or at least hide it for problematic apps, like Netflix, or Mario Run?

Thanks in advance.

With Xposed Safetynet gone.
But you can use no device check module to pass ctsProfile True. But you can't anything about basicintegrity.
the ctsProfile in important. This mean you can play super Mario run or use Netflix in your device. But because of the basicintegrity you can't download or update this app from play store. You can download from apkmirror site.
Netflix and super Mario run in my phone.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arianat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift arianat Ad-Free
25th August 2017, 05:22 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seville

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arianat

With Xposed Safetynet gone.
But you can use no device check module to pass ctsProfile True. But you can't anything about basicintegrity.
the ctsProfile in important. This mean you can play super Mario run or use Netflix in your device. But because of the basicintegrity you can't download or update this app from play store. You can download from apkmirror site.
Netflix and super Mario run in my phone.

Let's see if I understood it correctly. Can I have custom ROM + Magisk + SuperSU + custom kernel + Xposed active and with this module I can use that kind of apps?

Thanks!
25th August 2017, 05:31 PM |#6  

More
Quote:

Let's see if I understood it correctly. Can I have custom ROM + Magisk + SuperSU + custom kernel + Xposed active and with this module I can use that kind of apps?

Thanks!

Yes. I have custom kernel on ViperU 1.7 custom Rom in HTC U11
but I think you can't use superSu with magisk. You must use one of them. Why you want superSu? Magisk has superuser

Just install Xposed and install no device check module in Xposed installer

25th August 2017, 05:51 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seville

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arianat

Yes. I have custom kernel on ViperU 1.7 custom Rom in HTC U11
but I think you can't use superSu with magisk. You must use one of them. Why you want superSu? Magisk has superuser

Just install Xposed and install no device check module in Xposed installer

I use an older Magisk that supports SuperSU. If I need newer Magisk for this to work, or if the module doesn't work with SuperSU, please let me know.

Thanks!
26th August 2017, 03:58 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Best way really is root switch, requires reboot and disables xposed bit gets the job done.
The Following User Says Thank You to kekistaneerefugee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kekistaneerefugee Ad-Free
26th August 2017, 01:18 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seville

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kekistaneerefugee

Best way really is root switch, requires reboot and disables xposed bit gets the job done.

I don't want to be disabling Xposed and rebooting everytime...
26th August 2017, 04:22 PM |#10  

More
Quote:

I use an older Magisk that supports SuperSU. If I need newer Magisk for this to work, or if the module doesn't work with SuperSU, please let me know.

Thanks!

The module worked with superuser and superSu
I tested

26th August 2017, 06:46 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seville

More
Great, thanks, for now I will try MagiskSU. Just flashed ROM, removed su and SN passed. But installed boeffla kernel and not anymore. Is it normal? Can I avoid that? Gonna flash Magisk 13.3 now and check.

Thanks for everything guys!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)