Remove All Ads from XDA

Please support Android Pie ( 9.0 SDK28 ).

17 posts
Thanks Meter: 20

By mlgmxyysd, Junior Member on 15th August 2018, 08:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th September 2018, 03:42 PM |#21  
Flag Anchorage
Thanks Meter: 20,884

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrikHaus

@rovo89 - Please consider this. Either update, or open it up. There are A LOT of people waiting for a Pie update.

You can give it up. If you want it the go and get the code he has made available and then work on it yourself.

You might as well get used to it. Things like this happen to projects all the time. Mostly it comes down to lack of time as people become adults. Most devs in this site range from 15 to 18 years old. Then once adult hood kicks in most devs move away.
The Following User Says Thank You to zelendel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zelendel Ad-Free

29th September 2018, 05:01 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 66

Donate to Me
More
Is the source code not fully available?
3rd October 2018, 02:16 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 761

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperCriSiS

Is the source code not fully available?

I don't think the sources for the latest published Xposed are available. Heard that from @M66B, the XPrivacy/XPrivacyLua maintainer.
13th October 2018, 11:07 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 66

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fif_

I don't think the sources for the latest published Xposed are available. Heard that from @M66B, the XPrivacy/XPrivacyLua maintainer.

OK, did not know. That's really bad, because I think there are a lot of capable devs out there that could help.
With this development speed, Xposed dies a slow death. It is really a pity. Android is nothing without xposed.
If the source code would be fully available, we could start bounty's on http://bountysource.com.

Offtopic:
Thanks for the XPrivacyLua templates btw.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HyperCriSiS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HyperCriSiS Ad-Free
14th October 2018, 02:21 AM |#25  
Flag Anchorage

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperCriSiS

OK, did not know. That's really bad, because I think there are a lot of capable devs out there that could help.
With this development speed, Xposed dies a slow death. It is really a pity. Android is nothing without xposed.
If the source code would be fully available, we could start bounty's on http://bountysource.com.

Offtopic:
Thanks for the XPrivacyLua templates btw.

First Bounties wont do you any good. The level that is needed for something like this is above most XDA users as of late. And it has nothing to do with money. Its what is the down fall for all hobby developers. That is life and time. Something like this becomes less important the older you get and you have less time for it. Many projects have died off the same way. Its nothing new.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zelendel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zelendel Ad-Free
15th October 2018, 08:25 PM |#26  
Flag Cuiaba
Thanks Meter: 486

More
Well, if the dev goes away because of real life, meaning job, money making, among other things of course, but one can't go without money. Why woudn't it having nothing to do with money? When hes away and come back saying he was working, how come it has nothing to do with money?
Let's compare it to CEMu emulator, they stopped 'real life work' to work only on CEMU, and are making 20k+ dolars a month. I am not saying @rovo89 would make same or more, but I doubt he wouldn't make sope money. Just don't know if it's worth it, at the end it's his choice, and is not that allll of this is money, but of course it has a big impact.
The Following User Says Thank You to justjr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift justjr Ad-Free
15th October 2018, 09:14 PM |#27  
Flag Anchorage

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjr

Well, if the dev goes away because of real life, meaning job, money making, among other things of course, but one can't go without money. Why woudn't it having nothing to do with money? When hes away and come back saying he was working, how come it has nothing to do with money?
Let's compare it to CEMu emulator, they stopped 'real life work' to work only on CEMU, and are making 20k+ dolars a month. I am not saying @rovo89 would make same or more, but I doubt he wouldn't make sope money. Just don't know if it's worth it, at the end it's his choice, and is not that allll of this is money, but of course it has a big impact.

Because most of the real developer here have good jobs already so money is not really the issue. He has already stated time and time again that the issue is the time it takes away from his family. This is why you see most developers here are in their teens and early years. As once adult life kicks in you almost never have the time needed for large projects like Xposed.

Money is seldom the major issue. There are many great devs that make no money for what they do. You can find them all over the place on Development focused forums.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zelendel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zelendel Ad-Free
16th October 2018, 09:30 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
So,why anyone else can't take the project, when original author abandoned it? There must be surely other people with android programming skills able to keep xposed alive?

As I am concerned, I need it only for one module - Flat Style Bar Indicator. Because original android wifi/mobile signal icons, clock etc. are ugly as hell (and I don't know how they can keep it so ugly for so many years till now).
(and Gravitybox of course on other than stock rom, where you can customize many things - but that can be compensated by using custom ROM with enough customizing options).

Back to xposed for Pie - I understand that there is code on Github for xposed framework that currently works on Oreo? So can anyone with enough experiences look at it and build Pie-compatible version? I would pitch in some money too.
The Following User Says Thank You to vector88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vector88 Ad-Free
16th October 2018, 03:29 PM |#29  
Flag Anchorage

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vector88

So,why anyone else can't take the project, when original author abandoned it? There must be surely other people with android programming skills able to keep xposed alive?

As I am concerned, I need it only for one module - Flat Style Bar Indicator. Because original android wifi/mobile signal icons, clock etc. are ugly as hell (and I don't know how they can keep it so ugly for so many years till now).
(and Gravitybox of course on other than stock rom, where you can customize many things - but that can be compensated by using custom ROM with enough customizing options).

Back to xposed for Pie - I understand that there is code on Github for xposed framework that currently works on Oreo? So can anyone with enough experiences look at it and build Pie-compatible version? I would pitch in some money too.

Xposed is/was an xda backed project. If there was someone that could pick it up they would have. Plus also xda is becoming more security focused which means things like xposed are not a good idea. Not to mention Google keeps patching all the holes xposed uses to work. So it is a constant fight. Gone are the days of things like xposed.

Now I could be wrong but only time will tell.
The Following User Says Thank You to zelendel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zelendel Ad-Free
17th October 2018, 05:22 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel

Plus also xda is becoming more security focused which means things like xposed are not a good idea.

xposed is necessary to get the rom / phone secure
xposed is necessary to use xprivacylua and microg/fakegapps

xprivacylua is a musthave to go online with the phone
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xerves78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xerves78 Ad-Free
18th October 2018, 01:16 AM |#31  
Flag Anchorage

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xerves78

xposed is necessary to get the rom / phone secure
xposed is necessary to use xprivacylua and microg/fakegapps

xprivacylua is a musthave to go online with the phone

So let me get this right. You think using some software and moduals made by random people on the internet is secure?

Xposed makes device far less secure. This is why rom devs do not support it. It uses security holes to do what needs to be done. So no it doesn't make your device more secure. You want secure. Then stay on stock. True mobile security is a joke and useless.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)