Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

Phone stuck on booting screen after install

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Emilia-Chan, Junior Member on 3rd July 2018, 01:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,
first off, sorry. I was stupid and didn't read into it before installing (or trying to install) Xposed to my Samsung S8. Yes, i've read now that it doesn't work with the official ROM, but now it's a bit to late.
So. After rooting my S8 today (using TWRP) i wanted to install Xposed. I downloaded an installer from this site because.. umm, i had a brain fart. For some reason my brain took that site as the official website, so i downloaded it from a 3rd Party site instead of the actual website.
I installed the apk and granted root access. After that i clicked on install and Xposed installed successfully. After that it obviously asked me to reboot my device, which i did. But now i am stuck on the Samsung screen of the boot progress. I know i could technically just wipe the phone (again) and start anew, but i'd like to avoid that if possible. I can access TWRP, but if i try to access the system files in the file browser, it shows "0MB" and i can't access them.
I tried downloading an uninstaller linked in this thread, but i don't know which one i should download.
Sorry again for me being so stupid and not reading into it and downloading from some weird 3rd Party site.
Thanks in advance for the help!

EDIT: And yea, of course i didn't create a backup before installing Xposed. So if there is no way to properly uninstall it, i gotta wipe everything once again

3rd July 2018, 10:13 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 3,755

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilia-Chan

Hello, first off, sorry. I was stupid and didn't read into it before installing (or trying to install) Xposed to my Samsung S8.......

I don't have this device but, I believe that you should be able to flash (via TWRP) the Framework Uninstaller located on the following Official XPosed link. Just select the correct ARCH (ARM, ARM64, etc...) for your device.

http://dl-xda.xposed.info/framework/uninstaller/

If necessary, you can always try to obtain some additional member guidance and support from the following Q&A thread that's specific to your device and variants.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3582142

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT provide support via PM unless asked/requested by myself. PLEASE keep it in the threads where everyone can share.
4th July 2018, 08:57 AM |#3  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 15

More
In the link provided by @lbuprophen use the arm64 zip uninstaller (latest version) to uninstall exposed.
Just curious how long did you let it try to boot for,mine took 10-15 minutes for it to do it's thing and boot up.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using XDA Labs
4th July 2018, 10:11 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

I don't have this device but, I believe that you should be able to flash (via TWRP) the Framework Uninstaller located on the following Official XPosed link. Just select the correct ARCH (ARM, ARM64, etc...) for your device.

I tried that before, unfortunately without success. It also may be noteworthy that my brain turned off and downloaded the XPosed installer off some 3rd Party site. I know. Stupid. But it happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnlives

In the link provided by @lbuprophen use the arm64 zip uninstaller (latest version) to uninstall exposed.
Just curious how long did you let it try to boot for,mine took 10-15 minutes for it to do it's thing and boot up.

I waited over an hour for my phone to boot, before and after flashing the uninstaller. I also tried wiping it and even completely formatting the data, everything without any success. It kept on not passing the Samsung screen and eventually bootlooping.

I fixed the issue by just flashing the stock rom with odin and then reinstalling TWRP and rooting my device again. Will stay away from XPosed with this phone for now.

Thanks for the advice anyways!
4th July 2018, 03:16 PM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 3,755

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilia-Chan

.... I fixed the issue by just flashing the stock rom with odin and then reinstalling TWRP and rooting my device again. Will stay away from XPosed with this phone for now. Thanks for the advice anyways!

You did what I would have probably done myself in this situation by starting from scratch.

I just wanted to let you know that I believe that I had saw somewhere (within the dedicated area of the forum for your device) that individuals were successful with Magisk XPosed.

Though I do understand if you want to stay away from XPosed until your ready again and I'm happy to see that your at least up and running again.

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT provide support via PM unless asked/requested by myself. PLEASE keep it in the threads where everyone can share.
10th July 2018, 12:48 PM |#6  
Flag Genève
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I got the same even just after the installation of the apk for Systemless Xposed on an Xperia (XposedInstaller_3.1.5-Magisk.apk) found here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpo...posed-t3388268
I made a reboot as I like to isolate the issues while they happen. That was it: bootloop..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)